*** Official August 2020 thread ***

As of now, we're keeping our August trip at BLT as we have tickets for MNSSHP on opening night. Anyone have any thoughts on how the party will work this year?

I just cancelled our August 15 trip. We will likely rebook for next August once dates are released, hoping things are more normal by then. Really hoping our Canadian resident tickets are still valid for booking fastpasses against, if fastpasses are back.

I just cancelled our August 15 trip. We will likely rebook for next August once dates are released, hoping things are more normal by then. Really hoping our Canadian resident tickets are still valid for booking fastpasses against, if fastpasses are back.

our Canadian resident tickets that we purchased earlier this year have automatically switched to an end of September 2021 expiry on my app. So should be fine, if FP is back :)

So, first off, my apologies for the long time without updates. I have NOT been sick, everyone is fine in my family, I was just stupidly busy, which I suppose, with all that is going on in the world, is not a bad thing.

Things have calmed down now, and I shouldn't vanish again lol.

You all have been super busy here. I hope I didn't miss anything. As I went through the postings, I noticed a trend, which is a lot more cancellations than new bookings. This doesn't surprise me, I was expecting it. These trips are quite expensive, more so for those who had free dining, and have had it taken away by Disney. The experience that they will be offering is going to be drastically different from what they have delivered in the past, and the price isn't going to be drastically lower. I am quite thankful that we didn't have a trip planned for this summer, because it would be heart breaking to cancel it, but I can't imagine paying the Disney price for the experience that this summer is going to offer. Now then, on to the updates. If I missed anyone, please give me a holler and let me know.

Hello everyone! My daughter and I had to reschedule our May WDW/Dream cruise trip to late August & early September. We will be staying at Pop Century 8/29 - 9/3 and then head over to Port Canaveral to board the Disney Dream for a 3-night cruise. I look forward to planning with all of you!

Roll Call has been updated. Hope you have a wonderful trip! Happy planning.

After many discussions, we have canceled our August trip. This trip was to be a big one for us since we were not planning on visiting Disney for quite some time in the future. We just can justify paying so much and not get character meets, parades, fireworks, etc.
We are not upset or mad. even my 12 yr old is ok because he wants all the Disney Magic. We also don’t want to travel and wear a mask in Florida heat all day. We are pro-mask and wear one all the time outside. (It is actually unusual to see someone without a mask in our area.) But we only wear it for about an hour maybe 2. We know wearing one for hours in Florida heat will be hard. Especially for my two guys who can’t handle the summer heat in Chicago.

So we will either take our son out of school in January or February or do next August and make it my 50th b-day celebration!

To all who are going, we can’t wait to see all your pictures and trip reports! Have a magical time. 🥰 :tink::smickey:

Roll Call has been updated. Sorry you had to cancel, but I can't say as I disagree with you. I look forward to seeing you in the August thread next summer :)

We canceled our August trip today. We just couldn’t stomach paying all that money for a modified experience.

On a bright note, we rebooked for August 1-14, 2021 at the Beach Club and I’m super excited to start planning again. I look forward to joining the August 2021 thread!

Roll Call has been updated. Sorry you had to cancel, but I do believe that you have made the right decision.

Does this mean that I have to create an August 2021 thread now?

We just found out our son's school will start back on August 3, which was supposed to be the first day of our trip, so we will be moving to the October group. First time in 3 years that we won't be there for his birthday :( but we are excited to visit in the fall. I hope you all get to enjoy your trips!!!

Roll Call has been updated. Sorry you had to cancel. Hope your October trip is AMAZING!

We are booked at Old Key West from Aug 9 - 14. Just me and my teenage daughter. Hopefully the parks will be open and I’m thinking not too crowded? Maybe that’ll be the trade off? Face masks and social distancing for low crowds?

Roll Call has been updated. Hope you have an amazing, crowd free trip. Happy Planning.

Aug 20-29 ILoveMyDVC OKW

Moving over from last week of July.
7 of us. My DH and our firends with their 3 children ages 5-9.

Roll Call has been updated. I hope August works out for you. Happy planning!

