Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

This is the cake I had made for my daughters 19th birthday. It was delivered to her at the Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea. It was even more beautiful then I could have hoped for. I had requested elegant and feminine with a understated Disney theme. Total for the cake was $125.

Attachments

• 5FE39BF8-5198-416E-AC8E-BC05E00C8493.jpeg
    5FE39BF8-5198-416E-AC8E-BC05E00C8493.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
This is the cake I had made for my daughters 19th birthday. It was delivered to her at the Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea. It was even more beautiful then I could have hoped for. I had requested elegant and feminine with a understated Disney theme.
Gorgeous!!!

This is the cake I had made for my daughters 19th birthday. It was delivered to her at the Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea. It was even more beautiful then I could have hoped for. I had requested elegant and feminine with a understated Disney theme.

Wow! It is beautiful!

I need a gluten free cake for my son's 8th birthday. Should I order from Erin Mckenna or one of Disney's own bakeries? I've never had either, so I have no idea which one is better. We're cake snobs lol and love delicious, moist cakes which is hard to accomplish with gluten free flour.
Due to cross-contamination fears, I would probably say Erin McKenna's

This is the cake I had made for my daughters 19th birthday. It was delivered to her at the Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea. It was even more beautiful then I could have hoped for. I had requested elegant and feminine with a understated Disney theme. Total for the cake was $125.

That is Absolutely beautiful!!

Due to cross-contamination fears, I would probably say Erin McKenna's

I wouldn’t worry about cross contamination at Disney. They are excellent when dealing with food allergies.

However, I would recommend Erin McKenna’s based on taste. I’ve ordered from there and the Contemporary (gluten and dairy free). While the cake from the Contemporary was prettier, the cake from Erin McKenna’s was waaaaay better in taste. Taste trumps looks in my opinion!

I wouldn’t worry about cross contamination at Disney. They are excellent when dealing with food allergies.

However, I would recommend Erin McKenna’s based on taste. I’ve ordered from there and the Contemporary (gluten and dairy free). While the cake from the Contemporary was prettier, the cake from Erin McKenna’s was waaaaay better in taste. Taste trumps looks in my opinion!

Yes, but the GF bakery and others have told me that for my allergies they cannot guarantee no cross contamination because flour etc is in the air there.

Anyway, as far as Erin McKenna's goes, as long as one doesn't have an allergy to coconut or coconut based products you should be okay, they bake using a ton of coconut based products.

I LOVE this! What size did you order? And what was the flavor? My DD is having her 2 year old birthday at 1900 Park Fare, and I’ve only found one cake I like. I think I like this one better, because it is elegant. But I need it to be cheaper lol. I’m wondering if there is something I can cut to cut the price.

I'd like to order a 2-tier mini cake for my daughter's birthday to be served at Trattoria al Forno breakfast. Would I order this from Boardwalk Bakery or the Boardwalk Resort? Thanks!

I'd like to order a 2-tier mini cake for my daughter's birthday to be served at Trattoria al Forno breakfast. Would I order this from Boardwalk Bakery or the Boardwalk Resort? Thanks!

Call BoardWalk Inn Private Dining -- they're the ones who coordinate delivery. It's the number in Post #2.

Any other contact info for all star sports? Been trying since last week and no one has called me back. It’s for an arrival this weekend and I’m getting worried.

Any other contact info for all star sports? Been trying since last week and no one has called me back. It’s for an arrival this weekend and I’m getting worried.

Call the main number for the resort and explain what's happening, and that you need to be transferred to an actual person the food and beverage department.

So - one note from my conversations with Megan with Epcot Food & Beverage) (who has been exceedingly responsive and helpful is that any signatures on the cakes have to be approved by legal, and that requires a 21-day lead time. I've seen plenty of advice that says to start at around 3 weeks out so, caveat emptor, there. The signatures may end up on a card in my case, depending on how quickly legal gets back to Megan.

That said, the PB filling is doable, and I'm really excessively pleased by that. :)

Can I just ask, how did you manage to get PB filling? I'm working with someone else, I'm also eating at GG and I was told that they weren't able to do a PB filling!

Call the main number for the resort and explain what's happening, and that you need to be transferred to an actual person the food and beverage department.

Thanks for the reply.... sorry to be dense, which number? When I call the number at the start of this thread I only ever get a prompt to leave a message.

Thanks for the reply.... sorry to be dense, which number? When I call the number at the start of this thread I only ever get a prompt to leave a message.

That's OK! I meant the resort's main number—the one you get when you Google All-Star Sports. Even though they're all call centers now, they can transfer you directly to a real person at the resort. Looks like it is... (407) 939-5000

That's OK! I meant the resort's main number—the one you get when you Google All-Star Sports. Even though they're all call centers now, they can transfer you directly to a real person at the resort. Looks like it is... (407) 939-5000

thanks tried that. sadly 3 different CMs dumped me into the same voice mail. I'm going to give it until tonight. I may have to go to plan B which is to order it to a restaurant. This is my 3rd time ordering a cake and I've never had to chase my tail like this.

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.

I need a gluten free cake for my son's 8th birthday. Should I order from Erin Mckenna or one of Disney's own bakeries? I've never had either, so I have no idea which one is better. We're cake snobs lol and love delicious, moist cakes which is hard to accomplish with gluten free flour.

Just my own 2-cents...1. I have a friend with Celiacs and they order GF fondant cakes through the Grand Floridian Bakery every single trip. They have never had any issues and the cakes are always beautiful. 2. My older daughter has peanut and tree nut allergies and while I've had some concern from the bakeries, they've always done a great job of making cakes that she was able to eat. 3. (I know- I said 2 cents...not 3) I'm not a fan of the Erin McKenna cakes. The cakes I've seen just look so blah.

My original cake is a no go, so I finally started with cost and worked backwards.

Pat responded quickly and gave me several options for a six inch round cake. Most include a screen print. Does anyone have a picture of what that will look like? Is it flat on the cake or propped up?

My original cake is a no go, so I finally started with cost and worked backwards.

Pat responded quickly and gave me several options for a six inch round cake. Most include a screen print. Does anyone have a picture of what that will look like? Is it flat on the cake or propped up?

I had a screen print on the cake I ordered this past thanksgiving. It was flat. I was not too thrilled about going the screen print route but the baker dressed it up a bit by doing some festive piping and leaves around it. This was for dinner at trails end and it turned out really nice. I apologize for not having a pic, the kids got at it too quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts