OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

SUNDAY UPDATE, Refresh for latest…: With an estimated $2,188.7M through Sunday, Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame has sailed past Titanic to become the No. 2 movie ever worldwide. The same goes for overseas where Endgame is now No. 2 with a running cume of $1.569B. That’s after grossing a further $282.2M at the international box office in the sophomore session. Both globally and offshore, Endgame is still led by only Avatar.

I'm all for having Avengers be ahead of Titanic, but I do think it's worth mentioning these do not include inflation, where Titanic would be around $3.5 billion in today's money IIRC

Per that Russo Bro interview posted on Reddit, a snap cannot undo the price of the soul stone, so the 2018+ Gamora was lost forever to the soul stone that Thanos acquired. (Same with 2024+ Black Widow).

But that is interesting thinking about others snapped ... but the Avengers killed most, if not all of Thanos’ army in IW.
I saw that but I have to wonder, is their say the end all be all, final word on all things MCU? I've been wondering that

I saw that but I have to wonder, is their say the end all be all, final word on all things MCU? I've been wondering that

Yeah...I mean a Macguffin like the Infinity Gauntlet can do whatever it needs to do for story purposes. It is supposed to grant absolute omnipotence, so I just imagine that it is up to the bearer to know that and to know how to do things. If the right story comes along, they can undo anything they need to.

I'm all for having Avengers be ahead of Titanic, but I do think it's worth mentioning these do not include inflation, where Titanic would be around $3.5 billion in today's money IIRC

That is a good point.

I will say Titanic 1997 wasn't up against the amount of available content as there is today, streaming, gaming, cell phones with full internet and streaming, affordable 60 inch home theatres etc.

Per that Russo Bro interview posted on Reddit, a snap cannot undo the price of the soul stone, so the 2018+ Gamora was lost forever to the soul stone that Thanos acquired. (Same with 2024+ Black Widow).

But that is interesting thinking about others snapped ... but the Avengers killed most, if not all of Thanos’ army in IW.

agree about the future Gamora that died for the soul stone - but wasn't sure about the one from the past that came forward and is now in a different timeline - how does that impact that one?

Yeah...I mean a Macguffin like the Infinity Gauntlet can do whatever it needs to do for story purposes. It is supposed to grant absolute omnipotence, so I just imagine that it is up to the bearer to know that and to know how to do things. If the right story comes along, they can undo anything they need to.

yeah, it's a comic book movie - I am sure if they ever need the Gamora or Black Widow that died for the soul stone back they can figure out a way to do it .... though I would hope at least for Gamora they have a plan for her to be in the future movies without having to "undo" that right away given what they have said

agree about the future Gamora that died for the soul stone - but wasn't sure about the one from the past that came forward and is now in a different timeline - how does that impact that one?
They don't impact each other, per the rules they set, nothing that has happened in the past can be changed. So that Gamora lost to the soul stone is gone, and I do believe the Past Gamora who is now present will be what the focus will be on for ASGuardians of the Galaxy 3 :D

I believe, since she changed sides, and helped there at the end, she was no longer "part of Thanos' army" and as such, wasn't killed when they snapped he and his minion's away.
I haven't an answer as to where she is specifically other than she is alone, not really belonging anywhere right now, until she gets to know people in this time.

seems to be unclear - we don't know the specifics of what Tony's "snap" was - did he snap just those loyal to Thanos or anyone he thought was on his side, etc.?

I can't see the (As)Guardians of the Galaxy without her - so I suspect Part 3 is them searching for her - towards the end of Endgame showed Quill having the ship's computer search for her

I think GoT 3 will focus on two things:

1) The search for Gamora.

2) The Sovereign trying to hunt down the Guardians. With what I'm assuming is Adam Warlock from the GoT 2 post credit scene.

In the comics Adam Warlock possessed the Soul Stone so if that comes into play they could also play some kind of spin with the Gamora that was sacrificed for the Soul Stone.

I think the addition of Thor to the mix was because he has great chemistry with the Guardians crew, but also they need a more powerful Guardian to have any chance against someone like Adam Warlock.

I think GoT 3 will focus on two things:

1) The search for Gamora.

