Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to tell you (lurkyloo!) thank you for all the information.

I ended up changing my mind and decided to go with a mini cake for our arrival day (TOMORROW!!!) and surprise my family. We almost didn't get to go on this trip so I figured we deserved something special.

I emailed Contemporary yesterday with a detailed as possible email and my contact information. I just ordered a 2 Tier Mini Cake with Vanilla and Vanilla Butter Cream. Mickey and Minnie colors and theme, with the words "WE MADE IT" written on the board. They called me back this morning and have no problem with my last minute request. I can't even tell you how excited I am.

I will post a picture when I return!

I called the number to order a cake for Wilderness Lodge, Thanksgiving Day and had a return call within the hour! I will be surprising my husband with a mini cake of vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. After reading the posts, I am so excited for that evening to taste the cake. Thanks to all of you for your great posts regarding the ordering and suggestions of cakes!

Not sure if this was already shared on here, but I just emailed Magic Kingdom to request a custom cake for our BOG dinner during our honeymoon and this was in the auto-email back:

***Beginning December 15, 2016, cakes will no longer be available at Magic Kingdom Restaurants. If your reservation is past this date, please contact us closer to your travel dates as we are currently in the process of re-imagining new offerings. Chocolate and vanilla 6-inch cakes will still be available to order at the podium upon check-in (please note these cakes cannot be personalized)***

Just thought I'd share in case anyone was looking around for info on here with reservations past Dec 15unnamed.jpg

I'm very confused ...
I wanna ask if a cake can be delivered to be our guest during lunch hours (because I know that during lunch time the service is that early choice of food).
I believe 6 inch is the right size for my party of 5... but I wanna the birthday boy's name write on the cake ...it is possible?

Trying to order cakes for our Contemporary dinner which is less than 2 weeks away - been talking to the Contemporary since the beginning of this month and still can't get an 'okay we can do that' - I'm getting more of 'trademark/copy-write laws won't let us do that' for every idea I've had. So question: are there any Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, or Test Track cakes out there? I'd suggest Star Tours but I'm afraid that would give us the same 'Star Wars' cake we received two years ago.

Just wanted to post pics of our anniversary cake from last week. It was shockingly hard to get an Incredibles cake approved, surprisingly. But I finally got MK bakery to agree to using the "i" image on a yellow and red mini cake (they did offer a 2D image, but I didn't want to go that route). I was able to get peanut butter mousse filling and chocolate cake, which was divine. Total cost was $55, added to our bill at Skipper Canteen. We got lots of compliments on the cake, too, and hubby loved it.
image.jpg image.jpg

Just wanted to post pics of our anniversary cake from last week. It was shockingly hard to get an Incredibles cake approved, surprisingly. But I finally got MK bakery to agree to using the "i" image on a yellow and red mini cake (they did offer a 2D image, but I didn't want to go that route). I was able to get peanut butter mousse filling and chocolate cake, which was divine. Total cost was $55, added to our bill at Skipper Canteen. We got lots of compliments on the cake, too, and hubby loved it.
View attachment 201789 View attachment 201790

Dear God...peanut butter....yummy!

This sounds perfect to me - can't wait to see pics! I usually order the mini cakes cause we don't want to waste any, and I'm always in sticker shock. So cupcakes would be PERFECT for us. But now I'm reading this thread backwards and am I reading correctly that they won't be offering cupcakes in 2017? They really need options like that for people who don't want cakes. We'll be at Crystal Palace for my twins' bday and I'd love a fancy cupcake for each girl....

It's my understand that they are "reimagining" cakes at MK. I would contact them a few weeks before you travel since we don't know what they will offer after 12/15.

It's my understand that they are "reimagining" cakes at MK. I would contact them a few weeks before you travel since we don't know what they will offer after 12/15.

Hoping they reimagine some other types of creative cupcakes! Or a way to make a mini cake that isn't so expensive. I've ordered 6" in the past, but it's just too much cake for us and we waste it.

I leave for my trip on Friday. We have a chocolate cake with a Haunted Mansion theme being delivered to Hollywood Brown Derby on Monday. It's been relatively easy to set it up and I'm hoping it works out. If I don't post a picture while I'm down there I will post when I get back. I'm very excited.

View attachment 201789 View attachment 201790

I LOVE THIS CAKE!! I was looking to get a cake delivered to the California Grille on my husbands birthday on 11/26. Who did you go through for this?? It is so cute and I have to have it! Well done!

I LOVE THIS CAKE!! I was looking to get a cake delivered to the California Grille on my husbands birthday on 11/26. Who did you go through for this?? It is so cute and I have to have it! Well done!

She went through the Magic Kingdom cake hotline but you need to go through Contemporary Private Dining. The phone number is in Post #2. The same team will make your cake.

I want to order a cake for my 15th Anniversary. Does anyone know if they still do the anniversary cake with the Mickey and Minnie white chocolate topper on it? If they do who do I contact regarding ordering it? If you can also let me know the size of it that would be helpful also. Thank you. I'm going in December and think I need to order it pretty soon from somethings I have read.

I want to order a cake for my 15th Anniversary. Does anyone know if they still do the anniversary cake with the Mickey and Minnie white chocolate topper on it? If they do who do I contact regarding ordering it? If you can also let me know the size of it that would be helpful also. Thank you. I'm going in December and think I need to order it pretty soon from somethings I have read.

All cakes are custom-made except the Mickey head cake and podium cakes. There is no standard anniversary cake -- you would just send them a photo of what you want.

Who you contact depends on where you want the cake delivered. Post #2 has all the phone numbers, as well as the sizes and flavors offered.

Just received the confirmation for our 6-inch two layer vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse in the gold "Mickey's Delight" style for our BOG dinner in 3 weeks! I'm so excited and will post pictures here after our trip

To verify- I want to pick up a cake from Boardwalk Bakery, do I still call the Boardwalk Inn?

If you want any kind of custom decor or flavors, yes. If you call BoardWalk Bakery directly, they will whip out the basic order form and tell you that you can only have certain flavors and styles. If you call BoardWalk Private Dining, they will put you in touch with an actual pastry chef to customize the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter