***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

So looking forward to doing this again this year! It was my fav thing last year! I booked Coral Reef the day the packages were released. Later, they announced the narraters, and we got Neil Patrick Harris! He was amazing! He was so "into it" and was even singing with the chorus.

Seeing him was a highlight of our trip!

Following. Also is the package price a set price? Or is there any discount for tables in Wonderland?

Following. Also is the package price a set price? Or is there any discount for tables in Wonderland?

Package price is a set price, but it's different at each restaurant and breakfast will have a different price from lunch/dinner at the restaurants that offer it.

Is this a good use of two TS credits? It seems you can get in standby without a problem.

Would there be a FP for this?

My trip is December 5-10, so In theory less crowded.

Last edited:

If you pay oop for the package, instead of using credits, what are the logistics? Is it just like getting a bill at a restaurant or do you prepayment in advance when you book? If you pay at the restaurant, how do the staff know itsi for the package rate as opposed to just eating standard fare? Does that make sense?

If you pay oop for the package, instead of using credits, what are the logistics? Is it just like getting a bill at a restaurant or do you prepayment in advance when you book? If you pay at the restaurant, how do the staff know itsi for the package rate as opposed to just eating standard fare? Does that make sense?

If it works as it has in years past, there is no pre-payment. You pay at the restaurant. They will likely confirm the package when you check in at the podium and your server likely will again. If they don't for some reason, you should mention you're doing the package. After your meal, you will get a badge/sticker to put on your shirt that allows you entrance to the theater. I think all restaurants might handle slightly differently - for example two years ago I got the sticker/ticket right from my server at the end of the meal but last year at Via Napoli they had me visit the podium again with my receipt to get the sticker/ticket.

Is this a good use of two TS credits? It seems you can get in standby without a problem.

Would there be a FP for this?

My trip is December 5-10, so In theory less crowded.

Use of credits depends on your restaurant, and what meal you chose. It's a toss up IMO.

As to stand by, that also depends on which narrator, what seating, what day, the mood of the crowds, and the sun the moon and the stars. If I want to see the show I book a package. If I am ambivalent I do not. FOr instance, I want to see Trace Atkins. I am booking a package and getting into the line plenty early. If my family wants to dawdle, they can do so, I'll catch them at the end of the show. That line is going to be long, no matter stand by or dinner package.

I will probably stop by one night and just watch from outside, and that night I will not care if I am in a seat because the Lorne was short enough, or if I see the show from teh outside, and just enjoy the music. You need to decide what you really are interested in, and if the narrator that night is popular, then determine the value of a package and your time. The time is key: you make a commitment to dinner, and a line.

My mom and I will be there from Nov. 23 to Dec. 2 our very first time for Christmas and we are so excited. We are planning on doing Teppan Edo for dinner and hoping to get tickets for CP for the last show of the day.

So Im watching this thread like a hawk lol

Does that mean Illuminations will be pushed back to 9:30 on Thanksgiving? That might influence our timing for Thanksgiving dinner.

Touring plans has Illuminations listed at 9:30p.m. for Thanksgiving, so I think you might be right...

Reactions: CJN
So, the processional dining package takes two credits. Is it just me but this doesn't seem like a good use of credits for two adults. Seems like they would be better off paying oop, am I right? We will have free dining credits for part of our split stay, but they also have other high ticket items on their list that also take 2 credits (boathouse, CRT, and California grill).
That's how I do it!

Planning to go on November 28 and am hoping for a Garden Grill breakfast package. Does anyone know how quick the breakfast packages sell out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!