OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

Hmm I missed that one. Geez, that might have been a misstep, putting the Spiderman trailer out so soon.

At C Marvel, our first trailer was that old End Game, followed immediately by Spiderman. Just seemed so in your face stupid to me.

I mean I had seen both before but still.

eta: Then again, our theatre has been doing this dumb idea of showing the clips from the movie we are about to see-before the movie. Usually then some kind of thank you from the stars of the movie. Hate that.

ALREADY DEAD?
Loki
Gamora
Vision

DEAD 100%
Ironman
Cap: either dead or taken off the table

SAFE 100%
Black Widow: still has a rumored stand alone movie, she prob won't die
Black Panther: has got to have more movies coming
Spiderman: already has another movie
Starlord: GOTG 3
Captain Marvel: just introduced, they won't kill her off

PROBABLY SAFE
Hawkeye: just not important enough to have that big an impact
Thor: Hemsworth has talked about renewed interest in Thor after Waititi
Hulk: because you can't kill the hulk, that is just weird, no successor in the wings
Bucky: because someone has to fill in for Cap
Ant Man: just don't see the value in killing off the next two
The Wasp
Rocket and Groot: they sell too much merch
Doctor Strange: very popular actor, only has one standalone
Scarlet Witch: getting a tv show

I COULD SEE THEM DYING
Fury: this actually could have an emotional impact as he is a mentor or leader to a lot of the avengers
Drax: he wanted out after Gunn was fired. though who knows what will happen now
Rhodes: unless they want him to fill in for Ironman, though his character doesn't really have too much...character at the moment
Falcon: I think Bucky has the better chance to pick up the shield

What do you guys think?

I think Dr. Strange has a sequel in the works.
Bucky and Falcon have a Disney+ show coming.

I'm just not sure who else would even die.

If we are right about Cap going back in time, I mean, if not, then he probably dies.

Here is our list:
Ironman
Captain America
Hulk
Thor
Loki
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Fury
Black Panther
Ant Man
The Wasp
Captain Marvel
Bucky
Starlord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket
Groot
Doctor Strange
James Rhodes
Falcon
Scarlet Witch
Vision

Did I miss anyone? Not counting assorted sidekicks and bit players.

ALREADY DEAD?
Loki
Gamora
Vision

DEAD 100%
Ironman
Cap: either dead or taken off the table

SAFE 100%
Black Widow: still has a rumored stand alone movie, she prob won't die
Black Panther: has got to have more movies coming
Spiderman: already has another movie
Starlord: GOTG 3
Captain Marvel: just introduced, they won't kill her off

PROBABLY SAFE
Hawkeye: just not important enough to have that big an impact
Thor: Hemsworth has talked about renewed interest in Thor after Waititi
Hulk: because you can't kill the hulk, that is just weird, no successor in the wings
Bucky: because someone has to fill in for Cap
Ant Man: just don't see the value in killing off the next two
The Wasp
Rocket and Groot: they sell too much merch
Doctor Strange: very popular actor, only has one standalone
Scarlet Witch: getting a tv show

I COULD SEE THEM DYING
Fury: this actually could have an emotional impact as he is a mentor or leader to a lot of the avengers
Drax: he wanted out after Gunn was fired. though who knows what will happen now
Rhodes: unless they want him to fill in for Ironman, though his character doesn't really have too much...character at the moment
Falcon: I think Bucky has the better chance to pick up the shield

What do you guys think?
Fury survives, as he is in the next Spiderman movie - which is post Endgame
Drax - may be gone, but we will see
Rhodes - in comics - he actually did take over Ironman persona for a while, as Tony goes on a drinking binge....which with is PTSD may happen here?
Falcon- safe - IMO, as he will remain "cap's" side kick - so yeah, I think Bucky takes over Cap's role...especially as he in this MCU has same chemistry(literally) as Cap.

I am also assuming with the time travel....that some who at "dead" will come back - not just those dusted. I think Vision will be back.

I will add, in the current comics - Thor is now a woman - actually I believe she was his girl friend??
I believe the "Thor" character will survive, as he/she will have to lead the rebuild of Asgard on Earth.

It's stormbreaker, look at 2:21. It doesn't look any different to me.

It's Stormbreaker. One side is blunt like a hammer. The other side is an axe. He calls it to himself blunt side first because, you know, safety first. You can even still make out the Groot handle in the scene.

Here it is from Infinity War:

ehhkiotht7ze9mzsiuhi

Nice catch. I didn't notice the handle. Apparently, neither did the guy that wrote the article I quoted from!

So sounds like we're having a hard time coming up with characters that could be killed, besides the obvious cap and Ironman.

Following along! I don’t want my fav to die, so, I’m like TRYING to stay positive about Cap and hoping he just retires or something.

Also, I am definitely living for a Bucky/Falcon buddy cop show. pixiedust:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1107803236310802432

Joe Russo compares the limited marketing for 'Endgame' to 'Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back' — 'It so profoundly moved me [as a kid] because I didn’t know a damn thing about the story I was going to watch. We’re trying to replicate that experience'

I dunno, if that was the case maybe they should have held the Spiderman trailer.

Oh I wonder if the avengers are able to save the day?

Yep, Spiderman died but he has a trailer out for his next movie so no tension there.

I dunno, if that was the case maybe they should have held the Spiderman trailer.

Oh I wonder if the avengers are able to save the day?

Yep, Spiderman died but he has a trailer out for his next movie so no tension there.

The story could take place before End Game. Theory has been thrown around.

Saw Captain Marvel last night. I enjoyed it as much as I did Wonder Woman. Not spectacular (Brie's acting is a little stiff), but enjoyable. The mid credits scene is worth the watch alone though.

Saw Captain Marvel last night. I enjoyed it as much as I did Wonder Woman. Not spectacular (Brie's acting is a little stiff), but enjoyable. The mid credits scene is worth the watch alone though.

I thought Brie was really good in her interaction with Fury - I thought those were the most natural feeling. The rest of the time she didn't bring a ton of emotional depth/wasn't fully developed. But still overall enjoyed the film quite a bit

It would be nice if that was the case, but both pascal and Feige have stated that this movie will take place after the events of endgame.

Following along. I am hoping Drax doesn't go, he's always been one of my favorites and I was nervous for him every time I saw him during Infinity War, haha! I like Cap, but for some reason he was never my favorite, so while I am sure I will bawl like a baby if he or anyone goes, he wouldn't crush me near as much. (That, and I've been mentally preparing for it.) I am still needing Loki to come back, not ok with his ending in IW, and wondering if since he has a new show coming (yay) if that isn't a beacon of hope for that happening. Since we are also sharing thoughts on Cap Marvel, I will say I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed that film. Was it my favorite? No, but far from my least favorite. SO looking forward to End Game!

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1107803236310802432

Joe Russo compares the limited marketing for 'Endgame' to 'Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back' — 'It so profoundly moved me [as a kid] because I didn’t know a damn thing about the story I was going to watch. We’re trying to replicate that experience'

Smart IMO.

I think most of the online speculation over the last year will turn out to be false. Including most of what's in this thread. That's why I'm not joining in the speculation. I just want to enjoy the movie as it was intended.

I thought Brie was really good in her interaction with Fury - I thought those were the most natural feeling. The rest of the time she didn't bring a ton of emotional depth/wasn't fully developed. But still overall enjoyed the film quite a bit

I had the similar thoughts- Fury+Marvel was the best, but really lacking in character development. My least favorite MCUs since Thor and Thor 2.

I heard the Loki TV show will be Loki interferring with events from human history. Which sounds awesome to me.

He better watch out for these guys

a team that attempt to stop a mysterious organization from changing the course of history through time travel

enhance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter