Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Unfortunately we will not be dining at Yacht and Beach Club or on the cruise, but I just saw what you posted about Hollywood Studios. We have reservations for Hollywood and Vine for breakfast the day after we arrive. Do you know if you can get a custom cake delivered there and if they did would they box it up for you to take when you leave? I'd be willing to give them a try!

(Unless the you think the Contemporary would do a custom cake and deliver it to a room at the Grand Floridian, wishful thinking I know! but Brian at the Contemporary made an amazing Rowlf cake a few years ago, if you remember the pictures I posted, that was delicious!)

I remember that cake!

Just call the number for Hollywood Studios and they can help you order a cake for Hollywood & Vine. The cake is delivered to the restaurant in a bakery box, so the servers will put it back in the box for you when you're done.

The Contemporary only delivers to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

In the spirit of the Hollywood Studios' Cake Collage post on the previous page, here are all the cake photos Epcot sent me when I was working on my cake order there a couple months ago.

Tinker%20Bell%2065_zpsswe8jqyd.jpg

photo%2022_zpssjxy4acj.jpg

photo%2023%202_zpsu1a0u276.jpg

photo%2015%203_zpsc1gglwx6.jpg

photo%2017%202_zpsngikfju1.jpg

mini%20lace%20cake%2045_zpsvgq8oitl.jpg

Mini%20Anniversary_zpscr44ogja.jpg

Mickey%20or%20Minne%20Shaped%20Cake%20with%20Price_zpsnpvahp9g.jpg

Mini%20Cake%20with%20Price_zpsiwqsaqds.jpg

Mickey%20Minnie%20White%20Chocolate_zpsi5dykbcd.png

IMG_4810_zpsxukr1goq.jpg

IMG_4917%202_zps120duma1.jpg

Chocolate%20mini%2035_zpsbofomcr7.jpg

IMG_1684_zpsh1xx9mqu.jpg

8%20inch%20Birthday%2055_zpscu5xrx1h.jpg

20141014_171908_zpsgrwnswnt.jpg

20141009_160950_zpsutak64uh.jpg

Thank you for the two sets of collages! I always struggle trying to find photos to reference while planning and these definitely help.

Has anyone ordered a cake from Coronado Springs? Curious to see what kind of work they produce. We're staying there for my nephew's 1st visit / big family trip and I'd like to surprise everyone with a cake! No idea on theme yet....

lurlyloo - thanks for posting these pics! Starting to plan a surprise 13th bday cake for DD & these pics will definitely help! LOVE the Chewy :chewy: cake!!!

I had a thought last night and I'm very excited as it finally gives me a reason to order a cake :laughing:

We are going on a cruise with my in laws this summer, and they are just flying down the day before. DH and I will probably go at least a few days before and hit the parks because we have APs. I booked my ILs a room at Pop for one night so they could use DME, then we can all eat/hang out at Disney Springs that night. The cruise was a Christmas gift for the ILs from all of us kids (and all the other gifts for a year lol). So last night I thought... It would be cute/funny to order a mini cake to their room that said Merry Christmas. I'm running all of the travel plans and can have my credit card on their reservation for the cake charge, and a mini cake seems like the perfect amount for the two of them (plus DHs aunt who is also going/rooming with them, so really three people) for the one night. My other thought would be to have it say something like Happy Sails, and just let Disney do their magic with either theme.

I just realized I can now post a picture. Though it's out of season, here is our cake from this past halloween’s visit. I worked w/ George at the Contemporary and he was super helpful! This was delivered to chef Mickey’s. It was a 6in vanilla cake with raspberry mousse filling. Total cost was $89 added to our bill at the restaurant. The staff there were wonderful and made sure that it was kept a total surprise.

Attachments

• 56244077118__B8748F37-5EC9-4E13-A23F-A9A036DA1723.jpg
    56244077118__B8748F37-5EC9-4E13-A23F-A9A036DA1723.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 329
I just realized I can now post a picture. Though it's out of season, here is our cake from this past halloween’s visit. I worked w/ George at the Contemporary and he was super helpful! This was delivered to chef Mickey’s. It was a 6in vanilla cake with raspberry mousse filling. Total cost was $89 added to our bill at the restaurant. The staff there were wonderful and made sure that it was kept a total surprise.
Gotta love the wallpaper and the stretched portraits!

Thank you so much for sharing! I think this may be one of my favorites,

I’ve ordered anniversary cakes before, but I’d like to have one delivered to Narcoosee’s to surprise my DH as a celebration of our mini babymoon. Other than requesting something feminine, any one have good ideas for a two-tier mini cake? I’m also stuck on what to have it say - currently leaning towards “She was a princess worth waiting for” or just a congratulations.

Cake 1.jpg Cake 3.jpg Here are some pics of the Sunset Cake that we had made for my granddaughter when she turned 3 years old. The cake was beautiful. Vanilla cake with milk chocolate inside between the layers. The frosting was chocolate.

I believe the price was about $85, and I think it was a 10", which was the smallest I could get as custom.

The pictures don't do it justice. And best of all, it was delicious! Very moist. The wait staff all sang and clapped for her. Wonderful night.

View attachment 394823 View attachment 394824 Here are some pics of the Sunset Cake that we had made for my granddaughter when she turned 3 years old. The cake was beautiful. Vanilla cake with milk chocolate inside between the layers. The frosting was chocolate.

I believe the price was about $85, and I think it was a 10", which was the smallest I could get as custom.

The pictures don't do it justice. And best of all, it was delicious! Very moist. The wait staff all sang and clapped for her. Wonderful night.
Oh my that’s beautiful! Was this made at AKL?

Hi everyone!

I was trying to search through the threads but have not found an answer to my question so far. We would like to do a gender reveal via cake at the end of next month at either the Garden View Tea Lounge or Chef Mickey’s. I would prefer GF but have read that sometimes Pat isn’t as accommodating as the Contemporary can be? Has anyone done this before? My friend would be calling about a week before to tell them what color should be inside. Thanks

Hi everyone!

I was trying to search through the threads but have not found an answer to my question so far. We would like to do a gender reveal via cake at the end of next month at either the Garden View Tea Lounge or Chef Mickey’s. I would prefer GF but have read that sometimes Pat isn’t as accommodating as the Contemporary can be? Has anyone done this before? My friend would be calling about a week before to tell them what color should be inside. Thanks

If you can get Pat on your side, she is super-helpful. It just seems to depend on the whim of the day. The Contemporary made me a replica of the birthday cake in the Winnie the Pooh ride a few years ago, and that's pink inside, so they should be able to do a gender-reveal cake for you. But they have been hard to work with lately, so you may need to do some back and forth before they agree to it.

IMG_6640.jpg

So a while back I posted about wanting to get my mom a Groot-themed birthday cake for her 55th birthday celebration. I had some back and forth going on with the Wilderness Lodge/Contemporary bakery trying to get this cake, and long story short I reached out to Pat at GF when Contemporary said they couldn't make my cake, even if I added the Groot figurine myself after. Pat agreed to make the cake and let me pick it up.

Fast forward to last week, we had the birthday stay coming up, and the WL team actually reached out to me themselves and said they would be willing to pick up the cake from GF and have it brought out to us at our dinner reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe, which would eliminate the hassle of picking it up from GF and showing it to my mom before we were really ready to eat it (we had called the restaurant to ask if they would be OK with us bringing in an outside cake to serve after dinner, which they said was fine, and then called me back a few days later and offered to pick it up! I was totally shocked).

Saturday night was our dinner. My sister and I snuck over to the cafe while my mom was in the restroom and gave them the Groot figurine to add to the cake. When they brought it out after dinner, needless to say we were completely in awe of how it came out! My mom literally squealed with excitement when she saw it. It was AMAZINGLY done; Pat, as always, is such a creative wonder with these cakes! Somehow she made it all blend and work perfectly without even seeing the Groot figurine I would be adding. She even added little bits of fertilizer like you find in potting soil (mind = blown to even think of that!) The cake was delicious of course and was absolutely the best surprise ever for my mom. She even liked it better that the Groot was something she could keep and save and not something edible, so it all worked out absolutely perfect in the end!

Below are my inspiration pics I sent to Pat, and then the photos of the actual cake. Here are the other details:

6" round
Yellow Cake with The Grey Stuff
White fondant "flower pot" design
Crushed Oreos as "dirt"
Ordered through GF bakery but delivered to our reservation at WL, which I realize is total pixie dust and NOT the norm.
Total cost- $90

I don’t think any cake ever for the rest of birthdays will ever compare to this cake! :laughing:

IMG_5368.jpg IMG_5369.jpg image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg image7.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter