** Official August Check in Thread 2.0**

xjillianpaige

adventure is out there
Wow! Lots of August cancellations. I currently have flights booked for a late August trip to LA to visit a friend who moved there in December and we are hoping to drive down to Anaheim and do Disneyland for two days. I don't have park tickets, though, because I planned this trip in early March before the pandemic became what it is today. I'm hoping that I can either buy them from Disney or a reseller or someone who had two day tickets and is no longer going. I won't be staying on site though. This is all so strange to navigate! I have no idea how to plan. I last went to DL in 2015 and I bought my ticket for the day that week. There is still a good chance I move my trip to December and/or do a shorter trip and cut Disney out of it.

theluckyrabbit

.... I'm hoping that I can either buy them from Disney or a reseller or someone who had two day tickets and is no longer going...
Please keep in mind that Disney park tickets state clearly that they are not for resale. So your best options are buying the tickets directly from Disney or from an authorized discount vendor (there are several that are favorites on this board: Undercover Tourist, GetAwayToday, aRes Travel, etc. -- just ask if you have any questions.) To avoid being ripped off, stay away from unauthorized vendors, eBay, craigslist, etc.

xjillianpaige

adventure is out there
Please keep in mind that Disney park tickets state clearly that they are not for resale. So your best options are buying the tickets directly from Disney or from an authorized discount vendor (there are several that are favorites on this board: Undercover Tourist, GetAwayToday, aRes Travel, etc. -- just ask if you have any questions.) To avoid being ripped off, stay away from unauthorized vendors, eBay, craigslist, etc.
That's good to know! I wasn't aware. I thought that ticket transfers were allowable. I hope that tickets do go back on sale as that will have a pretty good impact on when my trip happens.

theluckyrabbit

That's good to know! I wasn't aware. I thought that ticket transfers were allowable. I hope that tickets do go back on sale as that will have a pretty good impact on when my trip happens.
Disney tickets state that they are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale. I know that WDW said they plan to start selling 2020 tickets again later this summer, so hopefully DLR will also start selling tickets again sometime sooner than later. Keep watching the DLR Reopening Superthread on this board for the latest official updates. The first page gets updated whenever Disney makes announcements so cruising page one is an easy way to keep up to date.

xjillianpaige

adventure is out there
Disney tickets state that they are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale. I know that WDW said they plan to start selling 2020 tickets again later this summer, so hopefully DLR will also start selling tickets again sometime sooner than later. Keep watching the DLR Reopening Superthread on this board for the latest official updates. The first page gets updated whenever Disney makes announcements so cruising page one is an easy way to keep up to date.
Perfect! Thanks for the info! I'll watch that thread and sign up for alerts!

sweethannah

Rebel Spy, 3 times in a row!
Unfortunately we have cancelled our August trip; ongoing quarantine and overall uncertainty of what the reservation system will look like as well as the risks associated with travel during these challenging times means we will be indefinitely postponing our trip. Fingers crossed we can look forward to August 2021.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.