Well, we're out. I have NO problem with how they're handling it; they're being cautious and that's the right thing to do. If we were locals, we'd be in line on day one, but we have to travel a good distance. The plan is to book a gonzo vacation next August, but given the uncertainty around the hotels reopening and the downsized experiences, it just doesn't make sense for us this year. So, from Houston, TX, see ya real soon! :smickey:

Roll Call has been updated. I believe you have made the right decision. Sorry you had to cancel this year, but I look forward to seeing you in the August 2021 thread . . . which *may* be coming soon :)

Sadly, you can remove me from the August list. It just got too close with still too many unknowns and was causing a lot of unnecessary stress so we decided to postpone the honeymoon until January. We still don't know when we will be able to cross the Canada-US border or if we can if we will have to self-quarantine when we return.

I'm confident we made the right decision but it's still a bummer in the moment. :(

Roll Call has been updated. Sorry you had to cancel, but I believe you did make the right decision. Hope your rescheduled trip is amazing!!!!

I’m a new refugee from May, June and July.🥺we are staying at All Star Movies August 9-14. It’s my daughters graduation and our honeymoon. (Since my honeymoon got cancelled and we still went through with the wedding.

Roll Call has been updated. Hope your trip is everything you dream for. Happy planning!

So we are still August but I just changed our dates we were Aug 18-22 at GFV but now we're Aug 26-30th - that week was a little better for our schedule!

Anyone notice that dining reservations are down? Did I miss something other than Disney announcing the opening plan? I didnt know if something was mentioned specifically about dining and I missed it...

Just trying to rebook our ADRs from Aug 18th to 26th..

thanks!

Roll Call has been updated with your new dates.

Aug 16 - Aug 21 chaboyd FW Cabins--We are canceled for August.
I actually made the decision last week to rebook to December. I teach school and had already come to the relization that my admins and parents probably wouldn't like me wandering around Disney one week and back in class the next. I'm sad because I love the crazy hot August weather. The thought of having to carry a jacket with me to Disney just doesn't seem right, but with school I cannot rebook any sooner. :(

Roll Call has been updated. Sorry you had to cancel. I hope your December trip is amazing!

Well, changed my date from June to August. Reading up on some of the limited restrictions, mask wearing, limited hours - I'm pulling the plug on our August trip. Emotionally this is a drain. Once all the re-booking fiasco calms down, we're planning a January trip. Good luck with your ventures in August. :)

Roll Call has been updated. Sorry you had to cancel again . . .. I won't share my predictions for January (well, basically my predictions for the next 8 months or so) with you. Perhaps we will end up seeing each other in an August 2021 thread lol.

Sadly, we've cancelled, too. Aug 15 - Aug 22 eeyore29 PoP
We'll keep an eye on the news/boards, and plan a new trip when things are closer to "back to normal." Good luck everyone!

Roll Call has been updated. Sorry you had to cancel. There *might* be an August 2021 thread popping up in the not too distant future, and I am almost willing to bet that things will be starting to get back to normal right around then.

Add us to the list of cancellations: Our Laughing Place August 10th-20th
As Canadians, we are unsure about leaving the country / crossing back over. Going to re-book for next August. We've been doing free dining bounceback offers for years, so I guess we'll just be hoping for a general free dining offer for next August. We may stay a couple of extra days next year/ stay club level for a few days since we have another year to save, so that's something to look forward to. Good luck to those of you still going this August. I'll be following along :wave2:

Roll Call has been updated. Sorry you had to cancel, but I do believe you have made the right decision.
There *could* be an August 2021 thread popping up soon :)

Roll Call has been updated. Sorry you had to cancel, but I do believe you have made the right decision. I also feel that August 2021 things should be starting to get back to normal, perhaps not 100%, but much closer to it than what we will have this August

Stay tuned . . . there *may* be an August 2021 thread popping up soon :)

We still have our plans for August. 8/11-8/14 @ AKL and then 8/14-8/21 @ CCV. We'll see what pans out!

We still have our Poly trip on the 15-24th. Looking at the restrictions and hoping things like reduced pool hours may be lifted by then.

