**Official DLR August Check In Thread 2.0**

I'm afraid I'll be making more work for @theluckyrabbit and asked to be removed from the August group. Already moved from March for our first trip to DL (and SoCal). We will try again next summer. I hope everyone has an amazing time!
I'm not the OP, but I'm sure @Erin M will be more than helpful here! Sorry that your plans didn't work out this time (sigh...) and hope that everything falls into place for next summer. Looking forward to seeing you plan your next trip on this board!

Still trying to decide if we want to keep our August trip. If our originally booked DLH were open we would definitely keep it, but I am not feeling as excited about staying at the Californian. We love the hotel but have stayed there before and just wasn't what we were going for. We were moved to the Californian for the same price as our original DLH reservation, so I guess we will wait to see reports from July before we make a final decision. Our flights are booked on SW points so it isn't a big deal to cancel.

The Girl Scout Bridging event was cancelled. Bummed but also kind of relieved because I didn’t want to be responsible for other people’s kids right now. At one point my daughter and I talked about going but I don’t think we will now.

We are sadly off the list for August :( My husband fell and broke & dislocated his wrist skateboarding last night and will likely need surgery and 8-10 weeks of recovery at best. Our trip was already iffy with the restrictions from Covid and uncertainty of getting reservations, but we had been waiting to see how things played out. This made the decision for us, we’ll try to go later in the year or next year!

We are sadly off the list for August :( My husband fell and broke & dislocated his wrist skateboarding last night and will likely need surgery and 8-10 weeks of recovery at best. Our trip was already iffy with the restrictions from Covid and uncertainty of getting reservations, but we had been waiting to see how things played out. This made the decision for us, we’ll try to go later in the year or next year!
That stinks! I hope he feels better soon, what a bummer.

So sorry to hear this! Hoping your DH has a successful surgery and a quick, trouble free recovery!

I'm so sorry to hear this! Such a bummer. I hope the recovery is uncomplicated. I know these things take a long time.

I've updated the list for now. It might take me a day or two to make updates as they happen. It's my busy season at work and things just kind of blew up today with an announcement from the current presidential administration. Please have patience with me, I promise I'm just slow, I haven't disappeared :) But man am I going to need this escape come August!

Disney's official announcement:
According to paragraph 2, the reopening of the parks and hotels (GCH and PPH) will be delayed until state approval is received to open.
According to paragraph 3, DTD will reopen as scheduled on July 9th.

Hi- take me off the list for 8/18-8/28. My heart hurts- just cancelled all vacations for the year at Disneyland. They will not refund the AP's because they hold their value but refunded all 3 hotel reservations. I will watch with interest and hope in my heart for everyone who is going to brave it this year!

We can come off the list too. We haven’t officially cancelled because we were booked early August and we want to see if guest recovery is offered for next year. However, California no longer feels like a safe place to visit this year, so we won’t be going even if it’s open. Sincerely hoping for a better 2021.

Take me off the list for August. Tentatively looking to go for our December dates, but nothing in stone of course. First summer with no Disneyland trip in many years for our family.

Still trying to decide if we want to keep our August trip. If our originally booked DLH were open we would definitely keep it, but I am not feeling as excited about staying at the Californian. We love the hotel but have stayed there before and just wasn't what we were going for. We were moved to the Californian for the same price as our original DLH reservation, so I guess we will wait to see reports from July before we make a final decision. Our flights are booked on SW points so it isn't a big deal to cancel.
Same! It seems crazy not to be excited about the Grand at DLH prices but DLH is what I'd wanted. We are doing Grand in October. At this point, though, I don't think the parks will be open anyway.

Another one bites the dust--us! We are off the list for August. Crossing fingers for next summer. I hope all that go have a wonderful trip!

I've cancelled my August trip, as well. I'd like to watch how things are going at DL for a few weeks before travelling. Depending on the new reopening date, I may try for a September trip instead.

You can add me to the list of cancellations. We were originally scheduled for June to celebrate my daughter's birthday and son't graduation. Moved to August and switched to the GCH which we were excited about because we will never be able to stay there for those prices. Now with the opening delay and numbers going up, I think we are going to have to bail. My daughter is hoping to study abroad in the fall. Her chances are going down, but if it's a go I'm suggesting she quarantine at home for 2 weeks prior because it would be horrible to pick up Covid at DL and not be able to go abroad. I'm waiting to officially cancel in case they are delayed more and we are offered to move to next summer. A girl can dream can't she.

On the plus side, her 21st birthday is next June and she would love to go to DL for that. Plus, we are raising a service puppy and he will be old enough to bring next summer. Silver lining...

We are still scheduled for August 2nd. A reschedule for spring break. I really hope to go as we booked at GCH and the kids have always wanted to stay there. I know the COVID numbers are rising, but I can’t sit and do nothing forever. My family has grown accustomed to several vacations a year and they keep us sane! We are ready for Disneyland! Please open before August 2nd!! 🙏🏼

Cancelled my August trip. I took it as a sign when jet blue changed my flight days due to eliminating my original outgoing flight...September might be an option, but I’m getting burnt out on all of the continuous changes and disappointment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!