Official Avengers 2017

I've done a half marathon at Disneyland, but this year my daughter and I are running the Thor 10K.
Can someone describe the course for the 10K?
I've seen a map, but can someone give me a sense of where it begins and what lands you run through?
How much of the run is outside the parks completely?
Is there spectator viewing for the 10K?
If so where do the spectators go and when?
Thanks!

It's varied slightly every time I've run it, but you always run through DCA's pier area, Cars Land, and down the Hollywood area, and always run through some portion of Tomorrowland, and from Fantasyland out through the castle for the iconic photo (and eventually down Main Street). The last couple have also looped us out through Frontierland and back through Adventureland after a u-turn at Mansion. In general, spectators can view runners in the Esplenade between DL and DCA at some point during the race (you can look at the map as late as during the expo to figure out what mile point on the course it'll be), and then also in the parking lot of the Paradise Pier hotel or at the hotel end of Downtown Disney as the runners approach the finish line. As to "when" get your runner's tracker alert and you'll know when they start and hit 5K, then depending on what speed they run you will know approximately when they'll pass each point.

so today I got an email form rundisney thanking me for running the Disney shorts series, for my effort they sent a link for a $25 discount on the avengers race, so I bit the dust and signed up for it. This will give me my coast to coast. I booked my flight, now to get South west to deposit the rest of my points so my companion pass comes thru, and I can book hubbies flight, we will stop in San Diego at my daughter's house , then travel up Saturday morning and back Sunday then fly back on Monday , only missing 2 day of work as Friday is the holiday. I'm a little worried as I wasn't planning on running a major race til FEb, at the Princess, so have been only training so s. Guess i need to give a little more to it, this will also be the first race I've run with out one of my children, they usually keep me moving, so really hoping that Galloway pacers are there

so today I got an email form rundisney thanking me for running the Disney shorts series, for my effort they sent a link for a $25 discount on the avengers race, so I bit the dust and signed up for it. This will give me my coast to coast. I booked my flight, now to get South west to deposit the rest of my points so my companion pass comes thru, and I can book hubbies flight, we will stop in San Diego at my daughter's house , then travel up Saturday morning and back Sunday then fly back on Monday , only missing 2 day of work as Friday is the holiday. I'm a little worried as I wasn't planning on running a major race til FEb, at the Princess, so have been only training so s. Guess i need to give a little more to it, this will also be the first race I've run with out one of my children, they usually keep me moving, so really hoping that Galloway pacers are there

Is that a one time use link? I'm thinking about signing up for Avengers too. Thanks.

Fingers crossed the Galloway pacers are in your corral. I didn't have such luck at Disneyland Half Weekend and they wouldn't let me move to them. Such is the curse of Disney races. :(

I've done a half marathon at Disneyland, but this year my daughter and I are running the Thor 10K.
Can someone describe the course for the 10K?
I've seen a map, but can someone give me a sense of where it begins and what lands you run through?
How much of the run is outside the parks completely?
Is there spectator viewing for the 10K?
If so where do the spectators go and when?
Thanks!

Each year the Avengers 10K has matched the Disneyland 10K. This year the Disneyland 10K changed a bit more from the general 2015 and 2016 courses (each varied a little). So if they follow the 2017 Disneyland 10K course the majority of the course is on Disney property. You just run a very little bit on Disneyland Drive which is a public road. But I would say about 2 miles of the course is backstage at Disneyland, California adventure and through the Downtown Disney parking lot... The rest is through the parks.

If those cheering you on want to see you multiple times... They could be standing outside the Grand Californian Hotel or Paradise Pier Hotel on Disneyland drive when the race starts. Then you will be out of sight for the next 4.5 miles or so. The next place they could move to is the Esplanade between the two parks you will go past that point when you are about 4.75 miles through the race. And then they could walk through Downtown Disney and head over towards the Finish line by the Disneyland Hotel to watch you finish up. Depending on how fast you are running they would just want to make sure they could get over there faster then you can run a little more then a mile (which should be fine if you are around a 8 - 9 minute pace or slower). I would also recommend you sign up for the texting alerts so they can have a general idea of when you start and when you hit the 5K timing.

I recorded the Disneyland 10K course and since the Thor 10K will likely be the same this course highlights video should give you an idea of what the course is like and when those cheering you on can see you best.

I'm registered! EEK!!!! Better get to training! I did 6 this weekend before I knew I was gonna register. I guess I have 5 weekends to train. I like to have a base of at least 10 before a half so thats what I'm shooting for.

Planning on driving down Saturday and home on Monday. The hotel prices are killing me!

Still waiting until the end of this week to see if Marvel or Disney posts a $25 code like they did last year.

I've done enough of these that I should know the answer to this question but I don't. When do you think we'll see a course map?

I've done enough of these that I should know the answer to this question but I don't. When do you think we'll see a course map?

Two, maybe three weeks prior for runDisney to release the official course. Some sleuthing and you could discover a certified course in the Anaheim area.

Having gotten the green light from DH to run on our Anniversary trip (let's hope he doesn't find out how much it costs!), I am wondering how early people find it necessary to show up before the 10k. We will be spending the rest of our trip not at DL so I am considering how terrible it would be to drive over from elsewhere. How early would you need to be there and park? Is it closer to walk from the convention center hotels? I cannot imagine traffic would be bad until getting off I5, but would I then need to add another 30 minutes of stopped traffic?

Having gotten the green light from DH to run on our Anniversary trip (let's hope he doesn't find out how much it costs!), I am wondering how early people find it necessary to show up before the 10k. We will be spending the rest of our trip not at DL so I am considering how terrible it would be to drive over from elsewhere. How early would you need to be there and park? Is it closer to walk from the convention center hotels? I cannot imagine traffic would be bad until getting off I5, but would I then need to add another 30 minutes of stopped traffic?
I have never driven in and parked. But I’ve never heard bad things about it either. It seems the traffic issues have really only been after the races leaving the parking garage, and even with that I think it was the half marathon that gets issues. I’m sure someone who has actually parked before a race will chime in!

We can usually get into the structure around 3 to 330am. Very easy to park and walk into the race area from the structure!

I have never driven in and parked. But I’ve never heard bad things about it either. It seems the traffic issues have really only been after the races leaving the parking garage, and even with that I think it was the half marathon that gets issues. I’m sure someone who has actually parked before a race will chime in!

Anybody try parking for a race at Garden Walk? Is it less crowded and easier to get out after the race than the structure?

If you are obsessive about planning trips like I am you likely already know this... If not, here it is... the park hours and entertainment schedules for race weekend are now posted (additional entertainment entries will be added as we get closer to the weekend.)

For the park hours:
Thursday:
Disneyland 8 am - 12 am
DCA 9 am - 9 pm

Friday:
Disneyland 9 am - 12 am
DCA 9 am - 11 pm

Saturday:
Disneyland 9 am - 12 am
DCA 9 am - 11 pm

Sunday:
Disneyland 9 am - 12 am
DCA 9 am - 11 pm

Monday:
Disneyland 9 am - 11 pm
DCA 9 am - 8 pm

The Christmas entertainment will start on Friday. I wouldn't be surprised though if Small World Holiday had a soft opening on Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter