Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Hi everyone! I'll be at Disney the first week in March. My sister and I are taking her two kids (3 and 1) for the first time and we're staying at All-Star Movies. We have three breakfast reservations...CRT at 8:20am, Garden Grill at 8:05am, and Kona at 8:50. I have SO MUCH ANXIETY about getting there on time for each reservation! Does anyone have any advice?

Also, to get to Kona from ASMo, we would take the bus to the TTC and get on the resort monorail, correct? How would we get to Disney Springs from there? Could we go back to the TTC and take a bus to POR and then take a water-taxi?

Hi everyone! I'll be at Disney the first week in March. My sister and I are taking her two kids (3 and 1) for the first time and we're staying at All-Star Movies. We have three breakfast reservations...CRT at 8:20am, Garden Grill at 8:05am, and Kona at 8:50. I have SO MUCH ANXIETY about getting there on time for each reservation! Does anyone have any advice?

Also, to get to Kona from ASMo, we would take the bus to the TTC and get on the resort monorail, correct? How would we get to Disney Springs from there? Could we go back to the TTC and take a bus to POR and then take a water-taxi?
You don’t take buses to (or from) the TTC. For Kona, you’d take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then transfer to the resort monorail. The Poly will be the third stop. Be sure to ask your bus driver how to get there (even though I just told you) and he might offer to drop you off.

After 4pm, there are buses from the parks to Disney Springs. Earlier than that, you’ll have to transfer at a resort.

Hi All,
We have an ADR for Trattoria al Forno for the BV breakfast, we are staying at BLT, What is the best way to get there? We have only been to WDW once and to be honest I had no idea the Boardwalk existed until I made our reservations

Ok, take a deep breath!! The buses start running around 6:30 every day. So, to get to CRT for 8:20, be at the bus stop by 7am. Yes, that seems early, but these early buses don't run as often as the regular buses do. Take the MK bus. For GG, at bus stop around 6:30ish, bus to Epcot, walk through to GG. Kona, bus to MK by 8:00, then take the boat or monorail to the Polynesian.
To get to Disney Springs, I'm not sure where you're starting from. If it's Kona, you can get a bus right from the Polynesian. If you want to take the water route, then return to MK (boat or monorail) and take the bus to POR. Then you can hop on the boat.

Hi All
We have an ADR for Trattoria al Forno for the BV breakfast, we are staying at BLT, What is the best way to get there? We have only been to WDW once and to be honest I had no idea the Boardwalk existed until I made our reservations
Depends on the time of your ADR. You could take the bus to DHS and then walk over to BW. If the ADR is a bit later, then you can walk over to MK and take the BW bus from there.

To each poster...remember, Uber/Lyft is always an option. It's not very expensive and usually pretty prompt. If you use this method, figure on 30 mins to get from your resort to each ADR, perhaps a bit less.

What is the best way to get from Magic Kingdom to Disney Springs? I'll likely be leaving MK around 11:30.

My two thoughts were to head to an MK area resort and then bus to Disney Springs OR bus to Saratoga Springs and then boat/walk. Thoughts? I'll be taking the boat back to my resort (POFQ), but wanted to go as directly to DS as possible that morning.

What is the best way to get from Magic Kingdom to Disney Springs? I'll likely be leaving MK around 11:30.

My two thoughts were to head to an MK area resort and then bus to Disney Springs OR bus to Saratoga Springs and then boat/walk. Thoughts? I'll be taking the boat back to my resort (POFQ), but wanted to go as directly to DS as possible that morning.
I would recommend walking to the Contemporary or taking the Resort monorail to the Contemporary and then taking a bus to DS from there.

We are attending a dance competition in July that occurs at the Dolphin, we are staying at the Grand Floridian.

What is the best way for us to get to the Dolphin each day?

Thank you!

We are attending a dance competition in July that occurs at the Dolphin, we are staying at the Grand Floridian.

What is the best way for us to get to the Dolphin each day?

Thank you!
Several choices....
1. uber
2. bus to DHS and boat (or walk) to the Dolphin
3. monorail to MK, bus to the Dolphin

It depends on the time of day you want to get there. If it's early morning, I would opt for Uber. If it's later in the day, I would go to MK and take the bus to the Dolphin from there.

Good Morning all, newish to these places I have only been to the world once way back in 2007 and stayed at POP. This time we are staying at AKL
1. We have EMM at MK and have to check in by 7:45 so would like to be there by 7:15 so would it be advisable to Uber to Contemporary hotel and walk or would a bus get me there in time?
2. Also have EMM at HS with a check in at 7:00 do buses run that early or would Uber be better.
We will not have a car.

TIA

Good Morning! I have some timing questions for you experts...

We are in a one bedroom at BLT.

- how long is the walk from BLT to MK gates?
- how long will it take to get from BLT to Epcot for Rope drop? For a PPO ADR? (I realise it depends if you just miss a train, etc. but to to get the resort monorail, get to TTC, get on the Epcot monorail, arrive - how long does all that take on average?)
- how long will it take to bus to DHS from BLT at Rope Drop? For a PPO ADR?
- how long will bus be to AK from BLT?

Thank you so much!!!!

Hi there, looking for a little info!

We will be catching a Braves Spring Training Game on our upcoming trip. From my quick research, I see that busses run from a few select resorts to the complex, but what I can't find is information about return busses. Is it that they only return to the same resorts?

TIA

Good Morning all, newish to these places I have only been to the world once way back in 2007 and stayed at POP. This time we are staying at AKL
1. We have EMM at MK and have to check in by 7:45 so would like to be there by 7:15 so would it be advisable to Uber to Contemporary hotel and walk or would a bus get me there in time?
2. Also have EMM at HS with a check in at 7:00 do buses run that early or would Uber be better.
We will not have a car.

TIA
1. Buses start running by 6:30. I'm not sure why you need to get there for 7:15 if checkin is at 7:45 though. But, if that's the time you want, I would be at the MK bus stop at 6:30.
2. For 7:00 checkin, you might be better off with Uber. Getting on the first HS bus might get you there for 7 but why take the chance of missing it.

Good Morning! I have some timing questions for you experts...

We are in a one bedroom at BLT.

- how long is the walk from BLT to MK gates?
- how long will it take to get from BLT to Epcot for Rope drop? For a PPO ADR? (I realise it depends if you just miss a train, etc. but to to get the resort monorail, get to TTC, get on the Epcot monorail, arrive - how long does all that take on average?)
- how long will it take to bus to DHS from BLT at Rope Drop? For a PPO ADR?
- how long will bus be to AK from BLT?

Thank you so much!!!!
1. under 10 mins.
2. I would plan on an hour.
3. Since you'll be taking a bus, figure on 45 mins, maybe a bit longer.
4. Many variables...how long do you have to wait for bus, for instance. If you get right on a bus, then about 15 mins. IF you have to wait for the bus, then add that wait time.

I usually figure on an hour from point A to point B at WDW, unless it's a direct shot....resort directly to a park, with no transfers. But, even then, it can still take an hour.

Thank you so much. I am pondering the 7:15 arrival. I will most likely just do the reg. check in
I guess it depends if you want to be at the very front of the 7:45 crowd or are you okay further back? Personally for a 7:45 EMM event that I am paying for, I would want to maximize my time. If you're thinking 7:15 to get off the bus I think you're making a good choice as it will take a few minutes to walk from the bus to security, go through security, go through the tapstiles and then make your way over to the line forming to enter the park at 7:45.

Im confused about which boats go where. How would I get to the swan from the beach club?
Walk to the Yacht Club dock and board the boat to DHS. It's only a 5-minute ride, but you may wait 15 minutes for a boat.

You can also walk between the resorts. About half a mile.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!