** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. First trip out to DL (was supposed to be June, but now moved to Dec). 20th-26th @ Best Western Park Place. I'm really hoping this one sticks!!!

First trip to DL in 7 years, first trip ever for BF.
December 2-6 Tropicana.

looking forward to learning EVERYTHING!!

I currently have reservations for Friday the 18th through Tuesday the 22nd at Best Western PPI. Fingers Crossed! We were supposed to go at the end of July do celebrate our daughter's High School Graduation, but are hoping things will have opened up a bit more by December.

I currently have reservations for Friday the 18th through Tuesday the 22nd at Best Western PPI. Fingers Crossed! We were supposed to go at the end of July do celebrate our daughter's High School Graduation, but are hoping things will have opened up a bit more by December.

I've added you to the list! Congratulations to you daughter on her HS graduation!

We had December 1-6 at the Fairfield booked months before it all hit the fan. We still have the room but haven't booked airfare yet, playing a wait and see game. We have been to DW many times and visited DL for the first time last year and fell in love! I love Disney at Christmas and I was so excited. I really hope everything straightens out by then, I really want to be there :)

We had December 1-6 at the Fairfield booked months before it all hit the fan. We still have the room but haven't booked airfare yet, playing a wait and see game. We have been to DW many times and visited DL for the first time last year and fell in love! I love Disney at Christmas and I was so excited. I really hope everything straightens out by then, I really want to be there :)
It might be worth double checking the rate at Fairfield. Marriott properties around DL have had pretty dramatic rate reductions, might save you a bundle.

It might be worth double checking the rate at Fairfield. Marriott properties around DL have had pretty dramatic rate reductions, might save you a bundle.

Thank you! I will do that

I've added you to the list! I'm waiting on airfare, too. I'd like to see what the parks will be like before committing to a 7-day trip.

Third time is a charm, right?
First we were scheduled in May for DD's graduation trip.
Then I switched to week of Thanksgiving.
Now, after the academic calendar was changed to take the fall break away and just end classes earlier than normal, we are scheduled December 15 - 20th. (and surprisingly back to the same cost as the May trip, which was cheaper than November. LOL Staying at Fairfield Inn Main Gate)
Lord I hope these dates work out! Not only is it the first DL trip, it's a DL trip during Christmas when things look different and feel different. How much difference I don't know yet, but I'm going to be reading to find out. LOL

Now, after the academic calendar was changed to take the fall break away and just end classes earlier than normal, we are scheduled December 15 - 20th. (and surprisingly back to the same cost as the May trip, which was cheaper than November. LOL Staying at Fairfield Inn Main Gate)
Lord I hope these dates work out! Not only is it the first DL trip, it's a DL trip during Christmas when things look different and feel different. How much difference I don't know yet, but I'm going to be reading to find out. LOL

I love Christmas at DLR. I mean don't get me wrong I love all times at Disney but Christmas is magical. All of the yummy holiday foods, the decorations, the snow on Main street. It has such a great atmosphere. I booked a just in case trip for this December in case we decide to go for my daughter's birthday. We had to cancel our 10 year anniversary trip to Hawaii (August) so I might treat the family to Disneyland instead.

Just went ahead and purchased our flights via points. This is a reschedule from June. I have two reservations. One for a Paradise Pier pkg in case they give priority to on site guests and one for Desert Inn if we are lucky enough to stay off site. We prefer Desert Inn for the location and are thinking about purchasing tickets in case they block hotel and ticket sales like WDW when they make an opening announcement. Going December 1 -5th. Crossing fingers.

I've added you to the list! DL during Christmas has majority of the regular park experience with so much more. I love the castle lit up at night, IASW Holiday, and all the treats!

I guess it's a safe assumption that December trips will still have masks, etc. mandated, right?

I’m optimistically moving our trip up to Sept/Oct so you can take me off the list. I may be back if that optimism turns out to be a failed effort. ;)

I guess it's a safe assumption that December trips will still have masks, etc. mandated, right?
I'd say it's best to plan for it. No one knows how long the mask rule may be in place. The good news is it's much easier to use them in cooler weather!

I’m optimistically moving our trip up to Sept/Oct so you can take me off the list. I may be back if that optimism turns out to be a failed effort. ;)
I've taken you off the list. I really hope your Sep/Oct. trip works out! I'd hate to think of the parks being closed that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter