OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

I agree with you and so did Aaron and actually my sister-in-law and her boyfriend.

People clapped at that moment and while I got why it felt thrown just for kicks. To me it would have had much more of an impact if they were just one by one (or in unison) coming up and fighting Thanos but it lost the moment if you will by making it IMO a cheesy, thrown in because, moment when they were grouped together and posed for a moment. I rolled my eyes to be honest.

I don't know if the others I was with would agree on the Infinity Wars fight being better as we didn't discuss that but I just rewatched that scene on YouTube and completely agree with you. That scene felt natural whereas Endgame felt forced.
I know this has been talked about entirely too much already but it's strange to me how many people are complaining about this 10 second fan service sequence in the movie. There were multiple times during that last battle where characters just stood around and made jokes or small talk or when spiderman and Tony hugged. Those were completely unrealistic during a battle to save the planet, but I don't see complaints about those 'being forced' or taking you out of the movie. The whole movie was fan service and 'forcing' moments. One of the moments featured all the female heroes and that's the only one people are upset about.

I know this has been talked about entirely too much already but it's strange to me how many people are complaining about this 10 second fan service sequence in the movie. There were multiple times during that last battle where characters just stood around and made jokes or small talk or when spiderman and Tony hugged. Those were completely unrealistic during a battle to save the planet, but I don't see complaints about those 'being forced' or taking you out of the movie. The whole movie was fan service and 'forcing' moments. One of the moments featured all the female heroes and that's the only one people are upset about.
Complaining? I'm sorry I didn't realize me sharing my opinion equated to complaining :confused3

FWIW it had nothing to do with it being all female good lord not everyone thinks like that :)

I kind of thought the same, but she's getting her own movie so most likely they left what would have been more of her story for that movie.
I have seen a theory that she will actually be brought back and the movie won't be a prequel though I don't believe it. The theory is that when Cap returns the soul stone, it works in reverse and he can bring a soul back in exchange.

Complaining? I'm sorry I didn't realize me sharing my opinion equated to complaining :confused3

FWIW it had nothing to do with it being all female good lord not everyone thinks like that :)
I only quoted your post because it was the most recent post about it after reading through the thread. I didn't mean you specifically were complaining as much as I've seen from others. For some, it absolutely is because they were female. All I'm saying is this movie clearly set out to please the entire fan base, everyone had their moment. They give the female heroes a few seconds and some people on the internet lost their minds (not you).

I don't think most of us were complaining. Rteetz had asked what we all thought of the female empowerment moment in the final battle and everyone was just answering with their opinion.

I said it did seem a little forced, but I enjoyed it anyway. No complaints here. I absolutely loved the entire movie.

I only quoted your post because it was the most recent post about it after reading through the thread. I didn't mean you specifically were complaining as much as I've seen from others. For some, it absolutely is because they were female. All I'm saying is this movie clearly set out to please the entire fan base, everyone had their moment. They give the female heroes a few seconds and some people on the internet lost their minds (not you).
Gotcha. I think perhaps those voices might be the loudest they just don't represent every voice :)

I have seen a theory that she will actually be brought back and the movie won't be a prequel though I don't believe it. The theory is that when Cap returns the soul stone, it works in reverse and he can bring a soul back in exchange.

Joe Russo said Nat’s Dead dead and anyone that died for the Soul Stone can’t be brought back, I’m afraid.

I don't think most of us were complaining. Rteetz had asked what we all thought of the female empowerment moment in the final battle and everyone was just answering with their opinion.

I said it did seem a little forced, but I enjoyed it anyway. No complaints here. I absolutely loved the entire movie.
Yeah, I should have clarified that I just wanted to get that opinion out there and wasn't necessarily directed at anyone on here. It was driving me crazy that so many 'feminism ruined this movie' posts were all over other forums and Reddit and I was surprised to see discussion of the sequence here as well.

Joe Russo said Nat’s Dead dead and anyone that died for the Soul Stone can’t be brought back, I’m afraid.
Ah, well there goes that fan theory. I wonder how they are going to pull off prequels and tv shows that take place prior to Endgame. Going backwards could feel small in comparison and low stakes, or unimportant. But I'm not counting them out considering what they've put together with this universe. I remember people laughing at the thought of the Antman character being used, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I should have clarified that I just wanted to get that opinion out there and wasn't necessarily directed at anyone on here. It was driving me crazy that so many 'feminism ruined this movie' posts were all over other forums and Reddit and I was surprised to see discussion of the sequence here as well.

Yeah, I don't read Reddit or any of the other forums. To much negativity about everything on there. Everybody has something to complain about these days.

I remember people laughing at the thought of the Antman character being used, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I remember when people were campaigning on Twitter etc for a Black Widow movie instead of an Ant-Man movie when it was first announced.

I think the perfect time for a Black Widow movie would have been between AoU and Ant-Man tbh We got hints of Natasha’s backstory in AoU through the nightmare vision that Wanda gave her so I think it would have flowed better releasing it then instead of after she’s dead in universe.

Black Widow has been my favorite all along, and Ironman bumped Cap from number two spot in Civil War. Losing both was crushing for me.

But - for as much as I love Nat, how will I get excited about her movie when she's dead now? Would it be nice to know her story more? Not so sure I can care that much after she's gone.
I think it was a full on mistake killing her. But, hey, I don't make movies for a living. :p

No one is dead in a comic universe if the actor, writer, director, and producer want them to be alive.

They can bring her back, and if Johansson wants to be in future movies, I'm sure they would.

They could just grab her from an alternate timeline, like Nebula and Cap, and that would make Russo still correct that they can't get her back from the soul stone sacrifice.

As I said to DH: "It's a great poster shot!"

Sure, it was a bit out of 'flow' for a battle scene, but I have no complaints. It was definitely worth the moment.

As for Black Widow, I still want to see the backstory. Look at the Star Wars prequels. - We all knew where various characters would end up, but we still showed up in droves to find out how.

I'm going to say this with my flame suit on so I'm prepared for everything that comes my way. I feel the same way about a Black Widow origin story/prequel as I did Solo....its a movie we(maybe just me?) don't need. Now I'll also admit I enjoyed Solo but I honestly would have preferred Lucasfilm used the Solo budget and resources on another project. I've got enough back story on Black Widow (who I really like as a character, same as Han) throughout the past films. The rest I can imagine myself. I don't want to see Budapest....lets leave that up to mystery. Same as I didn't need to see Han as a Imperial soldier. I feel like these characters worked better with a bit of mystery where us fans could head cannon what they were like in their past. Will I go see it? Same as Solo, absolutely. But I kinda wish they weren't making it.

I'm going to say this with my flame suit on so I'm prepared for everything that comes my way. I feel the same way about a Black Widow origin story/prequel as I did Solo....its a movie we(maybe just me?) don't need. Now I'll also admit I enjoyed Solo but I honestly would have preferred Lucasfilm used the Solo budget and resources on another project. I've got enough back story on Black Widow (who I really like as a character, same as Han) throughout the past films. The rest I can imagine myself. I don't want to see Budapest....lets leave that up to mystery. Same as I didn't need to see Han as a Imperial soldier. I feel like these characters worked better with a bit of mystery where us fans could head cannon what they were like in their past. Will I go see it? Same as Solo, absolutely. But I kinda wish they weren't making it.

Well if even those that wish they weren't making it, but will absolutely still go-I think we know why their making it.

Glad to see SJ get a big pay day.

Last edited:
The female fight scene was great but way too short. Tells me there will be a movie coming up with a bunch of the women. Should be a really great movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter