Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I ordered a cake from beach and yacht club last September to be delivered to Cape may Cafe. Cost was $100 for a 2 tier mini cake. I asked for a Moana theme and sent in a few pictures but those were just for general idea purposes. I think it turned out wonderful and my daughter was so surprised.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190626-120107_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190626-120107_Gallery.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 404
  • 20190626_120548.jpg
    20190626_120548.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 417
  • 20190626_120654.jpg
    20190626_120654.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 464
  • 20190626_120819.jpg
    20190626_120819.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 411
I ordered a cake from beach and yacht club last September to be delivered to Cape may Cafe. Cost was $100 for a 2 tier mini cake. I asked for a Moana theme and sent in a few pictures but those were just for general idea purposes. I think it turned out wonderful and my daughter was so surprised.

WOW!!! The detail is amazing! Chef Jessie is doing some incredible work!

That is amazing! So beautiful!!!

Can you tell me how many in your party that fed please? And beautiful cake!

Just wondering....why does the Boardwalk Bakery not do 6 inch cakes?

When they say this, it's hard to get a straight answer. AKL, for example, once told me they didn't have 6-inch pans. But other places, like the GF and maybe BW, just try to discourage you from getting 6-inch cakes because they say they aren't big enough for the design you want. I encourage you to ask them yourself, because this stuff changes all the time.

If you have a cake delivered to your hotel room do they provide paper plates & forks? A plastic knife for cutting? Thanks

If you have a cake delivered to your hotel room do they provide paper plates & forks? A plastic knife for cutting? Thanks

You will always get plates and cutlery, including a server. Whether they are plastic depends on whether the resort has a Private Dining department.

Got this beauty on my honeymoon at California grill! Not as good as my haunted mansion cake but still perfect!! Also for the life of me it won’t go vertical

I can fix that photo for you! What size and flavors did you get, and what did they charge?

Last edited:
I recall reading somewhere about ordering a specialty cupcake instead of a cake & I cannot find the info. Would anyone know if I could order a special cupcake (specifically Rapunzel colors) to be delivered for a breakfast reservation at Bon Voyage Bkfst @ the Boardwalk? TIA !!

Got this beauty on my honeymoon at California grill! Not as good as my haunted mansion cake but still perfect!!

That is a beautiful cake! How big and how much was it? I am already trying to plan out my next cake order, which will be for DH's 50th birthday and we are trying to snag a Cali Grill ressie to celebrate.

That is a beautiful cake! How big and how much was it? I am already trying to plan out my next cake order, which will be for DH's 50th birthday and we are trying to snag a Cali Grill ressie to celebrate.
I can fix that photo for you! What size and flavors did you get, and what did they charge?

It was a 6 inch square with vanilla cake and raspberry mousse filling. It cost $134!!

Husband said he got the baker and he was amazing to work with!!

Wanted to update on the cake we ordered for my nephew’s birthday from AKL Private Dining. I had seen an identical cake on this thread & used the photo to aid in my request. Ours, however, was chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting on the inside and a layer of vanilla buttercream over the chocolate on top so that the colors would show. We had the cake delivered to Boma on 6/28/19 & it was $85 total. The server asked if we’d like it added to the bill or payed for separately. (We just added it.) We were thrilled with the outcome & my nephew was so excited! Thank you so much to the poster who initially shared it!! And you were right; it was even more vibrant and lovely in person!:love:

Attachments

• D599C33F-5CAA-4447-B8D5-DC336541C957.jpeg
    D599C33F-5CAA-4447-B8D5-DC336541C957.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 438
  • A7C966E1-5A1A-422F-98B2-559D3B8EB1DA.jpeg
    A7C966E1-5A1A-422F-98B2-559D3B8EB1DA.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 427

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts