Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I called the Epcot line on Sunday to order a custom cake for next month. The message told me they work Monday to Friday and would be closed Monday the 13th for Vetrans Day. I left a message and received a call back mid-day on Tuesday. I was ordered a marble 8 inch cake with chocolate filling and vanilla buttercream dyed blue for an under-the-Sea themed cake with piped coral. They will write happy anniversary on it and leave room for the Marlin and Dory figures I have to put on the top of the cake. Pretty painless. I was quoted $40 to be paid at the time of delivery. We shall see how it looks on December 9th at Coral Reef.

I'm hoping to order two cakes for January 7th. I called the number for SSR a week ago today and spoke with someone, gave order details, got her email address and emailed photos of what we were looking for. She said she would check with the BW bakery and get back to me ASAP with a price quote. How long do I wait before I call back to follow up? I have a bit of time before the trip, but the whole week is making me worry.

Here’s the teacup-themed “Unbirthday” cake I surprised my BFF with during our stay at Yacht Club!

66192D0E-8FED-4BAA-9E31-40EF5ACE8136.jpeg

It’s obviously WAY fancier than what I had asked for (just a mini cake), so there was obviously some confusion when I ordered ... it was literally at the 72-hour deadline.

My advice: let the bakery and pastry team use their skills! All the advice I gave them was that it was “Unbirthday” and I was thinking maybe the pattern on the teacups from the ride. This absolutely blew me away in how beautiful it was!

I'm hoping to order two cakes for January 7th. I called the number for SSR a week ago today and spoke with someone, gave order details, got her email address and emailed photos of what we were looking for. She said she would check with the BW bakery and get back to me ASAP with a price quote. How long do I wait before I call back to follow up? I have a bit of time before the trip, but the whole week is making me worry.
Quoting myself as I was too impatient... had a call back today and the order is confirmed! And now that there is some limited private dining menu at Saratoga Springs, I was able to have the cakes set to be delivered to our Treehouse. Super excited!

Here’s the teacup-themed “Unbirthday” cake I surprised my BFF with during our stay at Yacht Club!

It’s obviously WAY fancier than what I had asked for (just a mini cake), so there was obviously some confusion when I ordered ... it was literally at the 72-hour deadline.

My advice: let the bakery and pastry team use their skills! All the advice I gave them was that it was “Unbirthday” and I was thinking maybe the pattern on the teacups from the ride. This absolutely blew me away in how beautiful it was!

Wow! I absolutely love that cake!

View attachment 283426

How much did this "mini" cake cost? It's amazing!

Last edited:

Quick question. Does anyone ever get a person when they call the hotline and select their resort? We are trying to order a cake for our trip and the first time my sister got transferred around to 5 different people and ultimately gave up. I called and left a message but have yet to hear back.
When I got a call back from the Polynesian they suggested I call Pat at the Grand Floridian and gave me the number. She answered on the second ring, totally caught me off guard lol I was preparing to leave a message.

View attachment 283426

This is amazing!

Cake order for next month is all set!

6" red velvet with cream cheese filling to be delivered to 'Ohana breakfast.
I asked for a round to be decorated like a Christmas tree...green buttercream piped to look like pine, wrapped in edible lights and ornaments, red bow at the bottom, yellow Mickey ears on top.

Quote was $95 :) Will post pictures come trip time.

11 days out! when should I call to reconfirm my cake order for arrival? or should I email?

contemporary for WL room delivery

Wow! I absolutely love that cake!

How much did this "mini" cake cost? It's amazing!

@Keels that cake is fantastic!

Thanks, y’all!

To be honest, I never got an actual price on it but I have a charge on my credit card for $58, so I’m assuming that’s the cost of the cake!

I was so thrilled with it. The teacups were fondant and everything else was buttercream. I already am trying to decide what concept to order to surprise my girlfriends in January upon arrival at Beach Club for Marathon Weekend!

