Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I totally know what you mean. I have an ADR at The Wave next month despite having zero interest in the food or the restaurant just so we can order cakes from the Contemporary Bakery. I just can't bring myself to switch it up, lol.

:lol: If it makes you feel any better, I've heard it's very good!

I'm very excited about the surprise cake I've ordered for my husband's birthday next month. Worked with Brian at the Contemporary and will have the cake delivered for hubby's birthday dinner at Cali Grill. We're staying at Bay Lake Tower, so we'll have a fridge for leftovers.

The cake is "Up" themed. It's 8'' covered in light blue fondant. The Up house will be on the side made out of fondant, and balloons will be piped on the top of the cake. There will be a grape soda pin made out of fondant and a Dug collar encircling the bottom of the cake. Written on it will be, "You are my greatest adventure!" Price is $135. Vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream.

Can't wait to see it-- and eat it!
This sounds exactly like what I had pictured in my head for my wedding cake in December! I'm so excited to hear they would be willing to do something like this!!

This morning around 10am I received a callback from Pat from GF and I placed an order for my sons birthday cake which she qouted me $55.00 and told me I was required to pay with a card upfront. I gave her my info and my card has not been charged yet. How long does it usually take for her to charge you? She acted as though it was be an immediate charge. I just want to be sure she didn’t write down the wrong card information.

This morning around 10am I received a callback from Pat from GF and I placed an order for my sons birthday cake which she qouted me $55.00 and told me I was required to pay with a card upfront. I gave her my info and my card has not been charged yet. How long does it usually take for her to charge you? She acted as though it was be an immediate charge. I just want to be sure she didn’t write down the wrong card information.
The exact same thing happened to me. It took almost a week. I called back to double check, left a message, and before she called me back, my card was charged.

Well, after talking with Pat again they would not budge on the cookies and creme filling in the mini cake. I decided to ditch the tangled theme and just go with a nicely decorated cake I saw someone else post here. It will be a 6inch cake with chocolate cake and cookies and creme filling with a topper that is the Mickey and Minnie silhouette kissing. Total cost quoted was $43 and I'm paying at the restaurant so I'll get 20% off from either AP discount or TIW.

Nora Cake.jpg

This is cake we had delivered at Tusker House on Saturday night for our Daughter's 7th Birthday. She is a huge Jack Sparrow fan and was especially exciting after we met him night before at MNSSHP. Cake was a 6" round Vanilla with Vanilla Buttercream. Cost was $69. I thought it turned out amazing and she was so excited!! Several of the servers came by to tell her how cool the cake was which made her night even more.

Can someone give me a step by step of what I need to do to have special desserts for my daughter an and my husband delivered at MK? I know the celebration desserts, like cupcakes at BOG and glass slipper are CRT....but I want that special writing and candle type deal. There wasn't any place to put that into ADR. Do I call each place separately and order? Do I just order at podium? What do I do? if this isn't the place to ask, direct me to proper thread. :) THANKS!

****EDIT****

I *think* I figured it out. I wrote to WDW magic kindom speciality desserts!

Last edited:
Is it better to call or email the Contemporary first? We have a mock cake design drawn up so we thought it would be better to email so we can attach that but I've seen some people saying that you have to call first! Thanks!! :D

I'm reliably informed that one must call to initiate the process and then it switches to email to convey ideas with photos....?

I am about to call wilderness lodge myself, who is serviced through contemporary.....

If you want the cake delivered to the Contemporary, you can email first, call the cake-ordering number to follow up if you don't hear back, email to work out the details, then call Private Dining to place the actual order and tell Private Dining to refer to the email conversation.

If you want a cake delivered anyplace else that is serviced by the Contemporary, you have to call that place first, tell them you want to do something special/unusual and then sort of get "permission" to email/call the Contemporary pastry team.

lol...lurkyloo, I love your ability to break down and digest for us this very interesting process! :)

Just made my call, and am apparently awaiting "permission" to contact who I actually need to speak to. ;)

:bored::cake::thanks:

Thank you for the answers on my last question! They helped a lot, I'm so excited since this is going to be our first custom cake! :cake::P
Two more questions! What are those white chocolate stand up pieces with the printed images called? As you can see, I don't have a name for them so I can request one! Also can you choose the image or do you give them an idea of what you would like? We would love to get a Christmas Mickey & Minnie one! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Thank you for the answers on my last question! They helped a lot, I'm so excited since this is going to be our first custom cake! :cake::P
Two more questions! What are those white chocolate stand up pieces with the printed images called? As you can see, I don't have a name for them so I can request one! Also can you choose the image or do you give them an idea of what you would like? We would love to get a Christmas Mickey & Minnie one! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

I recently ordered a baymax cake for my sons 6th birthday dinner. Pat at GF said she would put a “screen printed” image of Baymax on the cake. To me that meant a flat image on the actual cake so I called her back and she told me it would be a printed image on the chocolate not the cake which is what I wanted. She said she had the baymax file on her computer so I believe you have to pick from what they have but I may be wrong! I’m sure they have a Christmas Minnie and Mickey image. This was my first cake ordering expirence too.

I recently ordered a baymax cake for my sons 6th birthday dinner. Pat at GF said she would put a “screen printed” image of Baymax on the cake. To me that meant a flat image on the actual cake so I called her back and she told me it would be a printed image on the chocolate not the cake which is what I wanted. She said she had the baymax file on her computer so I believe you have to pick from what they have but I may be wrong! I’m sure they have a Christmas Minnie and Mickey image. This was my first cake ordering expirence too.

Yes, they have certain images for screen printing and that's it. I got a cake through Pat in June and they didn't have any screen print options for my theme.

So, I called the Contemporary cake line as directed by email on Tuesday morning and left a message. Nothing back yet. Normal, yes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter