***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

Is this event bleacher type seating? As in no back to where you sit? If there are people who actually need to sit with their back against something, would that be doable? Do they have such areas?
There are backs in the theater

amgarthe_1_998.jpg

Following along ... can’t wait for these to come out. Our trip is over Thanksgiving and we need to book one of the very first shows!

Thanks, @PolyRob ! I didn't remember the backs on the seats and just saw bleachers in my mind's eye. Glad to know PP may still be able to make it.

May have to pass on then. Or just plan for an extra dose of pain medication for what I would endure after the show.

Hope you see the above picture. Sorry I was remembering incorrectly.

You need to book the package when that option comes out. The packages are usually released before the full list of narrators is out, so I just pick the best day for me & hope for someone good. A dining package is different from an ADR and I don't believe that you can turn an ADR into a package, it needs to be booked that way. But I could be wrong.
So just to clarify that I have this correct....I won't make my dining reservation at the 180 day mark for the day I want to do CP. I will wait until the summer when the packages are released?

So just to clarify that I have this correct....I won't make my dining reservation at the 180 day mark for the day I want to do CP. I will wait until the summer when the packages are released?

Correct. You need a CP Package reservation and you can't just take a regular ADR and turn it into that.

Yes, this si how it works. You will notice that there are quite a few restaurants that seem to have limited availability, but that is because they are the ones that participate in the CP dinner package.

I always make our ADR's and will make one for the days we plan to attend the CP, however as soon as the package is released I make adjustments, drop one of the Epcot dinners and add CP to our list. I like knowing I have a plan in place 180 days out, but then the changes begin in July....if I have a choice of speakers on our trip the decisions!!!!!!

Right! And I always book mine when the packages are released, I don't wait for the narrators to be announced. That way if I get a really good narrator for my day(s), I already have it booked & don't have to fight the rush to see NPH or whoever.

I don't care about who the narrator is, I think. I would like to get in on a breakfast meal because it would be more affordable. Have never ate at the Garden Grill and would love to try there. So do you pay in full when you book it? Can you cancel or change it up before hand? And is there a more desired time in which show to view?

I don't care about who the narrator is, I think. I would like to get in on a breakfast meal because it would be more affordable. Have never ate at the Garden Grill and would love to try there. So do you pay in full when you book it? Can you cancel or change it up before hand? And is there a more desired time in which show to view?
You do not pay in full when reserving. You pay day of at the restaurant. The cancellation is 48-hours rather than the traditional 24. You can change/cancel like normal ADRs.

I like the middle show since the sun is pretty much gone, but its not too dark and I still have plenty of time to scope out a good IllumiNations spot.

Did anyone do Ale & Compass for the package last year? The dinner option looks like a fairly decent deal, especially with the
Coastal Clambake.

Following!!! My mom and I are going to be there Dec 1-7, and this is something she's really looking forward to!!! Never been during the holidays before, so we're really excited!!!

Yes, this si how it works. You will notice that there are quite a few restaurants that seem to have limited availability, but that is because they are the ones that participate in the CP dinner package.

I always make our ADR's and will make one for the days we plan to attend the CP, however as soon as the package is released I make adjustments, drop one of the Epcot dinners and add CP to our list. I like knowing I have a plan in place 180 days out, but then the changes begin in July....if I have a choice of speakers on our trip the decisions!!!!!!
Oh ok, got it. So you make an ADR just in case, but then cancel it once you figure out your CP package.

I like the middle show since the sun is pretty much gone, but its not too dark and I still have plenty of time to scope out a good IllumiNations spot.

My folks will also be doing the Yuletide Fantasy tour, which I think ends at Epcot, most likely staying at Epcot for the remainder of the day. Based on the timing and location of the end of YFT, are there any specific recommendations for which shows/meals are out of the question? Like, if YFT finishes around noon (I am not sure), would it be a massive rush to eat the meal that comes with particular afternoon shows? Make sense?

My folks will also be doing the Yuletide Fantasy tour, which I think ends at Epcot, most likely staying at Epcot for the remainder of the day. Based on the timing and location of the end of YFT, are there any specific recommendations for which shows/meals are out of the question? Like, if YFT finishes around noon (I am not sure), would it be a massive rush to eat the meal that comes with particular afternoon shows? Make sense?
I would think the second or third show would allow more flexibility. The first show was 5:45 last year so to arrive at Epcot, head to a meal, eat, and get in line could feel a little rushed. The package will get them a seat, but people still get in line early for that to get better seats.

So looking forward to doing this again this year! It was my fav thing last year! I booked Coral Reef the day the packages were released. Later, they announced the narraters, and we got Neil Patrick Harris! He was amazing! He was so "into it" and was even singing with the chorus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts