Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Love this thread!

We have had cakes done on property before and have enjoyed them.
We are going to Disney next month and I have one grandchild turning 9 two weeks after trip and our youngest is turning 1 two weeks before we go.
I am trying to come up with something for both of them. Does anyone know if they can make large cupcake cakes? I would like to give them one each at breakfast at Hollywood and Vine.
Also thinking maybe making an 8 inch cake half for her and half for him. Not sure if they can do that.
Don't want to have a lot of cake leftover, there will be 9 of us total.

TIA

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

9 years old. We still had it folded up in the back of the frig from my daughter's first cake at Cindy's castle. the cake is on here somewhere. it was painted so well. Brian did this cake. it looked perfect except the white parts were pretty yellow now. just thought I would share. it's in it's final resting place. :)

Seeking some advice. Hoping to do a mini minnie cake for my daughters 3rd birthday in February. We are staying at the Poly and having dinner that night at story book dining at wilderness lodge. We would like to have it for after dinner. Do we call wilderness lodge/contemporary for this and will they have it delivered to the restaurant to have it served there?

Seeking some advice. Hoping to do a mini minnie cake for my daughters 3rd birthday in February. We are staying at the Poly and having dinner that night at story book dining at wilderness lodge. We would like to have it for after dinner. Do we call wilderness lodge/contemporary for this and will they have it delivered to the restaurant to have it served there?

If you look on the first page of this thread, it tells you which bakery you can contact for the location you want it delivered to.
Yes, they will deliver it for you.

Love this thread!

We have had cakes done on property before and have enjoyed them.
We are going to Disney next month and I have one grandchild turning 9 two weeks after trip and our youngest is turning 1 two weeks before we go.
I am trying to come up with something for both of them. Does anyone know if they can make large cupcake cakes? I would like to give them one each at breakfast at Hollywood and Vine.
Also thinking maybe making an 8 inch cake half for her and half for him. Not sure if they can do that.
Don't want to have a lot of cake leftover, there will be 9 of us total.

TIA

You would need to contact Disney's Hollywood Studios via the Cake Hotline to see if cupcakes are a possibility. See Post # 2. There shouldn't be any problem getting an 8-inch cake decorated in two themes, half and half.

We are wanting to order a birthday cake from Poly's 'Ohana. Does anyone have the email for the cake person there? Also, I'd love to see your pics (with prices)! TIA

We are wanting to order a birthday cake from Poly's 'Ohana. Does anyone have the email for the cake person there? Also, I'd love to see your pics (with prices)! TIA

There is no cake person at the Poly. If you want a fancy cake, you need to order it from Grand Floridian Private Dining to be delivered (free) to the Poly. The contact phone number for GF Private Dining is in Post #2. They don't let us post cast member email addresses on the DIS.

Hi, curious about something. Need a cake for a small private event to serve about 25 people, having the event at either our resort or maybe we'll go to Disney Springs. Is this something that I could order a cake through Disney's service for? I tried calling off site bakeries but no one will do a cake for us because I have some allergies.

Do I have any options with Disney?

Hi, curious about something. Need a cake for a small private event to serve about 25 people, having the event at either our resort or maybe we'll go to Disney Springs. Is this something that I could order a cake through Disney's service for? I tried calling off site bakeries but no one will do a cake for us because I have some allergies.

Do I have any options with Disney?

If you're planning the event through Disney Catered Events, your planner can help you arrange the cake. If you are doing the party on your own, you can order a cake to be delivered to your Disney resort by calling the number listed for your resort in Post #2. However, for most allergy-friendly cake requests, they just tell you to call Erin McKenna's at Disney Springs. More info on that in Post #1.

If you're planning the event through Disney Catered Events, your planner can help you arrange the cake. If you are doing the party on your own, you can order a cake to be delivered to your Disney resort by calling the number listed for your resort in Post #2. However, for most allergy-friendly cake requests, they just tell you to call Erin McKenna's at Disney Springs. More info on that in Post #1.
Thank you, it's not through catered events. My allergies don't allow me to work with Erin McKenna's because their main ingredient is one of my worst allergens. :( Thank you for your help.

