Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I'm sorry to ask this but with 160 pages to look through, someone might know straight away - has anyone had an UP mini cake made?

I'm sorry to ask this but with 160 pages to look through, someone might know straight away - has anyone had an UP mini cake made?

Yes there have been several cute options. I like to type the cake idea I have into google and look at the image results. If you want to be sure to see if Disney has made it you could add "disboards" to your search to see ones that have been posted here through the years. Below is one I found trying that method and another one I liked that isn't a mini. HTH

Yes there have been several cute options. I like to type the cake idea I have into google and look at the image results. If you want to be sure to see if Disney has made it you could add "disboards" to your search to see ones that have been posted here through the years. Below is one I found trying that method and another one I liked that isn't a mini. HTH

View attachment 478767

View attachment 478766
Thank you so much x

View attachment 478767

View attachment 478766

it always makes my heart feel warm to see my old cakes show up as examples. what a nice way to remember a past trip/experience <3

do share what you end up with, @tinkerbell1991 !

We love ordering cakes at Disney. I wasn't planning one for our upcoming trip, but decided since we are staying at AKL we couldn't pass up a zebra dome cake. We have had one once before and they are amazing. I called AKL private dining to order and was quoted a price of $45.

So I placed an order for 2 tier mini wedding cake, requested marble cake, cannoli cream filling, white buttercream frosting, and Jack Skellington theme. I told them I wasn't looking for any images, but just the Skellington feel. The Y&B team came back with bottom level striped with black fondant, top level with spiderwebs. Message says Happy Birthday Meagan from the Pumpkin King. I will post pics when we get back, this one is a total surprise for her, and I think she is going to be THRILLED. Price quoted is $65.

This week's Disney Wedding Podcast guests had an Aladdin/"Whole New World"-themed reception, and this is their cake!

Shikha%20and%20Anupam%20-%200886_zpsktpyqfdb.jpg

Shikha%20and%20Anupam%20-%200909_zpsbuiizomd.jpg

Shikha%20and%20Anupam%20-%200884_zpsicpo4ir5.jpg

Shikha%20and%20Anupam%20-%200888_zpsnadlujg1.jpg

Shikha%20and%20Anupam%20-%200914_zpsrqil5yer.jpg

Looking to surprise my fiancé during our honeymoon with a Sword in the Stone cake for one one of our dining reservations in the famous churro flavor that all of the DisBrides rave about. Does anybody know specifically what to request for this specific infamous churro cake? And also which bakeries would carry that as an option? It looks like a six-inch cake would be a good size, but I understand that GF bakery doesn’t do this size anymore. Also, any *small* Sword in the Stone cake inspiration would be greatly appreciated :)

Looking to surprise my fiancé during our honeymoon with a Sword in the Stone cake for one one of our dining reservations in the famous churro flavor that all of the DisBrides rave about. Does anybody know specifically what to request for this specific infamous churro cake? And also which bakeries would carry that as an option? It looks like a six-inch cake would be a good size, but I understand that GF bakery doesn’t do this size anymore. Also, any *small* Sword in the Stone cake inspiration would be greatly appreciated :)
I’ve never seen a Disney sword in the stone cake but that sounds awesome! Now I want to do one for my son Arthur! You can google for some ideas and if you include dis boards in your search you’ll get any that may have been posted in this or the last 3 threads

The Grand Floridian still does 6-inch cakes—I just got one the day before the parks closed! It's BoardWalk Bakery that won't do them anymore.

Here's a Sword In the Stone rectangular groom's cake from a wedding...

SwordStoneCake.jpg

IMG_0063_zps906kimjs.jpg

• Price: $106.50

• Date Received: March 13, 2020

• Location: Topolino's Terrace at Disney's Riviera Resort, made by Yacht & Beach Club's pastry team because Riviera doesn't have one.

• Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc: Two-tier mini cake. Red velvet with cream cheese frosting instead of cream cheese mousse. I gave them a budget of $100 and asked for a highly themed, Inside Out-inspired mini cake with a light-up element. I loved the pastry chef's decision to use round lights as some of the memory spheres. They stayed lit for 3+ days! Originally I requested a sculpted Bing Bong figure as the topper and gave them several months' lead time to get approval, but the request was denied by the licensing team. Still, I thought it was really clever that the pastry chef used Bing Bong's flower boutonniere as the topper!

• Anything else special about that particular cake: This cake was delivered to our table at Topolino Terrace moments after we learned that the Disney Parks would be shutting down in two days due to the pandemic, so I haven't been super-excited to share it. But hopefully it will be inspiring for those who are having trouble finding Inside Out-themed Disney cakes!

IMG_0114_zpsaozqayh0.jpg

IMG_0133_zpsnq2w39rz.jpg

IMG_0061_zpstrimueow.jpg

IMG_0042_zps2rz6iq8x.jpg

IMG_0029_zps5di4ykpu.jpg

IMG_0111_zpsebydiwdi.jpg

IMG_0030_zps6c6kjsma.jpg

IMG_0089_zpsn3l3myxi.jpg

IMG_0046_zpsrihfwang.jpg

IMG_0102_zpsmqtgjhef.jpg

IMG_0034_zpsp9dopxyx.jpg

IMG_0044_zpsj7trapdv.jpg

We have a trip planned for early October (2-6) to celebrate our daughter’s sweet 16. Originally we were planning dinner at California Grill (fireworks viewing), but we decided to spend the day and evening in Hollywood Studios and have her birthday dinner at 50’s instead. Sidebar: it’s a short trip and that’s the only day we have for HS, and lots of new stuff to do, so we didn’t want to cut our park time short by having to leave early to change and get to the Contemporary for dinner.
Any way, I’m now wondering if I can still get some sort of specialty cake made and delivered to 50’s, or will I have to do something more standard? My specialty idea was maybe a dole whip shaped cake (if possible), haunted mansion theme, Mickey balloon, up themed...I’m still undecided. Im just wondering if we have this as an option now? We’ve done the chocolate round cake (at Akershus fir her 8th birthday) and the milk chocolate slipper (at Cinderella’s Royal Table). It’s her sweet 16, so I really wanted something different. Can anyone help with ideas and knowledge of options we have? Thank you so much!

This will be the least impressive cake on here! Today is my wife's Birthday. The past 4 years we've spent it at Disney and I've come here for cake ideas. This year's trip was obviously canceled but I did the best with the ingredients I had in the house to try and make today somewhat special, even if we're stuck here at home :-)

Resized_20200419_080509.jpeg

Price: About: $19

Date Received: April 19th

Cake Info: Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake. 3 Layers with Chocolate Buttercream. Cake made with Ghiradelli Unsweetened Chocolate and Buttercream made with 70% Valrhona Guanaja.

Anything special about the Cake: Nope, a weak comparison to what I've had made for her over the past few years but made with love!

I hope everyone is safe and healthy!!

We have a trip planned for early October (2-6) to celebrate our daughter’s sweet 16. Originally we were planning dinner at California Grill (fireworks viewing), but we decided to spend the day and evening in Hollywood Studios and have her birthday dinner at 50’s instead. Sidebar: it’s a short trip and that’s the only day we have for HS, and lots of new stuff to do, so we didn’t want to cut our park time short by having to leave early to change and get to the Contemporary for dinner.
Any way, I’m now wondering if I can still get some sort of specialty cake made and delivered to 50’s, or will I have to do something more standard? My specialty idea was maybe a dole whip shaped cake (if possible), haunted mansion theme, Mickey balloon, up themed...I’m still undecided. Im just wondering if we have this as an option now? We’ve done the chocolate round cake (at Akershus fir her 8th birthday) and the milk chocolate slipper (at Cinderella’s Royal Table). It’s her sweet 16, so I really wanted something different. Can anyone help with ideas and knowledge of options we have? Thank you so much!

The pastry team at DHS can do custom cakes, but not anything shaped. Post #2 of this thread has all the details, including THIS LINK to show you photos of a ton of cakes they have made.

This will be the least impressive cake on here! Today is my wife's Birthday. The past 4 years we've spent it at Disney and I've come here for cake ideas. This year's trip was obviously canceled but I did the best with the ingredients I had in the house to try and make today somewhat special, even if we're stuck here at home :-)
Cake Info: Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake. 3 Layers with Chocolate Buttercream. Cake made with Ghiradelli Unsweetened Chocolate and Buttercream made with 70% Valrhona Guanaja.
Anything special about the Cake: Nope, a weak comparison to what I've had made for her over the past few years but made with love!

:rotfl2:I love this! I hope to travel to Small Town in Western Massachusetts some day, and now I know exactly which cake I will get! (Ghirardelli is the BEST!).

View attachment 489102

I bet this cake tastes better than any of the other cakes on this thread! Hope your wife has a magical birthday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter