OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

What does this have to do with the Avengers?

It doesn't (although I have heard Star Wars was in Spiderman), its a simply and obvious comparison of storytelling of the 2 largest franchises of all time.

Heck its still early, C Marvel may have no interest in helping either, or at least minimal at best, will see.

It doesn't (although I have heard Star Wars was in Spiderman), its a simply and obvious comparison of storytelling of the 2 largest franchises of all time.

Heck its still early, C Marvel may have no interest in helping either, or at least minimal at best, will see.

I just don't want this thread to be invaded by everybody that hated TLJ. I avoided that thread because I couldn't handle the whining and negativity. This is an important movie for me and I don't want to have to avoid this thread too.

Obviously don’t want to derail the thread too much but I think safe to say those behind Marvel have done a better job of building affection for characters people knew than those behind Star Wars (obviously they were starting from different spots). They wanted to push existing characters in a Star Wars in different directions and some we good with it some (strongly) were not

I think comparing the development of the franchises is very interesting - but don’t want to let take over the thread

So let’s pretend I never responded :D

I just don't want this thread to be invaded by everybody that hated TLJ. I avoided that thread because I couldn't handle the whining and negativity. This is an important movie for me and I don't want to have to avoid this thread too.

Point taken, it was just eery how similar both the franchises followed that similar connection. I find it interesting the routes each are taking.

Obviously don’t want to derail the thread too much but I think safe to say those behind Marvel have done a better job of building affection for characters people knew than those behind Star Wars (obviously they were starting from different spots). They wanted to push existing characters in a Star Wars in different directions and some we good with it some (strongly) were not

I think comparing the development of the franchises is very interesting - but don’t want to let take over the thread

So let’s pretend I never responded :D

:thumbsup2

This is an important movie for me and I don't want to have to avoid this thread too.

By the way, I agree on this movie. Haven't looked forward to a movie like this since FA, and more so actually.

Looks/sounds/feels absolutely amazing. :wizard:

That is Stormbreaker. One side is blunt and hammer like but it is way to big to be Mjolnir. Thor can lean on it.

2:14: Take Another Look At That Hammer
Yes, yes, yes; the Thor (Chris Hemsworth)/Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) scene is very cute, but what exactly is going on with the hammer there? If that’s Stormbreaker from Infinity War, it’s undergone some pretty big changes. It … looks not unlike Mjolnir, but that got destroyed back in Thor: Ragnarok. Again, we know that Stormbringer is in the movie; we see Thor with it at 1:35 in this very trailer. So, does he just have multiple hammers now, or does Mjolnir make a reappearance during the movie? And, if so, how?

Yes, yes, yes; the Thor (Chris Hemsworth)/Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) scene is very cute, but what exactly is going on with the hammer there? If that’s Stormbreaker from Infinity War, it’s undergone some pretty big changes. It … looks not unlike Mjolnir, but that got destroyed back in Thor: Ragnarok. Again, we know that Stormbringer is in the movie; we see Thor with it at 1:35 in this very trailer. So, does he just have multiple hammers now, or does Mjolnir make a reappearance during the movie? And, if so, how?

It's stormbreaker, look at 2:21. It doesn't look any different to me.

It's Stormbreaker. One side is blunt like a hammer. The other side is an axe. He calls it to himself blunt side first because, you know, safety first. You can even still make out the Groot handle in the scene.

Here it is from Infinity War:

ehhkiotht7ze9mzsiuhi

So watching this trailer, I take it Captain Marvel comes back and actually wants to help after 30 years (didn't just toss the pager). Hmm wonder if she asks if Fury is OK (who she only knew a few days) and tries to help.

Regarding Captain Marvel, the snap took half of all life everywhere. So wherever she was, half the life disappeared.

Unless the Captain Marvel we saw was a Skrull.

Last edited:
As someone who I feel is one of the few people that actually really like the First Avenger and someone who enjoyed Agemt Carter - my speculation is very much based on what I hope happens

Cap is my favorite, and I liked First Avenger and Agent Carter too. But if he ends up with Peggy, what about Peggy's husband?

My guess - Cap gets his dance with Peggy but no more. "I'm gonna need a rain check on that dance." - First Avenger

And Thanos kills him right after saying "I could do this all day."

Cap is my favorite, and I liked First Avenger and Agent Carter too. But if he ends up with Peggy, what about Peggy's husband?

My guess - Cap gets his dance with Peggy but no more. "I'm gonna need a rain check on that dance." - First Avenger

And Thanos kills him right after saying "I could do this all day."

I think we have never seen Peggy's husband. We know she has children, and she had a romantic interest in one of her partners in early Shield but they were never said to have married.

That would be fantastic. If instead of dying Cap gets to go back in time and live quietly supporting Peggy while she starts Shield. Of course he'll get tangled up in a few missions but nothing too big.

Besides that, these are my predictions:

Ironman dead.

Cap gone back in time to live quietly with Peggy, Bucky picks up the shield.

Black Panther and co fine.

Spiderman is obviously alive since he has a movie coming out, but maybe this time he gets to be with Tony as he dies.

Black Widow is fine. Hopefully has a chat with Bruce at some point, since that was kind of left hanging.

I think Thor will survive, he wanted to be done with Marvel movies but I think Waititi has piqued his interest enough to stay.

I think Captain Marvel has been busy with the Kree/Skrull war.

I think GOTG 3 will be about getting Gamora back, she's the moral center of the Guardians and I don't know how they'd work without her.

Ant Man will obviously show the Avengers the Quantum Realm.

I'm really only worried about Ironman dying.

I think we have never seen Peggy's husband. We know she has children, and she had a romantic interest in one of her partners in early Shield but they were never said to have married.

That would be fantastic. If instead of dying Cap gets to go back in time and live quietly supporting Peggy while she starts Shield. Of course he'll get tangled up in a few missions but nothing too big.

Besides that, these are my predictions:

Ironman dead.

Cap gone back in time to live quietly with Peggy, Bucky picks up the shield.

Black Panther and co fine.

Spiderman is obviously alive since he has a movie coming out, but maybe this time he gets to be with Tony as he dies.

Black Widow is fine. Hopefully has a chat with Bruce at some point, since that was kind of left hanging.

I think Thor will survive, he wanted to be done with Marvel movies but I think Waititi has piqued his interest enough to stay.

I think Captain Marvel has been busy with the Kree/Skrull war.

I think GOTG 3 will be about getting Gamora back, she's the moral center of the Guardians and I don't know how they'd work without her.

Ant Man will obviously show the Avengers the Quantum Realm.

I'm really only worried about Ironman dying.

Not to be cold but I feel like more than just Ironman needs to die and sort of feel like at least one character we aren’t expecting needs to die for it to have a real emotional impact. If it is just the ones we expect, it will work as a capper to the “phase” but not as impactful as it could have

Agree with you about GotG 3 - maybe this one ends with them getting some sign that she is still alive - maybe that is even one of the mid/post credit scenes

Not to be cold but I feel like more than just Ironman needs to die and sort of feel like at least one character we aren’t expecting needs to die for it to have a real emotional impact. If it is just the ones we expect, it will work as a capper to the “phase” but not as impactful as it could have

Agree with you about GotG 3 - maybe this one ends with them getting some sign that she is still alive - maybe that is even one of the mid/post credit scenes

I'm just not sure who else would even die.

If we are right about Cap going back in time, I mean, if not, then he probably dies.

Here is our list:
Ironman
Captain America
Hulk
Thor
Loki
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Fury
Black Panther
Ant Man
The Wasp
Captain Marvel
Bucky
Starlord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket
Groot
Doctor Strange
James Rhodes
Falcon
Scarlet Witch
Vision

Did I miss anyone? Not counting assorted sidekicks and bit players.

ALREADY DEAD?
Loki
Gamora
Vision

DEAD 100%
Ironman
Cap: either dead or taken off the table

SAFE 100%
Black Widow: still has a rumored stand alone movie, she prob won't die
Black Panther: has got to have more movies coming
Spiderman: already has another movie
Starlord: GOTG 3
Captain Marvel: just introduced, they won't kill her off

PROBABLY SAFE
Hawkeye: just not important enough to have that big an impact
Thor: Hemsworth has talked about renewed interest in Thor after Waititi
Hulk: because you can't kill the hulk, that is just weird, no successor in the wings
Bucky: because someone has to fill in for Cap
Ant Man: just don't see the value in killing off the next two
The Wasp
Rocket and Groot: they sell too much merch
Doctor Strange: very popular actor, only has one standalone
Scarlet Witch: getting a tv show

I COULD SEE THEM DYING
Fury: this actually could have an emotional impact as he is a mentor or leader to a lot of the avengers
Drax: he wanted out after Gunn was fired. though who knows what will happen now
Rhodes: unless they want him to fill in for Ironman, though his character doesn't really have too much...character at the moment
Falcon: I think Bucky has the better chance to pick up the shield

What do you guys think?

I think Thor would have been the one - he’s already lost basically everything so let him go out dying to save the one thing he has left: the Avengers

Maybe that changes based on his new thinking of staying (though they could always do a prequel or like a “what if?” Story)

Similar for Black Widow - she’s done a lot wrong inher life so makes sense if she sacrifices herself to save the one group that beloved I her ... and similarly any solo movie could be origin story or something

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!