I have been trying to place my order st the contemporary bakery for about 3 weeks now. No one is calling me back. I don’t know what to do at this point. I have already been quoted by chef Brian.

I have been trying to place my order st the contemporary bakery for about 3 weeks now. No one is calling me back. I don’t know what to do at this point. I have already been quoted by chef Brian.

As it says in Post #2, you need to call Private Dining, not the Contemporary's Cake Hotline. Call 407-824-3500 and ask to be transferred to Private Dining.

As it says in Post #2, you need to call Private Dining, not the Contemporary's Cake Hotline. Call 407-824-3500 and ask to be transferred to Private Dining.
I’ll check which one I have been calling. I have been calling the number chef Brian gave me. I never had this issue in the past.

We just got back from an amazing 6 day trip. I ordered my son’s 6th birthday cake through Pat at the GF to be delivered to O’hana for dinner. She quoted me $53 I was charged $55. She had not seen Big Hero 6 before but it turned out pretty amazing. My son loved his cake!!!

It’s red buttercream, chocolate cake on the inside with vanilla icing in between. The images on top are all edible chocolate pieces.

apologies if you mentioned this before and I just overlooked it, about how big is that cake and how many did it feed? Theres only two of us so Im not sure how big I want to get our cake but from pictures that looks about the normal cake size.

So we are going for my birthday which is New Year's Eve and I want to get myself a cake, there's only two of us but the 6inch cakes look so nice I am just fearful of having too much cake (I have more of a sweet-tooth than he does). We are staying at AKL but I have a brunch reservation on my birthday for Narcoossees. I've seen before that AKL can be a bit of a pain to work with when it comes to custom orders but I'm also nervous about getting the cake at brunch and having to carry is ALL DAY in MK. We have other ADRs throughout the week but you always want cake on your special day (plus we are on the dining plan and I already know we are going to eat our fill trying to get the most for our money). It also might help to mention that I want to go with the most cost-efficient (hopefully less than $100) cake.

Anyone know which one would be better/easier to work with? Any advice? Please help, I want to put this order in ASAP. All input is greatly appreciated.

I would probably just go with having the cake at AKL so that you don’t have to carry it around. If you get too much pushback on what you’re looking for then move on to trying Narcoossees

So we are going for my birthday which is New Year's Eve and I want to get myself a cake, there's only two of us but the 6inch cakes look so nice I am just fearful of having too much cake (I have more of a sweet-tooth than he does). We are staying at AKL but I have a brunch reservation on my birthday for Narcoossees. I've seen before that AKL can be a bit of a pain to work with when it comes to custom orders but I'm also nervous about getting the cake at brunch and having to carry is ALL DAY in MK. We have other ADRs throughout the week but you always want cake on your special day (plus we are on the dining plan and I already know we are going to eat our fill trying to get the most for our money). It also might help to mention that I want to go with the most cost-efficient (hopefully less than $100) cake.

Anyone know which one would be better/easier to work with? Any advice? Please help, I want to put this order in ASAP. All input is greatly appreciated.

I just got myself a 6 inch cake for my birthday for me and me alone, so I wouldn't hesitate to get one for 2 people. While a mini might be easier for 2 people to sit and eat in one meal, the cost of the 6 inch seems to be the same if not cheaper in most cases. But I'm also all about the leftovers which factors in to my decision to usually stick with a 6 inch cake.

I generally attempt to order our cakes when it's convenient to return to our resort and store the leftovers, but I've also carried one around the parks for a bit as well when we didn't leave as planned. Having a stroller it wasn't as difficult as I'd anticipated, but my backup option was to rent a locker and just store it until the end of the night. If it's a cool day in January, I wouldn't hesitate to think about storing it that way. Particularly if you don't have fresh fruit or a mousse filling.

As for the ease of working with the bakeries, I think it's not only particular to the bakery but who you get on the other line when you make the order sometimes. I've only dealt with the Contemporary. and they've been great, so I can't give personal input on the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts