Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I remember there are two non-Disney bakeries people recommending on this thread. Can anyone tell me what the names of those two are? I'd like to try to order a custom cake for pickup. Also, if anyone can share their experience with them? Thanks!!

It's Tasty Too is really popular. And Party Flavors. Other recommendations are Sprinkles Custom Cakes, Anna Cakes and Bake Me a Cake.

Last edited:
Where did you call to order these? We had one delivered to CRT a few years ago and when we called to get one for our FEB trip, they said they didn't do it anymore.
I found the number at the beginning of this thread, but as TinkLoverSam said, they no longer deliver custom cakes to MK. Have a great trip! So jealous!

Getting back to looking in to a cake for the first time in 5 years. Last time we got a great cake from Brian served to us at CM. DGD even told us recently all about it, I was shocked she remembered all the details like she did (her 5th birthday)
I see little has changed, Brian still doing cakes at CR, Pat still running the process at GF like a Gulag. Frustrating as GF is where I am considering a cake. Boardwalk is hit and miss on getting what you want.
What is bugging the stew out of me is, how is it some are able to get a fabulous cake out of Pat and others, it's like pulling hen's teeth? I'm sure folks have tried to figure the magic formula but has anyone gotten any insight to working with her? The are photos of beautiful cakes provided at GF restaurants so I know it's possible. I'd love to get one a 6" cake, fondant covered, at The Tea Room, for DGD's 10th birthday.

I'm stumped on theme and was actually hoping some here may just have a thought or two for me. The entire trip is a surprise for her so I am not able to quiz her too much, I don't want to give anything away
She loves, loves, loves singing. And music period. Her current favorites to sing are songs from Rapunzel, and she's into anything Mandy Moore. My first thought was maybe something purple with trailing flowers, like the garland from Rapunzel's hair, maybe pink ribbons? Not specific character, but inspired by Rapunzel. I asked her if she'd like that for her party at home and she said no. That doesn't really mean she wouldn't like it at Disney. We'll be taking her to Ivy Trellis Salon before we go to the Tea Room for lunch
Then I also thought, what about something black/white and music related. She plays guitar too.
I wish we'd had a chance to see the movie CoCo, as I think that would be a great theme but it hit at a time where she was super busy with Girl's Choir and we never got to the theater to see it. So not sure it makes any sense to do anything CoCo themed
But I'm all for any other suggestions. We don't get to celebrate her birthday at Disney all that often since it means taking her out of school and we try to avoid that. We are doing it anyway this one year. It's on Sunday so it will be a while before we can do it again. I want the cake to be pretty spectacular, which is why I'm really hesitant to start the process with Pat. I just can't seem to find an ADR at CR or even WL, that fits our plans as well at the Tea Room does.

Which brings up another question, I guess it's no problem to get a cake on Sunday, is it? I don't recall reading anything about restrictions on the day

You can get a cake any day of the week. As to the secret formula for working with the GF, it's anybody's guess... Sometimes I think it's only those of us who expect to get shut down by GF Private Dining who actually get shut down, but then a newbie will pop up on the thread talking about their horrible experience ordering a cake via GF Private Dining. Followed by another poster who had an amazing experience and got exactly what she asked for.

Be prepared to be told that you have to order an 8-inch cake or larger, but do ask for a 6-inch cake. You never know! It might work better to just give them a general theme (like Rapunzel) and a budget and stress that you want it to be really special and elaborate—though even then, you sometimes see cakes that turn out like supermarket creations. The higher your budget, the less likely that is to happen, though.

It's Tasty Too is really popular. And Party Flavors. Other recommendations are Sprinkles Custom Cakes, Anna Cakes and Bake Me a Cake.
Thanks!!!

I literally just read through the whole thread! Took several hours!! It seems like the process of ordering a custom cake at WDW is quite convoluted. This is what I came away with.

1. To order a cake at the parks, you call each park separately. Only MK doesn't do custom cakes, just special desserts at different restaurants.
2. To order a cake at a restaurant in a resort: Call the bakery that services that particular resort (For example, call GF to order a cake for 'Ohana. Call Contemporary to order a cake for Trail's End and Whispering Canyon Cafe. Call Boardwalk Bakery to order a cake for Boardwalk restaurants) My question is whom do you call for Flying Fish? Boardwalk Inn Private Dining or Boardwalk Bakery?
3. To order a cake to be delivered to your room, call Private Dining where you stay at if you stay at a deluxe resort. If you stay at moderate or value, call Cake Hotline and maybe pick up the cake at your resort's food court or restaurant. My question is what if you stay at Poly. Do you call Poly's Private Dining?
4. To pick up the cake yourself, only Boardwalk Bakery does this. My question is how do you contact the bakery directly?

I'm sure I must have got this all wrong. I just reread my summary and questions above and it got me even more confused!!! Can they make this process any more complicated!!

You got it!

My question is whom do you call for Flying Fish? Boardwalk Inn Private Dining or Boardwalk Bakery? To pick up the cake yourself, only Boardwalk Bakery does this. My question is how do you contact the bakery directly?

Yeah that is confusing. I made the info for BoardWalk in Post #2 a little more detailed:
  • For BoardWalk Inn + All Restaurants on the BoardWalk, call Private Dining at 407-939-5175
  • To pick up a cake at BoardWalk Bakery, call the bakery directly at 407-939-6355
My question is what if you stay at Poly. Do you call Poly's Private Dining?

Call Poly Private Dining if you just want a basic cake, like with buttercream and a screen print. If you want an elaborate cake, call Grand Floridian Private Dining.

If you are at Chef Mickey with all those desserts, would it be possible to do an 8 inch cake that would serve 15 smaller slices? They are pretty tall, right?

Yes, if you do a fancy fondant-covered cake, they are tall and will totally feed 15 people. If you get a buttercream-covered cake they're usually half as tall.

Yes, if you do a fancy fondant-covered cake, they are tall and will totally feed 15 people. If you get a buttercream-covered cake they're usually half as tall.

Thank you... Our party size grew to about 10 kids and 8 adults. I don't want any left over, so need it to feed at least 15. I have a call into Contemp cake line. I have an email quote from Donald Joiner of $130. I sent a picture but stated no fondant. The cake in the picture looks tall so I better verify when they call back. So I would want like 4 layers in order to be an 8 inch that can serve 15 (smaller slices)?

Thank you... Our party size grew to about 10 kids and 8 adults. I don't want any left over, so need it to feed at least 15. I have a call into Contemp cake line. I have an email quote from Donald Joiner of $130. I sent a picture but stated no fondant. The cake in the picture looks tall so I better verify when they call back. So I would want like 4 layers in order to be an 8 inch that can serve 15 (smaller slices)?

That sounds right!

I’m calling GF tomorrow to order a replica of our Disney wedding cake top layer from 10 years ago for our upcoming trip. After reading this thread I’m curious to see how it goes!

I’m calling GF tomorrow to order a replica of our Disney wedding cake top layer from 10 years ago for our upcoming trip. After reading this thread I’m curious to see how it goes!

If you tell them you’re a Disney bride they’re usually pretty accommodating.

So if staying at the Beach Club, they will deliver a cake to your room? I just have to call the private dining number? I like the mickey celebration cake, maybe the vanilla one.

Can anyone give me a review of the dome cakes at the bakery in Disney Springs? How many do they feed? Any pics of them cut open to see just what they look like on the inside? I think I might like the lemon flavor.

Can anyone give me a review of the dome cakes at the bakery in Disney Springs? How many do they feed? Any pics of them cut open to see just what they look like on the inside? I think I might like the lemon flavor.

I don’t have any pictures of ours cut, but we had a dome cake (Donald-lemon) from Amorette’s shortly after they opened and it was delicious. I think they have changed from blueberry to strawberry for the complimentary flavor since we had ours. There were 6 of us (2 children) and we had leftovers for days. I remember there being more mousse in it than expected, but it was so well balanced. We’ve ordered a number of cakes from the Disney resort bakeries and while many have been good, what Amorette’s offers is more artfully done (IMO) from the taste and texture standpoint.

Well keep your fingers crossed for me, I ordered a cake for the first time in about 8 years, and here is hoping I get something nice. My last two experiences were less than awesome so I am not that hopeful that this will work out. We are getting a cake sent to the Hoop Dee Doo at the end of the month . I called the number, left a message, they called back within 30 minutes or so. I told them that I wanted to have a yellow cake, chocolate buttercream, and I wanted it "Tiki Themed". She replies, quickly, "oh no, we can't do that!" I was all, why not? I said ok then, can you make it Polynesian inspired or Trader Sam's inspired? She replied, "Oh yeah, we can do that!"

Sigh.

Anyway, they are charging me around $75, she told me I don't want fondant, (there was a lot of that actually. her telling me what I DON'T want), and she said check with your waiter when you get there.

Yeah, I am not that hopeful on this one. BRING ME SOME GOSH DARN DISNEY MAGIC CAKE PEOPLE!

If I order one from Amorettes I wonder if I can charge it to my room, and possibly take it with us for dinner at Disney Springs on my birthday night?

If I order one from Amorettes I wonder if I can charge it to my room, and possibly take it with us for dinner at Disney Springs on my birthday night?

I don't know about room charges, but I would recommend calling the restaurant directly. I called T-Rex and they confirmed that we can bring our own cake for my son's birthday.

Is anyone else having a DIFFICULT time reaching the Contemporary Resort Custom Cakes hotline (407-824-2955)? I have been trying them for 2 WEEKS now For a Birthday Cake order (All I get is their Voicemail Box!) I have left them countless messages including my contact info, with no CM reaching back out to me yet... However I have had some luck with them responding to my emails!! We are leaving for WDW in a weeks time, and we would like to have this Birthday Cake order in place for when we arrive, but so far NO LUCK!

Is there something I am doing wrong or are they just SWAMPED with orders right now??

I have even tried calling directly to Amorette's Pastisserie (407-934-3500) leaving my info and no one has called me back from there either...

Any information y'all can help me out with would be GREATLY appreciated!! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter