Official Gaia Game Thread List, Guide & Q&A (Pics post 48, Update post 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
woot! welcome!! I only have an answer to one of your questions, but others should be able to help for the rest! I have not done many quests, but if you go to tektek.org they have all the answers to the current quests!! hope this helps!

All the quests are so simple...it really isn't much thought involved to many of them. :)

All the quests are so simple...it really isn't much thought involved to many of them. :)

she was asking what is ahead in the quest, and they have the whole list there... but you are right, in that they are VERY easy to complete!

she was asking what is ahead in the quest, and they have the whole list there... but you are right, in that they are VERY easy to complete!

Thanks, yes I know what she was asking. :) I can't remember exactly, so I didn't say. :hug:

Glad to hear quests are easy! Can anyone help me with my other questions? Sorry to keep bugging everyone--just trying to figure this all out.

I see that you can make it dark in your house when decorating it, but does it ever actually get dark in there otherwise? I have been in my house at night and it doesn't look any different.
I would like to know that too since I am wondering the same thing >_<

Wow! I wasn't even sure I'd like Gaia before I signed up and now after only 1 day I'm already addicted! Of course I made the mistake of looking at all the cool stuff in the shops last night and now I'm all about getting the gold because I want stuff! I've been shaking trees/bushes, playing games, and posting in the bump threads. (Thanks to the VMK Guild for that tip.) So I am wondering, all that trash, the bugs, and flowers--can any of that be sold for gold or only used for exchanges? And can you have a flower bouquet made to put in your home or are those only for carrying?

You can sell pretty much anything in the marketplace. It does take 500 gold so that you can trade/buy/sell there. But I think it's worth it in the long run.
The flower bouquets cost gold to get made. But when you get them made, you can place them in the house inventory to place in your house. They just lay down.

I think I'm going to give this a try sometime today. I've created an account and logged in but I don't think I have a house yet. Is there another DIS/VMK neighborhood organizing anytime soon?

To make your house dark and just keep lamps on: Hover mouse over MY GAIA -> Click on HOUSE -> Click on DESIGN MY HOME -> Move over items from the left side to the right side into your home inventory -> Click on DESIGN MY HOME (on top of the box that has a roof shape) -> After Gaia Homes loads, you will be in your editing mode. Click VIEW on upper left -> Then click the circle-shaped yellow sun in the upper right-hand corner. This will turn your house lights off. Now you can click on any lamps you have in the room to turn them on and then off if you choose. Save your home after you're done. :) (Info added to Guide)

I think I'm going to give this a try sometime today. I've created an account and logged in but I don't think I have a house yet. Is there another DIS/VMK neighborhood organizing anytime soon?

Hi Pete, hugs. I would suggest joining the VMK Refugee Guild at Gaia -- they've started keeping a list for the next move: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=77695

To make your house dark and just keep lamps on: Hover mouse over MY GAIA -> Click on HOUSE -> Click on DESIGN MY HOME -> Move over items from the left side to the right side into your home inventory -> Click on DESIGN MY HOME (on top of the box that has a roof shape) -> After Gaia Homes loads, you will be in your editing mode. Click VIEW on upper left -> Then click the circle-shaped yellow sun in the upper right-hand corner. This will turn your house lights off. Now you can click on any lamps you have in the room to turn them on and then off if you choose. Save your home after you're done. :) (Info added to Guide)

Thanks, I never looked at the button View :rotfl2:

I'll have to check that out when I get home. :) Never noticed that.

Yeah, it looks pretty cool with just the lamps on, but I'm glad to know I don't need the lamps. There are too many cool costumes I'd rather buy first!! My wishlist just keeps on growing!

Can you change your face features? Like eyes and mouth and stuff. Cuz I'm getting bored of my face, lol.

Can you change your face features? Like eyes and mouth and stuff. Cuz I'm getting bored of my face, lol.

You can change your mouth size and expression, but you can't change your eyes/color, or skin color unless you delete your avatar and start again. Deleting your avatar lets you choose your features over again, while keeping all your items in your inventory. :)

You can change your mouth size and expression, but you can't change your eyes/color, or skin color unless you delete your avatar and start again. Deleting your avatar lets you choose your features over again, while keeping all your items in your inventory. :)

Does that mean you lose your hair, probably does, but jw ;)

You will lose any hair that you've purchased, and will only have the original hairstyles to choose from. :)

That stinks.

You know. People were saying how out dated VMK was becoming. Baloney. They never played Gaia. At least in VMK we could actually sit on the furniture, walk without looking like we're all wearing skirts, dance, and change how we look all the time. Also we could decorate our rooms without having to leave them and change our clothes at almost any given moment without leaving the room we're in.

In many ways, VMK was a lot more advanced than Gaia. Unfortunately (or fortunately which ever way you look at it), those that run Gaia can promote it better than Disney wanted to promote VMK. They also know how to make money off of it and keep it running which Disney never wanted to do with VMK. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!