***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

Anyone on the Dining Plan get this message? I booked Teppan Edo for 12/3 with my Deluxe Dining Plan (2 credits) with no problem, but whenever I try to book Ale & Compass it says I can’t use credits. Thoughts on why?

Attachments

• B74B8EED-C822-4EFC-A09D-FECB5A7C8957.jpeg
    B74B8EED-C822-4EFC-A09D-FECB5A7C8957.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 23

Tried to get Trattoria CP breakfast last year and couldn't; same this year. I saw some availability the week of Christmas, but nothing else. Had planned for Garden Grill breakfast this year and now can't get that!! If I had known you could drop your meal and rebook as a CP meal, I would have booked a GG breakfast at 180 days. Oh well! I actually picked up a Trattoria breakfast this morning thanks to touring plans reservation finder. Do you think if I drop it, I can pick it up as a CP breakfast? Should I try calling Disney and asking them to "convert" it??

Anyone on the Dining Plan get this message? I booked Teppan Edo for 12/3 with my Deluxe Dining Plan (2 credits) with no problem, but whenever I try to book Ale & Compass it says I can’t use credits. Thoughts on why?
This was in my email confirmation for Ale and Compass.....
"Disney Dining Plans Accepted
This restaurant does not participate in a Disney Dining Plan."
I can't imagine that they don't take the dining plan though.

Tried to get Trattoria CP breakfast last year and couldn't; same this year. I saw some availability the week of Christmas, but nothing else. Had planned for Garden Grill breakfast this year and now can't get that!! If I had known you could drop your meal and rebook as a CP meal, I would have booked a GG breakfast at 180 days. Oh well! I actually picked up a Trattoria breakfast this morning thanks to touring plans reservation finder. Do you think if I drop it, I can pick it up as a CP breakfast? Should I try calling Disney and asking them to "convert" it??

This is exactly how I got my CP package. Had a regular bon voyage booked for 9:10am. Took a chance today to drop and grab as a CP package. Was so excited it showed up I never really paid attention to the show time. So after some more research, I dropped the CP package and picked it back up with the show time I wanted.
I will say, I noticed that only certain times are bookable for a CP package (I searched Christmas week and compared what was available as a regular reservation and what was available as a CP reservation). It appears that the later times are not bookable (one day had a 9ish reservation and 11ish and only the 9 was showing up as a CP).
I think if you are willing to take a chance, it’s worth it. I’d have someone else ready to pick up the regular reservation just in case.
Also...I did try calling Disney before my attempt but said it couldn’t be done

This is exactly how I got my CP package. Had a regular bon voyage booked for 9:10am. Took a chance today to drop and grab as a CP package. Was so excited it showed up I never really paid attention to the show time. So after some more research, I dropped the CP package and picked it back up with the show time I wanted.
I will say, I noticed that only certain times are bookable for a CP package (I searched Christmas week and compared what was available as a regular reservation and what was available as a CP reservation). It appears that the later times are not bookable (one day had a 9ish reservation and 11ish and only the 9 was showing up as a CP).
I think if you are willing to take a chance, it’s worth it. I’d have someone else ready to pick up the regular reservation just in case.
Also...I did try calling Disney before my attempt but said it couldn’t be done

Thank you for sharing this! I am definitely going to try it!!

Wanted to let any other interested person know that technically it worked. I dropped the reservation with the candlelight search preloaded in another window. I searched, saw the trattoria candlelight meal, clicked on it... and the site reloaded itself and then it was gone! I guess someone else picked up my reservation that quick!! Should have waited until like 3AM to do it, lol. Well, I have 4 months to find another one and try again!!

Edited to add it reappeared!! An hour later! I don’t know what happened, but I’m not complaining! I booked it as a candlelight package. I can’t believe it!! I’m so excited now lol

Last edited:
I have a question for those who have done the CP package before...

The price includes an appetizer, main dish, and dessert. Can we choose any of these off the menu or is there a special CP package prix fixe menu we have to choose from?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a question for those who have done the CP package before...

The price includes an appetizer, main dish, and dessert. Can we choose any of these off the menu or is there a special CP package prix fixe menu we have to choose from?

Thanks!
The menu is open. You will not be offered a special menu.

Wanted to let any other interested person know that technically it worked. I dropped the reservation with the candlelight search preloaded in another window. I searched, saw the trattoria candlelight meal, clicked on it... and the site reloaded itself and then it was gone! I guess someone else picked up my reservation that quick!! Should have waited until like 3AM to do it, lol. Well, I have 4 months to find another one and try again!!

Edited to add it reappeared!! An hour later! I don’t know what happened, but I’m not complaining! I booked it as a candlelight package. I can’t believe it!! I’m so excited now lol

That’s great! So glad you took the chance!

This was in my email confirmation for Ale and Compass.....
"Disney Dining Plans Accepted
This restaurant does not participate in a Disney Dining Plan."
I can't imagine that they don't take the dining plan though.
It appears they do accept it, because when you filter and choose “2018 deluxe dining plan,” it’s one of the options as a regular meal but not CP...I’m hoping it’s a glitch that will be fixed soon.

The menu is open. You will not be offered a special menu.
Depends actually, on where you booked, as Tokyo Dining has restricted menu. And you cannot get lobster entrees at any place. There are probably other restrictions (like Ale and Compass breakfast is buffet only).

What's your date? I have a GG breakfast for Dec 23 that I may drop. It's a 10:20 ADR for the 5pm show. I am waiting to see who narrator is. If you or anyone else here want me to corrdinate when I drop it so you can grab it...let me know?
Edit...see you got a CP breakfast already. So anyone else interested, let me know. And if it's a narrator we don't care about, we will be cancelling and can coordinate.

Depends actually, on where you booked, as Tokyo Dining has restricted menu. And you cannot get lobster entrees at any place. There are probably other restrictions (like Ale and Compass breakfast is buffet only).

WOW! For the cost, which keeps rising, I would imagine the options would at least remain the same. This year we booked CR, and have booked it for CP in prior years. I have always booked "traditional" TS meals for CP, at CR, SAI, and Al Forno, as well as Teppan Edu. If they had changed, and upped the price, I woudl be pretty peeved.

Thank you for the clarification.

Is it impossible to get a seat without the dining package? We'll be there on Thanksgiving Day if that makes a difference.

Is it impossible to get a seat without the dining package? We'll be there on Thanksgiving Day if that makes a difference.

I don’t know about impossible but probably pretty difficult and would likely involve several hours in line. I’ve seen people in line at lunchtime to try to see Neil Patrick Harris. I imagine holidays are pretty popular as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!