2) The Sovereign trying to hunt down the Guardians. With what I'm assuming is Adam Warlock from the GoT 2 post credit scene.

In the comics Adam Warlock possessed the Soul Stone so if that comes into play they could also play some kind of spin with the Gamora that was sacrificed for the Soul Stone.

I think the addition of Thor to the mix was because he has great chemistry with the Guardians crew, but also they need a more powerful Guardian to have any chance against someone like Adam Warlock.
I wonder....
First I am stretching here, so bear with me....
1) What if what Thor warned of in the first avenger's movie is true? - that use of the Tesseract will bring new attention to the Earth and attract others.....
2) if #1 is correct, what do you think those Snaps did with IW? Not to mention the vacuum left with all the Chitari(sp?) now gone, and other supporters of Thanos?

I wonder if THAT is what the GotG will lead to...yes I do think Gamora or the search of it will be involved, but I have also seen rumors of Beta Rey Bill joining as well as others.....not to mention Adam Warlock.
The key to me will be:
1) What the multiverse inferences gets opened in Far from Home.
2) What the Eternals bring.....
3) What GotG encounter in their search for Gamora...

It has long been rumored that the next phase for Marvel will be space and...other worldly? Focused.
It opens up for rumors of Namor joining Dr. Strange in #2 of his story, and the heading to the Illuminati(Strange, Namor, Reed Richards, Tony(now dead :( ) and I believe Black Panther).

All kinds of fun to start.

I wonder....
1) What if what Thor warned of in the first avenger's movie is true? - that use of the Tesseract will bring new attention to the Earth and attract others.....
2) if #1 is correct, what do you think those Snaps did with IW? Not to mention the vacuum left with all the Chitari(sp?) now gone, and other supporters of Thanos?

I wonder if THAT is what the GotG will lead to...yes I do think Gamora or the search of it will be involved, but I have also seen rumors of Beta Rey Bill joining as well as others.....not to mention Adam Warlock.
The key to me will be:

It has long been rumored that the next phase for Marvel will be space and...other worldly? Focused.
It opens up for rumors of Namor joining Dr. Strange in #2 of his story, and the heading to the Illuminati(Strange, Namor, Reed Richards, Tony(now dead :( ) and I believe Black Panther).

At some point they will have to address what's left of Xandar as well. Hopefully leading to a real Nova Corps.

I've read one interview with Joe Russo who basically said Cap who went back in time to be with Peggy created a different timeline and then read this weekend a interview done by Fandango with Chris Markus and Stephen McFeely (writers) who say Cap went back and lived with Peggy in current timeline....so the writers and directors can't even agree on what happened.

I wonder....

The key to me will be:

Plus with using the Snap on Earth doesn't that release a lot of gamma radiation? So what does that due to the people of Earth? Could it lead to the rise of New Mutants?

So much for ANY questions regarding MCU and their addressing of a multiverse, LOL
Or rather not addressing it

The multiverse makes it really easy to explain why we've got the sudden appearance of characters who have adimantium claws or can shoot lasers out of their eyes when we've never seen them before.

At some point they will have to address what's left of Xandar as well. Hopefully leading to a real Nova Corps.
You mean Nova himself yes? If I remember the story line, he became a thing once Xandar and the Nova Core were destroyed....

You mean Nova himself yes? If I remember the story line, he became a thing once Xandar and the Nova Core were destroyed....

Was there not a few Nova's just like the Green Lantern's for DC? I think I have some old Nova comics in a box somewhere, I'll have to dig them out. I think I might even have Nova #1. It's not in good shape so not worth anything, but I think I have it somewhere.

And adjusted for inflation, Gone With the Wind (1.82B) has around 50% more domestic box office than Titanic (1.22B) :)

Was there not a few Nova's just like the Green Lantern's for DC? I think I have some old Nova comics in a box somewhere, I'll have to dig them out. I think I might even have Nova #1. It's not in good shape so not worth anything, but I think I have it somewhere.
So yes, my remembrance and this is quite a few years, was the nova core was destroyed and the one last Nova Core member whose name escapes me goes to Earth and gives a teenager his power, and he then becomes Nova on earth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts