OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

Alright, obviously I am late to the party but finally saw it (just back from the theater)

All in all I think the did a pretty phenomenal job culminating a story that has rolled through 22 movies and did so with enough u predictability that it felt pretty fresh (even of the outcome was never really in doubt - more how we got there)

Wouldn't mind seeing if the Academy Awardsgave the Russos or Kevin Feige a special recognition award (sport of like what Walt got for Snow White)

I don't think most of us were complaining. Rteetz had asked what we all thought of the female empowerment moment in the final battle and everyone was just answering with their opinion.

I said it did seem a little forced, but I enjoyed it anyway. No complaints here. I absolutely loved the entire movie.

About what I felt on the scene - a bit forced but still really fun and was nice it was the other women trying to help Captain Marvel get to her goal ... not a bad thing to show women helping each other advance

I enjoyed Ghostbusters and didn't care one whit about it being an all-female lead cast BUT I didn't associate the movie that way--other people did that. So IMO they don't represent the same opinions. I didn't care for the ensemble moment in Endgame but had zero problems with an all-female lead cast with Ghostbusters.

I was anti the Ghostbuster's reboot at first as it felt like they were doing "hey, let's redo it it women as that is the "in thing" to do and we can capitalize on that" and just seemed forced ....

But then I saw it and actually enjoyed it and was just a fun and entertaining movie - the sex of the main actors not really impacting that

About what I felt on the scene - a bit forced but still really fun and was nice it was the other women trying to help Captain Marvel get to her goal ... not a bad thing to show women helping each other advance
They had the same type of fight scene (well women fighting and showing solidarity) though in Infinity Wars- "She's not alone" is quite a powerful statement.

From Infinity Wars:

Now there weren't as many women in the fight scene compared to Endgame but that seems quite ok given all of what was going on at the time in Infinity Wars.

The fight aspect was never an issue to me or felt forced to me. It was the pose they did before the fight that felt forced and came off very cheesy to me personally which is why I said it would have been better for them to just come one by one attacking Thanos OR come in unison but that's purely my opinion.

I was greatly sadden and quite shocked by Black Widow but I didn't cry. I did cry when Iron Man. I think that more or less had to do with knowing his whole journey. Black Widow, while an important character, didn't quite have that emotional punch as Iron Man did for me. Maybe that's because we didn't have her origin stories to start with. That said I knew Iron Man was going to die and was actually dreading for quite a long time seeing that. It didn't stop me from getting emotional though :sad1:

Black Widow scene did get me - maybe just knowing a bit of her backstory and the teases they gave of what her prior life were enough. I am ok with it not having been fully spelled out but can also understand why it maybe was a bit flat for other people

Still think the scenes that get me the most are the ones with Tony and Peter and also the ending with Cap and Peggy totally got me (I speculated that could be something that could happen but honestly was more of a "hope" than something I thought they would do so was super glad to see it .... we loved the Agent Carter show so have grown to love that character as well as Cap)

They had the same type of fight scene (well women fighting and showing solidarity) though in Infinity Wars- "She's not alone" is quite a powerful statement.

From Infinity Wars:

Now there weren't as many women in the fight scene compared to Endgame but that seems quite ok given all of what was going on at the time in Infinity Wars.

The fight aspect was never an issue to me or felt forced to me. It was the pose they did before the fight that felt forced and came off very cheesy to me personally which is why I said it would have been better for them to just come one by one attacking Thanos OR come in unison but that's purely my opinion.

Definitely get that about the pose with all of them ... could have done just a few for that and then more join in during the scene as it player out and maybe had a more natural feel to it

Alright, obviously I am late to the party but finally saw it (just back from the theater)

All in all I think the did a pretty phenomenal job culminating a story that has rolled through 22 movies and did so with enough u predictability that it felt pretty fresh (even of the outcome was never really in doubt - more how we got there)

Wouldn't mind seeing if the Academy Awardsgave the Russos or Kevin Feige a special recognition award (sport of like what Walt got for Snow White)
I agree I think Marvel should get some sort of recognition for what they pulled off.

Black Widow scene did get me - maybe just knowing a bit of her backstory and the teases they gave of what her prior life were enough. I am ok with it not having been fully spelled out but can also understand why it maybe was a bit flat for other people

Still think the scenes that get me the most are the ones with Tony and Peter and also the ending with Cap and Peggy totally got me (I speculated that could be something that could happen but honestly was more of a "hope" than something I thought they would do so was super glad to see it .... we loved the Agent Carter show so have grown to love that character as well as Cap)
Ugh yes Peter and Tony gah that got me feeling too. I'm interested in how they will have Peter deal with his loss in his upcoming movie.

One of my fav Marvel movies is actually Captain America: The First Avenger but despite that I never watched Agent Carter. I may need to go seek that out because I did really like her character too.

not a bad thing to show women helping each other advance

Yeah. This is my two cents.
No one who knows me IRL would ever call me a feminist, but I’m all about standing up with a peer or for a good cause. I loved this flash if only to remind me there are some other characters to get to know better now that Nat and Ironman are gone.

Last edited:
SUNDAY UPDATE, Refresh for latest…: With an estimated $2,188.7M through Sunday, Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame has sailed past Titanic to become the No. 2 movie ever worldwide. The same goes for overseas where Endgame is now No. 2 with a running cume of $1.569B. That’s after grossing a further $282.2M at the international box office in the sophomore session. Both globally and offshore, Endgame is still led by only Avatar.

Ugh yes Peter and Tony gah that got me feeling too. I'm interested in how they will have Peter deal with his loss in his upcoming movie.

One of my fav Marvel movies is actually Captain America: The First Avenger but despite that I never watched Agent Carter. I may need to go seek that out because I did really like her character too.

I'm a big Hayley Atwell fan so I might be biased but its a really good series and definitely worth the watch, especially if you liked The First Avenger.

Just saw the movie last night...really enjoyed it. My daughter asked me, what happened to Gamora at the end? She wasnt on the guardians ship. I wasnt sure if we missed something, but after seeing her kick Quinn in the fellas didn't see her again.

Just saw the movie last night...really enjoyed it. My daughter asked me, what happened to Gamora at the end? She wasnt on the guardians ship. I wasnt sure if we missed something, but after seeing her kick Quinn in the fellas didn't see her again.

We aren't sure yet. Quill was searching for her on his ship at the end.

seems to be unclear - we don't know the specifics of what Tony's "snap" was - did he snap just those loyal to Thanos or anyone he thought was on his side, etc.?

I can't see the (As)Guardians of the Galaxy without her - so I suspect Part 3 is them searching for her - towards the end of Endgame showed Quill having the ship's computer search for her

SUNDAY UPDATE, Refresh for latest…: With an estimated $2,188.7M through Sunday, Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame has sailed past Titanic to become the No. 2 movie ever worldwide. The same goes for overseas where Endgame is now No. 2 with a running cume of $1.569B. That’s after grossing a further $282.2M at the international box office in the sophomore session. Both globally and offshore, Endgame is still led by only Avatar.

#1 and #2 both starring Zoe Saldana
yay!

seems to be unclear - we don't know the specifics of what Tony's "snap" was - did he snap just those loyal to Thanos or anyone he thought was on his side, etc.?

I can't see the (As)Guardians of the Galaxy without her - so I suspect Part 3 is them searching for her - towards the end of Endgame showed Quill having the ship's computer search for her
Per that Russo Bro interview posted on Reddit, a snap cannot undo the price of the soul stone, so the 2018+ Gamora was lost forever to the soul stone that Thanos acquired. (Same with 2024+ Black Widow).

But that is interesting thinking about others snapped ... but the Avengers killed most, if not all of Thanos’ army in IW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!