**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

My family (DW, DD7, DD4, and my mother) are booked in a Finding Nemo Suite at AOA for February 13th - 19th! First trip for my youngest DD and extending the celebration of my DW's 40th Birthday on 2/10/18

Yea! We'll be there for Mardi Gras too. How cold was it when ya'll went about this time before?
We went during that week last year. It wasn't too cold. Maybe coldest it got was high 40s but was in the 70s by midday. Layering up should be enough (with sweaters, nothing too crazy).

We went during that week last year. It wasn't too cold. Maybe coldest it got was high 40s but was in the 70s by midday. Layering up should be enough (with sweaters, nothing too crazy).

Thanks! definitely will be layering!

Went for the first time ever December 2010

27 degrees at 7 pm 1st night we were there and never got over 60 the entire trip

Would take cold over heat any day however

Updated to this post :)

I have been officially registered for the Princess 10k :goodvibes Since I'm fundraising for a charity, we have to wait to officially register until we raise a certain amount. I finally raised the amount about a week ago! :cool1:

I have about $230 left to raise until I hit my minimum goal :cheer2: Wish me luck!!

Anyone surprised that hours haven't been released yet? 180 ADR's for us begin in 3 week, without the hours it's pretty stressful to figure out a plan...

Anyone surprised that hours haven't been released yet? 180 ADR's for us begin in 3 week, without the hours it's pretty stressful to figure out a plan...
Really? Eew, I haven't even checked cause I've been busy with my other trip :scared:

The hours should be out early next month. Disney usually only releases the schedule 6 months out. Not good for anyone going very early in the month.

I am booked at BLT for 2/23 through 3/3 for the Fairytale Challenge! Second year doing the runs, but first time ever at BLT so I am super excited. Also, impatiently waiting for park hours to figure out dining!

Whelp, we're official now! Plus we're doing our first split stay. Feb 4-8 at All Star Movies then moving over 8-10 at Port Orleans Riverside. Wanted to wait to check out bounce back/AP rates but with ADR dates coming up soon we bit the bullet to get the ADRs. See what happens if a better rate/resort comes along.

Saw the a Pirate named Kenny has park hours and crowd calendars out for Feb.

Hi! Please add me. DH, DD7, DD2 (almost 3 then), and myself are going 2/3/18-2/9/18 and staying at the Poly to celebrate my 40th Birthday on the 5th! I have been telling DH for about 10 years I wanted to stay at the Poly for my 40th and he is delivering :):):):) Looking forward to the planning almost as much as the trip!

I ended up booking January 27 to February 3, so I guess I need to move to the January 2018 thread

My ADR day is August 11th so I've been starting to make some tentative plans.

I think our table service meals will be:

- Sci Fi
- Tusker House lunch
- Garden Grill breakfast
- Coral Reef
- T-Rex
- Crystal Palace breakfast

Where is everyone planning to eat?

- Sci Fi
- Tusker House lunch
- Garden Grill breakfast
- Coral Reef
- T-Rex

My ADR date is 8/7. The things I'm going for on that day are:
PPO breakfast at Tusker House (I've done this before)
Lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe (haven't been there since 2004)
Dinner at California Grill (first time!)
Dinner at Via Napoli (my annual "Pizza Night at Via Napoli" - my WDW trip is not complete without it)

I will book some other things, like my Wave breakfast and a meal at Hollywood Brown Derby, closer to the trip, probably after I have my FPs booked.

I love ADR day.

Fairytale Challenge! Second year doing the runs, but first time ever at BLT so I am super excited. Also, impatiently waiting for park hours to figure out dining!
How was the event? This is my first year doing it and I have no idea when it's best to go to the parks or when to eat/etc. Do you have any advice on that?
I'll be starting training next month and I'm doing the Princess 10k :)

- Sci Fi
- Tusker House lunch
- Garden Grill breakfast
- Coral Reef
- T-Rex

Oh, Garden Grill and CP Breakfasts are DELICIOUS! Those are also my top picks for Breakfasts :)
Let us know how it goes on the 11th :D
We don't have anything figured out yet for ADRs, we're still figuring out how many days are tickets will be lol Our ADR day is the 25th though, so I have a bit more time to figure it out. Normally I have an idea by now but we had a person possibly going or not.

My ADR date is 8/7. The things I'm going for on that day are:
PPO breakfast at Tusker House (I've done this before)
Lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe (haven't been there since 2004)
Dinner at California Grill (first time!)
Dinner at Via Napoli (my annual "Pizza Night at Via Napoli" - my WDW trip is not complete without it)

I will book some other things, like my Wave breakfast and a meal at Hollywood Brown Derby, closer to the trip, probably after I have my FPs booked.

I love ADR day.

Ooooh, I love your PPO Tusker! I haven't done any of your planned ADRs actually. I'd really like to try the California Grill Brunch someday though :)

How was the event? This is my first year doing it and I have no idea when it's best to go to the parks or when to eat/etc. Do you have any advice on that?
I'll be starting training next month and I'm doing the Princess 10k :)

It is so much fun! Last year I did all three runs, but decided to only do the 10k and half this year. My biggest struggle was waking up early each morning! I went to the parks every day after the runs, but took it easy and didn't rush to get there by a certain time. After each one I went back to our room, ate breakfast, showered, laid around for a little bit and then would head to the parks. My main advice would be to go to sleep early the night before the run, wear comfortable shoes around the parks, make sure you stay hydrated, and get on the earliest bus you can in the mornings. There will be lots of standing around waiting for the run to start, but I prefer to sit and wait that to be rushed arriving at the last minute. If you have any other questions, just let me know! You'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter