**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

Nothing official, but I think I may book for the last week of February (25th to March 3rd). Has anyone been during that week before? Can anyone tell me how the crowds are? I'm reading conflicting reports.

Nothing official, but I think I may book for the last week of February (25th to March 3rd). Has anyone been during that week before? Can anyone tell me how the crowds are? I'm reading conflicting reports.
I went that week (well, Feb 27-29) a couple years ago. The only heavy crowd day we experienced was oddly on February 29th (leap day) at Animal Kingdom. All of the other days had nice crowd levels.

hey! I'm running the Princess Half and the BF and I are currently booked at POFQ for Thursday 22nd - March 1st. That might change pending a) what days the BF gets off of work or b) if a good deal shows up for a different hotel in a month or so. :teeth: But you can put me down for that for now!

I totally forgot my ADR date lol and brought shame to my DIS upbringing. Still managed to get the following, * means new to us!

Morimoto's Asia*
Tiffins*
Sci-Fi Diner
Hollywood Brown Derby
Be Our Guest

Probably also going to do a day at Universal too since I've never been.

That's all I've got for now!

Updated to this post :hippie: Sorry it took so long!

So our ADRs rolled around and I was able to get what we wanted! Including: Tusker at 8:05am (pre park opening! :yay:) and Crystal Palace at 5:20pm

If there are more than 2 days in February (at the beginning or end of the month), I think it counts :) May I ask which resort?

Sorry it's taken a while to reply! My laptop was in for repairs and debugging for almost 2 weeks. Just got it back to day, Yea:)
We are staying at POR. We love the tropical setting in the AB section vs the more formal mansions. It just seems to fit our vacationing style. We have also stayed at Coronado Springs, and it is a lovely tropical type of resort, but too big for us.

We're officially booked for Feb 24-March 3rd! Staying at POR, but that could change when discounts come out ...depending on what is available. It will be DH's and the kid's first trip to WDW!

I'll be coming with my son and grandson (2 years old) February 10-18 and staying at Pop Century. Got all my ADRs except ROL Dining which probably won't be available until December or January. If we don't get that I've got Breakfast at Tusker for 8:10 and I'll try for a FP. My son will spend one day at Universal while I babysit. Planning is all falling together.

Just book our February 25th to March 4th Birthday celebration trip! Me and DD, and our first stay at AKL! So excited! Praying for some discounts to come out for this period.

We went that same time period this year and are actually going back around the same time next year. This year we went from Feb 28- March 7. Overall, the crowds weren't too bad until we went to Magic Kingdom on Friday. I believe there was a dance competition going on and they were all over the place that day.

It looks like they are going to be there the same time period next year, but we really don't mind. We are going Feb 27-March 4 next year with our niece. The weather was much warmer than we expected for end of February.

We went that same time period this year and are actually going back around the same time next year. This year we went from Feb 28- March 7. Overall, the crowds weren't too bad until we went to Magic Kingdom on Friday. I believe there was a dance competition going on and they were all over the place that day.

It looks like they are going to be there the same time period next year, but we really don't mind. We are going Feb 27-March 4 next year with our niece. The weather was much warmer than we expected for end of February.
We will see you there maybe!
How did you find out about the dance competition being there?

We will see you there maybe!
How did you find out about the dance competition being there?

I actually had to look for a long time to find it! I originally thought it was cheer leading, but I couldn't find matching dates anywhere. Then my husband mentioned that he thought it was for dance so I searched and found "Contest of Champions" which is a dance competition. It wasn't overly busy, but you could definitely tell from the big groups of people. It tended to congest the walkways.

Another thing, we were staying at Riverside and we had to wait for 3 buses! This was to leave the park, but it was because of the dance group. We didn't think they would be staying at a Moderate resort, but I guess that particular team decided to.

We are staying at POP Century February 27-March 4 and it says Contest of Champions will be there March 2-4. Will POP be overly crowded? I don't want to have to change my hotel because of this, but I might consider it after hearing everyone's thoughts.

It looks like the week we'll be at Disney, February 10-18, 2018 will be a bad week for Magic Kingdom. Not only will they have a private event on February 12 and close the park early (6:00 pm), they are also having a "Disney After Hours" ticketed event on February 15 the same week which means Magic Kingdom will be closed early two nights that week. I already re-did my ADRs for February 12 at BOG and CRT to allow for the early closure. Just as well I didn't move them to February 15 which would be impossible to replace at this date.

We are thinking about doing Disney After Hours on March 1. I'm just a little worried if it rains because it's non-refundable. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? We have been at that time two years in a row and it didn't rain either time.

Updated to this Post :rolleyes1

I also included the link to the travel agent feb 2018 park hours and any closures/refurbishments

Yesterday was ADR day!

We have:

Crystal Palace (b)
Cinderella's Royal Table (b)
Be Our Guest (d)
Rose & Crown (d)
Trattoria al Forno (b)

Love your reservations :love:

I totally forgot my ADR date lol and brought shame to my DIS upbringing. Still managed to get the following, * means new to us!

Morimoto's Asia*
Tiffins*
Sci-Fi Diner
Hollywood Brown Derby
Be Our Guest

Probably also going to do a day at Universal too since I've never been.

That's all I've got for now!

Oh! We were looking at Morimoto's and Tiffins as well (but decided not to). Nice choices! :thumbsup2

We are thinking about doing Disney After Hours on March 1. I'm just a little worried if it rains because it's non-refundable. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? We have been at that time two years in a row and it didn't rain either time.
I'm sure you can always inquire, since that can happen with MNSSHP and MVMCP

We were originally booked Feb 13-20 @blt but we switched to the Poly. Super excited to try this resort. It's new to us

I have not been on March 1, but I've been during the first half of February in 4 of the last 6 years. In that time, I've seen very little rain, and the one year I saw anything significant, it was an off and on drippiness over a couple of days.

The year I went during the 3rd week of April, I got caught in a deluge at AK. I never saw anything remotely like that in February. I expect March 1 is probably closer to February than April as far as rain.

I have not been on March 1, but I've been during the first half of February in 4 of the last 6 years. In that time, I've seen very little rain, and the one year I saw anything significant, it was an off and on drippiness over a couple of days.

The year I went during the 3rd week of April, I got caught in a deluge at AK. I never saw anything remotely like that in February. I expect March 1 is probably closer to February than April as far as rain.

Okay thanks! We went the first week of March this year and last year we went the second week of March. Both times we saw no rain so I'm not expecting a lot of rain, if any. I'm pretty sure we are going to end up doing DAH.

Joining in! DH and I going for a quick 3 night trip for our anniversary 2/26-3/1. Staying at Boardwalk. We wanted to try Victoria & Albert's but it seems that there is no availability for any of our nights. :( I'm not that upset--I feel very luck to be going back for a bonus trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!