Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

We are planning a trip in late June where we will spend a morning at HS then park hop to MK around 3:00. I saw on this forum that there are buses between all the parks, but we have never used the bus between parks. I don't know if they stop at other places or anything like that.

I am wondering if the HS to MK bus would be our best option. We are staying at the Swan. Would it be faster to take the boat (or walk) back the Swan then catch the bus to MK or just take the bus directly from HS to MK? I want to minimize our travel time as much as possible since this is a short 3 day trip!

Thanks to everyone who helps out answering transportation questions!

Mary

We are planning a trip in late June where we will spend a morning at HS then park hop to MK around 3:00. I saw on this forum that there are buses between all the parks, but we have never used the bus between parks. I don't know if they stop at other places or anything like that.

I am wondering if the HS to MK bus would be our best option. We are staying at the Swan. Would it be faster to take the boat (or walk) back the Swan then catch the bus to MK or just take the bus directly from HS to MK? I want to minimize our travel time as much as possible since this is a short 3 day trip!

Thanks to everyone who helps out answering transportation questions!

Mary
The buses between parks are direct.

The direct bus is the fastest option.

I do apologize if this has been asked but it’s a whole lot of pages to go through!!! We have a 9 am reservation at Boardwalk and are staying at Coronado Springs. Our trip is starting at AKL and I am going to request they unlock the Minnie Van option for us while we are there. How hard are Minnie Vans to get at that time of the morning? Alternately, how hard is it to get an Uber or Lyft with a booster seat? We have a 4 yr old who will need one!

I do apologize if this has been asked but it’s a whole lot of pages to go through!!! We have a 9 am reservation at Boardwalk and are staying at Coronado Springs. Our trip is starting at AKL and I am going to request they unlock the Minnie Van option for us while we are there. How hard are Minnie Vans to get at that time of the morning? Alternately, how hard is it to get an Uber or Lyft with a booster seat? We have a 4 yr old who will need one!
I can't answer your questions, but be aware that Lyft does not offer any type of child restraint; while Uber offers a forward-facing car seat, but not a booster seat. IIRC, Uber's car seats are suitable for children up to 60 lbs. Another option is to buy an inflatable or foldable booster (such as Bubble Bum), and bring it on your trip.

You could take a bus to Hollywood Studios and walk to the Boardwalk from there.

Quickest would be via Uber. That way you could leave the CR around 7:30ish. If you use the monorail, you should leave by 7. Where are you eating at??

Is a bus an option from a monorail resort (Poly) at 7:00am or just monorail or Uber?

Thanks!

Is a bus an option from a monorail resort (Poly) at 7:00am or just monorail or Uber?

Thanks!
Buses will run, from the Polynesian, to DHS and DAK. You would take the monorail or boat to MK, and the monorail to Epcot. It depends where you're going and what time you need to be there as to what would work best. If you have an early morning ADR at MK, then you will have only the monorail or boat. I guess you could uber over to the CR and then walk to MK, but that seems a bit silly. To get to an early ADR at Epcot, I might be very tempted to use Uber...it would be faster. If you used the monorail, it would take up to 15 mins to walk over to the TTC from your room, then up to the Epcot line and wait..up to 15 mins. Then a 15 min ride to Epcot. You could get lucky and have it take you less time than that.

Buses will run, from the Polynesian, to DHS and DAK. You would take the monorail or boat to MK, and the monorail to Epcot. It depends where you're going and what time you need to be there as to what would work best. If you have an early morning ADR at MK, then you will have only the monorail or boat. I guess you could uber over to the CR and then walk to MK, but that seems a bit silly. To get to an early ADR at Epcot, I might be very tempted to use Uber...it would be faster. If you used the monorail, it would take up to 15 mins to walk over to the TTC from your room, then up to the Epcot line and wait..up to 15 mins. Then a 15 min ride to Epcot. You could get lucky and have it take you less time than that.

Oops! Including the destination would be useful information - sorry!

We have an 8:05 PPO ADR for Garden Grill. We are a party of 5 staying at the Poly.

It seems that relying on the monorail as transport will be cutting the timing close. We had hoped not to drive as we want to enjoy some adult beverages later in the day.

Oops! Including the destination would be useful information - sorry!

We have an 8:05 PPO ADR for Garden Grill. We are a party of 5 staying at the Poly.

It seems that relying on the monorail as transport will be cutting the timing close. We had hoped not to drive as we want to enjoy some adult beverages later in the day.
Ahh, okay. If it were me, and I was using Disney transportation, I would be very tempted to take an early DHS bus from the Polynesian. For an 8:00 ADR, I would want to be at the bus stop around 6:45. That should get you to DHS by 7:20ish. Then walk to Epcot (takes about 15-20 mins depending on paced) or take a boat if they're running but they take 25 mins. You'll be at the back door aka International Gateway. Enter there, and walk to the GG for breakfast.
Or, take an uber/lyft to Epcot, front of park. You could leave the Polynesian around 7:20ish and be ontime.

Still exploring my options:

Any one have experience catching the first monorail of the day?

Does the first monorail to Epcot head out of the TTC at 7:30?

Will there be a long line?

Can we queue up at the TTC, say 7:15, to make sure we are on the first monorail out?

We are planning a 2 week stay at all star movies in oct/nov with possibly no car. So solely using Disney buses. I saw on here that buses start at 6:30am daily. Is this true? Is it absolutely and completely possible to get to the parks an hour before park opening and emh with Disney buses? I read a lot of complaints about the buses, especially at value resorts but we really want to stay on the cheap if we can help it. Is it possible to do a good disney trip with WDW buses only? Also do the buses run frequestly from the parks back to the resorts...in case we want to take a break and a nap for an hour or 2?

The direct buses from park to park....is it a pass thru all the parks and make their way around or are there designated buses....like mk to ep, or mk to ak, etc?

We are planning a 2 week stay at all star movies in oct/nov with possibly no car. So solely using Disney buses. I saw on here that buses start at 6:30am daily.
1. Is this true?

2. Is it absolutely and completely possible to get to the parks an hour before park opening and emh with Disney buses?

I read a lot of complaints about the buses, especially at value resorts but we really want to stay on the cheap if we can help it.

3. Is it possible to do a good disney trip with WDW buses only?

4. Also do the buses run frequestly from the parks back to the resorts...in case we want to take a break and a nap for an hour or 2?

5. The direct buses from park to park....is it a pass thru all the parks and make their way around or are there designated buses....like mk to ep, or mk to ak, etc?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. About every 20 minutes.

5. It's designated buses, but there isn't one between MK and EP - you take the monorail for that one. There's also a boat between EP and DHS, or you can walk.

Bus frequency is somewhat related to demand. While buses start running at 6:30 or even earlier, they are much less frequent. If you miss a bus at 6:30, the next one might not arrive until 7:15.

I will be in AK one day from 8a-11a. Would I be able to take a bus from AK to Disney Springs for a lunch ADR?

Thank you! What would be the best way to get there? A bus to a resort or a Minnie van. Do folks have luck getting a Minnie van when they need one from AK?

As much as I prefer doing something for free rather than paying, in this case I would choose the Minnie van (or save money and go with a taxi, Uber or Lyft). I couldn't tell you though how easy or hard it might be to get a Minnie van.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts