OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

TheMaxRebo

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Seem like a number of us enjoy discussing the latest Endgame trailer that dropped but I think got to the point that we needed to take it out of the News and Rumors Thread ... so figured might as well start the official thread for the movie

We can discuss the trailer and our theories for now - and when the movie comes out we can discuss it here.

Note, at that point this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS - so feel free to share them after you see the movie

For those that haven't seen it yet, here is the latest Endgame Trailer

Thanks for starting this! I've only seen the trailer once so I'll definitely need to watch it a few more times.

Does anyone have theories around why the red stood out during the black and white sections of the trailer? Also all signs point to no more Iron Man. Thoughts??

As for the red, it could just be a style choice, to make those scenes more artistic. And Marvel's color (of the logo, etc.) seems to be red, so might simply be that

Red also denotes blood and suffering and dying, so there is that connction

or maybe it all goes back to Red Skull!!!!

I wondered that too. The first thought I had was the reality stone was red, but that would suggest to me the snap wasn't real and Thanos testing what it would really do. But if Disney/Marvel did that it be cheap and against the entire development of Thanos. So I threw that thought out of my mind since I think the snap was for sure real. Or major explainable plot twist who we think is Dead

Also Red is stylistically used in the Marvel movies to connect the color to Marvel, which likely the reason, IMO.

So watching this trailer, I take it Captain Marvel comes back and actually wants to help after 30 years (didn't just toss the pager). Hmm wonder if she asks if Fury is OK (who she only knew a few days) and tries to help.

Yet after 35 years (about the same), Luke doesn't even ask about his best friend and all they had been through, and has no desire to help. Even though he actually created the Villain, that was killing all the resistance fighters (and Han) and supporting ships/weapons-while he hid in a cave.

So watching this trailer, I take it Captain Marvel comes back and actually wants to help after 30 years (didn't just toss the pager). Hmm wonder if she asks if Fury is OK (who she only knew a few days) and tries to help.

Yet after 35 years (about the same), Luke doesn't even ask about his best friend and all they had been through, and has no desire to help. Even though he actually created the Villain, that was killing all the resistance fighters (and Han) and supporting ships/weapons-while he hid in a cave.

You didn't stay for the post credit scene's at Captain Marvell?

The Captain Marvel mid-credits scene answers your 1st paragraph.
Carol answers the pager, and her 1st words are “where’s Fury?”

I don't think the red has anything to do with the story. The whole idea of this trailer is to send chill's down your spine and get you excited while offering absolutely no clues as to what happens in the movie.

And they succeeded!!

Like has the Force and already knows

Captain Marvel does not

you never know - seems a lot of speculation about time travel and maybe even plucking the right time period version of each character and I don't know, all sorts of stuff

But would be a touching ending for Cap, instead of dying, is "returned in time" and end his story in the arms of Peggy

... and i am sure we are like 3 posts away from Rteetz telling us to take the Avengers talk out of the News thread ;)
(Quote taken from News)
I’m trying to prepare myself that your Peggy reunion idea may be the best case scenario for Cap’s last scene.
(Chris Evans the actor tweeted that this was his last MCU movie when he wrapped up filming)

Like has the Force and already knows

Captain Marvel does not

Then he knows everybody (including his sister) was being destroyed (because of him) while sat around whining as well.

(Quote taken from News)
I’m trying to prepare myself that your Peggy reunion idea may be the best case scenario for Cap’s last scene.
(Chris Evans the actor tweeted that this was his last MCU movie when he wrapped up filming)

As someone who I feel is one of the few people that actually really like the First Avenger and someone who enjoyed Agemt Carter - my speculation is very much based on what I hope happens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!