Thank you, it's not through catered events. My allergies don't allow me to work with Erin McKenna's because their main ingredient is one of my worst allergens. :( Thank you for your help.

Then I would call your resort's private dining and explain that to them if they try to fob you off on Erin McKenna's. Disney has made some great allergy-friendly cakes in the past, it just takes some prodding (and can depend on what you're allergic to).

After all of your help on here, we decided to have cake delivered to the resort for our son's birthday in March. Boardwalk bakery will be creating, but went through resort dining line. Per my son's requests, I ordered 8 inch chocolate with chocolate buttercream ($40), with 2D haunted mansion ghosts ($15 screen print +$10 for 2D chocolate piece). Received an email with the ghost image, provided my credit card information.

1. Am I missing anything?
2. Do I need to call again to confirm, if so when?

Thanks again!

After all of your help on here, we decided to have cake delivered to the resort for our son's birthday in March. Boardwalk bakery will be creating, but went through resort dining line. Per my son's requests, I ordered 8 inch chocolate with chocolate buttercream ($40), with 2D haunted mansion ghosts ($15 screen print +$10 for 2D chocolate piece). Received an email with the ghost image, provided my credit card information.

1. Am I missing anything?
2. Do I need to call again to confirm, if so when?

Thanks again!

I think you're fine! I would call again no fewer than 3 days out and reconfirm every detail. That way if they somehow lost your order, there will still be time to re-create it.

So it took me 2 days but I finally read through this whole thread. My son will be turning 3 in February and I want to surprise him with a cake/I want cake for breakfast!

I am hoping to order a custom cake by AKL to be delivered to our room. Fingers crossed my phone call goes well tomorrow.

We only have 2 dining reservations this trip and only one on his birthday at Crystal Palace. I have already emailed MK but the honey cake is no longer offered there. I was given the option of the Mickey dome cake instead but I'm going to pass. Just thought it would be helpful for people to know about the honey cake.

So now I'm deciding if I should add on a reservation at GF to do a mini cake. (My friend is one of the pastry chefs there and really wants me too) or get a mini cake to Garden Grill. Any thoughts?

I have been following this thread for a while (and by following I mean drooling over all of the images of amazing cakes!) and I just wondered how people from the UK (or anywhere international) get on with ordering custom cakes? I see that the initial ordering needs to be done over the phone with many people calling multiple times so I just wondered how successful international guests are with ordering custom cakes? .. Probably a silly question but forgive me - it is my first post! :)

So now I'm deciding if I should add on a reservation at GF to do a mini cake. (My friend is one of the pastry chefs there and really wants me too) or get a mini cake to Garden Grill. Any thoughts?

If you have a friend who is a pastry chef at the GF, do that! Epcot can be harder to get a hold of, although they do great work once you do get your order placed.

I have been following this thread for a while (and by following I mean drooling over all of the images of amazing cakes!) and I just wondered how people from the UK (or anywhere international) get on with ordering custom cakes? I see that the initial ordering needs to be done over the phone with many people calling multiple times so I just wondered how successful international guests are with ordering custom cakes? .. Probably a silly question but forgive me - it is my first post! :)

I've seen cake posts by many UK guests before. I think a lot of them use Skype or WhatsApp to make free calls to the US when placing their orders.

I have ordered a cake to our Kidani room. Just got off the phone with Private Dining and it was really a breeze. Lots of questions, but she went back and talked to the pastry team and it went well.

No 6" at all so it will be 8". Chocolate cake (options were vanilla and marble also), with strawberry mousse with strawberries as filling. She gave me a lot of options for the filling, at least 6, so the choice was nice. Frosting could be vanilla or chocolate buttercream, whipped frosting, white or milk chocolate ganache, or fondant for $3 more. I went with vanilla buttercream that will be different greens since I asked for a jungle theme.

The basic cake was $40. The jungle theme (trees, vines and animals) was $30. The screen printed Jungle Mickey was $15. So its $109.02 total with the delivery and tip. I said my budget was $100 but for $9 extra I wanted that Mickey! I said I'd deal with my husband. (And I don't even want to convert it into Canadian dollars )

Fingers crossed this goes well! I'm excited and can't wait to see my little boy's face. Thank you @lurkyloo for all this info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter