Official February 2018 Rental Car Thread

ashleyrm

DIS Veteran
Looked around and didn't see a Feb 2018 car rental thread. I booked for Princess weekend (2/22 - 2/26) this morning. Pretty high right now, but better than anything I can find for January.

Dollar Full Size City Special:

Rental Time: 1 Week at $142.43 per week.
Unlimited mileage.
Rate Code: RHW55
Total Base Rate: $142.43 USD
Unlimited Miles
Cust Facility Chrg ($2.50 Per Day) $12.50
Concession Fee Rec (10%) $14.93
Florida Surcharge ($2.02 Per Day) $10.10
State Tax (6.5%) $12.15
Energy Surcharge ($1.49) $1.49
Vehicle License Fee (3.8%) $5.41
Total Est. Mandatory Charges $56.58
Approx. Total $199.01

I'm watching, too. Need minivan or full size SUV for 2/3-2/12 out of MCO. Costco shows $677- $855. Not sure if that's high?

I'm watching, too. Need minivan or full size SUV for 2/3-2/12 out of MCO. Costco shows $677- $855. Not sure if that's high?
We managed to get an 10 day rental on a minivan for 225$ at the end of January. For our November trip I can't find it lower than 720 or so.

Yay! Thanks for starting the thread. I booked Alamo via Costco a few weeks back for Princess Half. 2/22-2/27 for $235. I'm still watching though. I know we can get lower.

A few days ago I was able to book a minivan for 2/3-2/12 from Costco Alamo. Pickup and dropoff at MCO. $557.

We managed to get an 10 day rental on a minivan for 225$ at the end of January. For our November trip I can't find it lower than 720 or so.

$225 for 10 days on a minivan?! That's fantastic. Was that through Costco? I'll keep stalking the web to see if I can get a better price than what I already booked.

It was through Alamo directly but with the Costco code. I refuse to buy a minivan in real life but I must confess....I really liked the convenience of it on vacation.:drive:

It was through Alamo directly but with the Costco code. I refuse to buy a minivan in real life but I must confess....I really liked the convenience of it on vacation.:drive:

LOL! We must be twins. Whenever we rent a minivan, we love the space and all the cool gadgets but when my hubby brings up the subject of purchasing one, I immediately say, "Nope! Not for me!"

Thank you for starting this thread! We will need a 2-week rental (Feb 2-16) and am now considering a minivan based on these comments. We will have 2 vehicles there as we are traveling with others, but it would be fabulous to have one that can accommodate all of us for reduced parking, etc.

Just went through AAA mini van for 2/16-2/25 , $451.08
Has anyone found anything cheaper? We don't have a Costco in Maine.

At the risk of digging up something old, I traveled in 2016 and really got into watching for all the discounts and ended up with a great deal. There is a code that was used then (Vegas Brazil) that ended up saving us a ton of money.

Here's the thread that discussed it, pros and cons at length, etc: http://www.disboards.com/threads/does-anyone-know-about-vegas-brazil-llc-alamo-discount.3353157/
And the Code: 7016427

Right now, I have been able to get a minivan for 2 weeks (Feb 2-16) for $489.94 using this code. I used it in 2016 with no issue, but will likely re-read some of the discussion to find out about more recent experiences.

So for now, I am booking it, but may cancel and re-book elsewhere. Also not clear if it includes 2 drivers, we would want that this time, so still work to be done!

I just booked a full size with Alamo Insider for 2/15 to 2/28 13 days. $475.43. I used no codes or coupons.
I'll keep watching as it gets closer.
Tried 7016427 and it was not available to use. Costco and Visit Orlando were the same price $475.43..

Do you mind posting the code you used for Visit Orlando? I am still nervous about the Vegas code, but for a savings of $400, think I will likely risk it...

Thanks for posting! Still too high, so think I am going to stick with Vegas unless something changes in the next few months. From what I have read, I think the offer is only available for non-US residents, others get an error message. I am in Canada, so it seems to work for me

Unfortunately, the visit Orlando code didn't lower my rate. Will keep watching here in case something pops up I'm unaware of.

I just reserved a minivan for Alamo thru Costco for 2/3-2/12 for $509. It was $558 with a $20 costco cash card previously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts