Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too would like the answer to as how many layers. There will be 4 of us, but, I really don't want a big cake. I can't eat it, but, the 3 girls can. Just how many does a 6" cake serve? Thanks

I have seen 2 mary poppins cakes in the gallery and I like aspects of both, the carousel of this one http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33012246&postcount=70 and the bottom of this http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37506921&postcount=233

We are having dinner at Chef Mickeys so Contemporary bakery. I am a nanny and it will be myself, V (the little girl I nanny) and her parents who are picking us up after a week in the world. I want to get a Mary Poppins custom cake. It seems fitting since V LOVES Mary Poppins, and I am her nanny. We are celebrating V's birthday this week, her real birthday is in May, but this is a surprise trip to disney the first week of July and because I am taking her to Disney I am not doing anything for her birthday in May. I am doing something at 1900 Park Fare earlier in the week. A mini cake or a 6 inch cinderella cake for her birthday - I haven't decided yet. I would also like to thank my bosses for 4 wonderful years working for them. I am a little torn for this Mary Poppins cake if it will be a happy birthday cake to V and a Thank my bosses cake or just a thank my bosses cake. :confused3

In terms of thanking my bosses, I was thinking of a banner on the cake that reads Thanks for 4 supercalafragilistic years! or Thanks for 4 practically perfect years (Any other suggestions?)

Aside from that, I have looked on google, cake central and dis and flickr and I just can't really find many other mary poppins cakes, or really any that have aspects I like so just wondering if anyone has any design suggestions. It would be appreceated. We aren't going until July so plenty of time.

thanks
Erin

Does anyone know how much the delivery charges are? I am thinking about making a reservation at The Wave or Whispering Canyon Cafe so I can get a cake from CR, but I was wondering how much the delivery charge would be for Wilderness Lodge. Thanks :)

I too would like the answer to as how many layers. There will be 4 of us, but, I really don't want a big cake. I can't eat it, but, the 3 girls can. Just how many does a 6" cake serve? Thanks
Hi Marilyn, I ordered a 6 inch cake for our 23rd anniversary at California Grill in 2010 because I figured it would be small enough for 3 of us. Well it was small... around but four layers high. Really good...but we ate it all week.:lmao:Check on those layers when you order. Seems to be different versions of small.:goodvibes
100_1699.jpg
100_1704.jpg

A few questions: We will be dining at the Flying Fish Cafe in appro. 26 days. My dd will be turning 7 on our trip and would like a jungle theme cake, I found a good starting point from a photo on this thread. Now to the questions: Will the cake be made at FF or the BW bakery? Who do I contact? I would like to get the ball going to allow time for an exchange of options and ideas. Any help is most greatly appreciated.

Hi Marilyn, I ordered a 6 inch cake for our 23rd anniversary at California Grill in 2010 because I figured it would be small enough for 3 of us. Well it was small... around but four layers high. Really good...but we ate it all week.:lmao:Check on those layers when you order. Seems to be different versions of small.:goodvibes
100_1699.jpg
100_1704.jpg

Your cake looks very nice:) What was the filling it looks yummy.

Thanks...it was Bavarian cream and fresh strawberries. So good.:goodvibes

I assume it was ordered from the Contemporary? If you don't mind me asking what did that cost? We are celebrating my daughter's graduation and would like a small cake for just the 4 of us.:goodvibes

I assume it was ordered from the Contemporary? If you don't mind me asking what did that cost? We are celebrating my daughter's graduation and would like a small cake for just the 4 of us.:goodvibes

This was a indeed a Chef Brian creation...It was $73. I remember because of the odd number. I gave a cc # with the order. It was perfect. Just right for us besides DH loves cake.:goodvibes

Thank you shadowryter for the info. I will be sure to ask about the layers, I don't even like cake and this one looks delicious:)

We have gotten several cakes at Disney before but I have a question about ordering one from Pat at the Grand Floridian. Last time we had Chef Brian make our daughter's birthday cake and it was fantastic. We would like to order one for our meal at 1900 Park Fare. My daughter wants the ever famous Haunted Mansion cake that Cake Man Brian did. We have no ADR's at any of the places Brian does cakes for and she would really like to have it while we are staying at the Grand. Would Pat be willing to do a similar cake? Has anyone worked with her before?

This was a indeed a Chef Brian creation...It was $73. I remember because of the odd number. I gave a cc # with the order. It was perfect. Just right for us besides DH loves cake.:goodvibes

Thank you so much.. Looks like I need to see how we can get this cake decorated for my daughter's graduation.

Does anyone know how much the delivery charges are? I am thinking about making a reservation at The Wave or Whispering Canyon Cafe so I can get a cake from CR, but I was wondering how much the delivery charge would be for Wilderness Lodge. Thanks :)

There is no delivery charge—Wilderness Lodge is one of the resorts the CR Bakery services. :thumbsup2

A few questions: We will be dining at the Flying Fish Cafe in appro. 26 days. My dd will be turning 7 on our trip and would like a jungle theme cake, I found a good starting point from a photo on this thread. Now to the questions: Will the cake be made at FF or the BW bakery? Who do I contact? I would like to get the ball going to allow time for an exchange of options and ideas. Any help is most greatly appreciated.

BoardWalk Bakery makes the cakes for every location at the resort. Complete info is here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/#boardwalk

Does anyone delver cakes to the Value resorts?

Check out this Cake Options By Location info: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/

We have gotten several cakes at Disney before but I have a question about ordering one from Pat at the Grand Floridian. Last time we had Chef Brian make our daughter's birthday cake and it was fantastic. We would like to order one for our meal at 1900 Park Fare. My daughter wants the ever famous Haunted Mansion cake that Cake Man Brian did. We have no ADR's at any of the places Brian does cakes for and she would really like to have it while we are staying at the Grand. Would Pat be willing to do a similar cake? Has anyone worked with her before?

The Grand Floridian has done many elaborate Haunted Mansion cakes in the same vein as Chef Brian's cakes, some of which are pictured in this thread. You might start with the index on the first few pages, although I know it hasn't been updated recently. A search may do better for you... :thumbsup2

The Grand Floridian has done many elaborate Haunted Mansion cakes in the same vein as Chef Brian's cakes, some of which are pictured in this thread. You might start with the index on the first few pages, although I know it hasn't been updated recently. A search may do better for you... :thumbsup2[/QUOTE]

Thanks Lurkyloo! I will look through the pics. :goodvibes

OMG! Calling for a cake is like trying to get a room discount with CRO. I called the Y&BC yesterday after I had called Epcot for a cake. The girl I spoke with told me to try back Teresa at Epcot because they should be able to make a specialty cake and that if she said that they couldn't to call back and they would see what they could do for me. I wanted to have a cake delivered to Coral Reef for my DD's 18th birthday. We are going down there with the high school marching band for their march down Main St. and I wanted to celebrate her birthday there. So now this morning when I called back the Y&BC someone else answered the phone and said that they don't deliver to Epcot anymore. So no two people give out the same information? This is so frustrating as I have seen posts from a few weeks ago that they got this accomplished.
Sorry had to vent!:mad:

OMG! Call for a cake is like trying to get a room discount with CRO. I called the Y&BC yesterday after I had called Epcot for a cake. The girl I spoke with told me to try back Teresa at Epcot because they should be able to make a specialty cake and that if she said that they couldn't to call back and they would see what they could do for me. I wanted to have a cake delivered to Coral Reef for my DD's 18th birthday. We are done there with the high school marching band for their march down Main St. and I wanted to celebrate her birthday there. So now this morning when I called back the Y&BC someone else answered the phone and said that they don't deliver to Epcot anymore. So no two people give out the same information? This is so frustrating as I have seen posts from a few weeks ago that they got this accomplished.
Sorry had to vent!:mad:

This is classic Disney—the right hand never knows what the left hand is doing. My strategy is to keep calling until I get someone with an answer I like! :goodvibes The person you need to talk to is Yvette in Y&BC Private Dining: 407-934-3105. Epcot cannot make anything fancier than a supermarket-style cake covered in whipped cream frosting.

I just tried again and spoke with the same person as yesterday and wala, I have specialty cake being delived to Coral Reef for next Thursday!

:cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

Hello everyone, dont get to post too often, but love to read as much as I can. I will be ordering my daughters cake for her 17th Birthday next month. We will be having her birthday dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe so obviously I will be ordering from GF Bakery. My question is this , I would like to order her a "monstersInc" themed cake. On top I want the door, and the three characters, What is the technical name if any for the edible stand ups. I dont need to have figures sculpted or anything like that. I just want to make sure that I am asking for the right thing. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!