Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Tks for the reply. I asked a couple of CMs who told me they are delivered to resorts overnight. Will still try and get them shipped to FS as ‘my US address’ but so far Disney has said no. Thank you!

Tks for the reply. I asked a couple of CMs who told me they are delivered to resorts overnight. Will still try and get them shipped to FS as ‘my US address’ but so far Disney has said no. Thank you!
I have heard the same. Are you going to the parks before your Contemporary stay? If so, your cards will still work until you're able to pick up your MBs. It sounds like you're trying to fit in a lot before arriving at Epcot at 7:30am. Wondered if you could possibly drop off luggage at Contemporary but then wait and pick up MBs later?

If I was planning for myself I'd plan for:
- 15 mins drive to Contemporary
- 15 mins for check-in time
- 10 mins for luggage drop-off
- 15 mins to drive to Epcot

This gives you a bit of wiggle room but not a lot. A lot will depend on how busy it is a check-in when you arrive and also at luggage services.

I have heard the same. Are you going to the parks before your Contemporary stay? If so, your cards will still work until you're able to pick up your MBs. It sounds like you're trying to fit in a lot before arriving at Epcot at 7:30am. Wondered if you could possibly drop off luggage at Contemporary but then wait and pick up MBs later?

No, the hotel move day is the first park day. We wanted a couple of relaxed hotel days before burning our feet since I’ll go straight from work to a long flight thus indulging ourselves with three nights at the FS. When planning always assumed we would be able to go from FS to the parks and then I would go by myself to pick luggage from one resort to the other during our midday break (while family rested at the poly), but not having MBs means no park entry before going to Poly. Am still considering whether to cancel breakfast to avoid an excessively early morning for the kids if there is no other option. Alternative is to buy additional MBs during the weekend at DS, but it’s an additional 60 bucks, and specially big waste if we’re getting free ones one day later

Thanks for your time estimates. That would make wake up time around 5ish, May work if the whole family still on European time.

No, the hotel move day is the first park day. We wanted a couple of relaxed hotel days before burning our feet since I’ll go straight from work to a long flight thus indulging ourselves with three nights at the FS. When planning always assumed we would be able to go from FS to the parks and then I would go by myself to pick luggage from one resort to the other during our midday break (while family rested at the poly), but not having MBs means no park entry before going to Poly. Am still considering whether to cancel breakfast to avoid an excessively early morning for the kids if there is no other option. Alternative is to buy additional MBs during the weekend at DS, but it’s an additional 60 bucks, and specially big waste if we’re getting free ones one day later

Thanks for your time estimates. That would make wake up time around 5ish, May work if the whole family still on European time.
Another option might be to go to Guest Services at Disney Springs prior to your first park day. I believe you might be able to get plastic cards that will work in place of your MagicBands until you pick those up. I would recommend you go to the All About Tickets thread as I believe they are much more qualified to answer your question about tickets. We are International visitors too so I understand there are a few extra hoops we sometimes need to jump through as MBs are not shipped Internationally.

Have you been to Disney before? If so, your MagicBands from a prior trip will still work but it sounds like this may be your first trip. Have a great trip!!

I don't stay at resorts, so I don't know the procedure ... but could they give you "paper" tickets (actually plastic) ahead of time? I know that an individual can be assigned to both an MB and a plastic card at the same time, and the 2 used interchangeably. I don't think there's a charge for cards. You might even be able to get them at Epcot on the same morning.

Tks everyone. Getting paper tickets is a great idea! Will try and find if it’s feasible. Would probably mean not using the DDP at Akershus, but I guess we can pay OOP and use the credits later in the stay. Very helpful to get such a knowledgeable group helloing on planning our first WDW vacation. Go DISers!

Yes, what a knowledgeable, friendly group we have here. So appreciate it.

Okay, here is what I'm thinking. I think too much!

We arrive at MCO on a Saturday evening 5:30. We will rideshare to Disney Springs Doubletree, check in, drop bags and head to MK where I've made FP's for 7D 8:10 and Space Mt 9:10.
We would like to eat at a QS first, then do the rides. Here's the thing. I just remembered that Lyft has to drop us at TTC, then we boat or monorail to MK. which will add more travel time.
I don't mind paying more for a Minnie van this once, which can drop us right at the park, but are they are as fast as uber/lyft to come pick you up? I've got the idea they might take longer to arrive than the other two which would defeat the purpose of using a MV to skip the TTC.

I would just stay and relax at the hotel that first night, but this is my kids' first WDW visit and they would love to check out MK that night.
I hope this makes sense. My brain is saturated with Disney planning right now!

From Beach Club to Hollywood Studios - Is there only the boat or do they have buses as well? We need to get there early for morning EMH.

Yes, what a knowledgeable, friendly group we have here. So appreciate it.

Okay, here is what I'm thinking. I think too much!

We arrive at MCO on a Saturday evening 5:30. We will rideshare to Disney Springs Doubletree, check in, drop bags and head to MK where I've made FP's for 7D 8:10 and Space Mt 9:10.
We would like to eat at a QS first, then do the rides. Here's the thing. I just remembered that Lyft has to drop us at TTC, then we boat or monorail to MK. which will add more travel time.
I don't mind paying more for a Minnie van this once, which can drop us right at the park, but are they are as fast as uber/lyft to come pick you up? I've got the idea they might take longer to arrive than the other two which would defeat the purpose of using a MV to skip the TTC.

I would just stay and relax at the hotel that first night, but this is my kids' first WDW visit and they would love to check out MK that night.
I hope this makes sense. My brain is saturated with Disney planning right now!

Take Lyft to the Contemporary and walk over!

From Beach Club to Hollywood Studios - Is there only the boat or do they have buses as well? We need to get there early for morning EMH.
The only time there will be buses running from the Epcot resorts to DHS is when the boats aren't up and running. The walk is an easy one....about 20 mins...if you don't feel the boat will get you there early enough.
Take Lyft to the Contemporary and walk over!
That would be my suggestion as well. Of course, it is very nice to see the Castle and MK the first time from the ferry.

There'll be 6 of us (4 adults & 2 children) going Dec 2-12. I have some questions about timing of getting between places since we'll be doing park hopping at least 4 times. We'll be staying at BWV.
Here's our schedule:
12/3 - 7:35am at Kona then to MK, 4:10 dinner at 1900 Park Fare, then hop to Epcot for the rest of the night
12/5 - MK then hop to Epcot for 4:30 dinner at Tutto Italia
12/7 - AK then hop to MK for 4:35 dinner at The Plaza
12/10 - another day hopping from MK to Epcot

What time is suggested to leave MK to get to 1900 for 4:10? I was thinking 3:30.
What about leaving MK to go to Epcot for 4:30? Will 3:30 be too late? My thought was to bus from MK to BC & then walk through IG to get to Italy. Thoughts?
Last is AK to MK for 4:35? Is 3:30 ok?

We're planning on having earlier dinners & snacking after if needed. I know TS places will take about 1 1/2 -2 hrs, but we still want to have time to do things in Epcot. Two of those days we're hopping to Epcot, there'll be evening extra magic hours.

Any suggestions would be great!

I did just speak to a Disney castmember on the phone but I wanted to get confirmation from the dis before I believe it.

I'll be staying at a value resort but I wanted to make a breakfast dining reservation at an Epcot resort before Epcot itself, is opened, like I wanted to get an 8AM or so seating at Ale and Compas at the Yacht Club.

If I take the Bus from my resort to Epcot, and Epcot is not yet open, how would I get to the Yacht Club for my breakfast reservation? The cast member told me there is a walkway. I only know of the walkway by the international gateway in World Showcase that takes you to the Epcot resorts. Is there really another walkway to the resorts from somewhere where the buses drop you off by the Epcot entrance where I could then walk to the Epcot Resorts?

I did just speak to a Disney castmember on the phone but I wanted to get confirmation from the dis before I believe it.

I'll be staying at a value resort but I wanted to make a breakfast dining reservation at an Epcot resort before Epcot itself, is opened, like I wanted to get an 8AM or so seating at Ale and Compas at the Yacht Club.

If I take the Bus from my resort to Epcot, and Epcot is not yet open, how would I get to the Yacht Club for my breakfast reservation? The cast member told me there is a walkway. I only know of the walkway by the international gateway in World Showcase that takes you to the Epcot resorts. Is there really another walkway to the resorts from somewhere where the buses drop you off by the Epcot entrance where I could then walk to the Epcot Resorts?
I don't know if this is the best way or not, but you could bus over to HS, then take the friendship boats over to the Epcot resorts. There is also a walkway from HS to the Epcot resorts, but I am not sure of one from Epcot without going via the park to the International Gateway.

I don't know if this is the best way or not, but you could bus over to HS, then take the friendship boats over to the Epcot resorts. There is also a walkway from HS to the Epcot resorts, but I am not sure of one from Epcot without going via the park to the International Gateway.

Thank you, these are some good ideas! I did try to find the schedule of the friendships boats on google and somewhere said they don't start running until 8:30 AM so that would probably be too late for an early breakfast reservation as it seems also, that both Epcot and Hollywood both open at 9AM on the day in question I want to make the earlier breakfast reservation.

However, your idea of taking my resort bus to Hollywood Studios and then using their walkway to to access the Epcot resorts sound great! I take it you can access this walkway at Hollywood Studios without it actually being open? It's outside the entrance?

Thank you, these are some good ideas! I did try to find the schedule of the friendships boats on google and somewhere said they don't start running until 8:30 AM so that would probably be too late for an early breakfast reservation as it seems also, that both Epcot and Hollywood both open at 9AM on the day in question I want to make the earlier breakfast reservation.

However, your idea of taking my resort bus to Hollywood Studios and then using their walkway to to access the Epcot resorts sound great! I take it you can access this walkway at Hollywood Studios without it actually being open? It's outside the entrance?
Yes, outside the gate. You exit the buses, you would head left to go to the DHS front gate(you would also go this direction from the buses, but then turn right toward the dock before the main gate IF you were taking the boats). But for the walkway, when you get off the bus, I stead of heading left toward DHS, you would go right, directly off the buses. The walkway is right along the water, and it should be nice and "cool" that early in the morning.
I am attempting to attach a screenshot of the map from the WDW app. This is my first time ever uploading a file to the DISboards, so hopefully it works.Screenshot_20190606-205842_Disney World.jpg

Yes, outside the gate. You exit the buses, you would head left to go to the DHS front gate(you would also go this direction from the buses, but then turn right toward the dock before the main gate IF you were taking the boats). But for the walkway, when you get off the bus, I stead of heading left toward DHS, you would go right, directly off the buses. The walkway is right along the water, and it should be nice and "cool" that early in the morning.
I am attempting to attach a screenshot of the map from the WDW app. This is my first time ever uploading a file to the DISboards, so hopefully it works.View attachment 406893

Thank you SO much! You are the best, kpd6901! I am totally going to use this method. And I LOVE to walk, so I am actually looking foreward to it, too.

I al

I also have not personally taken 5his walkway, so I would try to get an answer for roughly how long of a walk it is, so you can plan accordingly. It's fairly lengthy, but obviously not toooo long, otherwise, why would it be there.

My questions are, which value resort are you staying at and when are you going? Those could vastly change your route options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!