Same here -- upstate NY. I've read on other threads that the requirement for travelers from hot spots to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival into Florida was modified recently such that a new Executive Order wrapped it into the Phase 1 restrictions. So no new date of expiration (previously this would have expired on May 8th), but now it will be in effect for however long Florida is at Phase 1. But the up-side is that many who know better than I do think WDW is unlikely to open before Florida goes to Phase 2, so it would all happen together. And, they think FL will go from P1 to P2 in relatively short-term. That part is all speculation, of course, but makes sense logically and hopefully will turn into reality.
These flight restrictions still appear to be in place. I live in Massachusetts and am supposed to be going to WDW at the end of July, but my flight is from CT. If the restrictions are still in place when I leave does that mean that just because the flight is coming from CT I’m supposed to quarantine for 14 days when I get to FL?

We cancelled our August 22-29 trip. Hoping for March 2021 (rebooked the cruise, just waiting for the 7 month window for the hotel portion!)

We cancelled our August 22-29 trip. Hoping for March 2021 (rebooked the cruise, just waiting for the 7 month window for the hotel portion!)
Roll Call has been updated. Sorry you had to cancel!

August 2020 Roll Call!
If you are visiting Disney World in August 2020, post your dates, and resort in the thread, and I will add you to the roll call!

** PLEASE NOTE ** As this list gets longer, finding someone in it to make changes to their listing becomes more difficult. If you are posting to ask for a change to the Roll Call, please give me what ever dates you have currently listed first, as that is the fastest way for me to find you in the list. Thanks!

Jul 30 - Aug 5 G719 AKL
Jul 31 - Aug 8 Llama mama YC
Aug 1 - Aug 5 joshua4 BLT
Aug 1 - Aug 8 HokieRaven5 FW
Aug 1 - Aug 9 LoverDisney 1 - 3 BLT 3 - 9 OKW
Aug 1 - Aug 9 petrola WL
Aug 1 - Aug 15 Jaimetropmickey PoP
Aug 2 - Aug 7 Lumpy1106 BLT
Aug 2 - Aug 8 KristiKat FW Cabins
Aug 2 - Aug 8 EllyLovesDisney CSR
Aug 2 - Aug 14 jonimce FW
Aug 3 - Aug 11 KSL BWV
Aug 4 - Aug 7 Karalecia26 CSR
Aug 4 - Aug 11 jennyq87 Gran Destino / AKL
Aug 6 - Aug 14 Sandiz08 ??
Aug 6 - Aug 17 mamamelody2 AS Sports
Aug 8 - Aug 12 kimili8 BWI
Aug 8 - Aug 16 Hoodie 8 - 11 BC 11 - 16 offsite
Aug 8 - Aug 19 Pterjo85 8 - 11 Poly 11 - 17 AK Kidani 17 - 19 YC
Aug 8 - Aug 22 123SA ASMU
Aug 9 - Aug 14 LaurenT OKW
Aug 9 - Aug 14 tinkerbelletreasure ASM
Aug 9 - Aug 21 lynnfitz Royal Pacific / BLT
Aug 9 - Aug 23 Disneylover99 PoP
Aug 10 - Aug 16 Pirate princess 2 PoP
Aug 11 - Aug 16 pixarfan24 BLT PORS 18 - 20 BWI
Aug 12 - Aug 18 Mascara&Mouse Ears Poly
Aug 12 - Aug 21 figmentfinesse POP
Aug 14 - Aug 23 Redfraggle19 WL
Aug 14 - Aug 27 sleepymouse 14 - 17 AKV 21 - 27 YC
Aug 15 - Aug 21 Eventer98 BLT
Aug 15 - Aug 21 tarheeltink ASM
Aug 15 - Aug 22 Madame BCV
Aug 15 - Aug 22 Mousemommy1 YC
Aug 15 - Aug 22 VeronicaZS CBR
Aug 15 - Aug 23 Leesha.Monster 15 - 18 CCV 18 - 23 SSR
Aug 15 - Aug 24 Pills Poly
Aug 15 - Aug 29 DaniMoon AS Sports
Aug 16 - Aug 22 mgarbowski VGF
Aug 16 - Aug 22 sromanello815 POLY
Aug 16 - Aug 26 han22735 BMV
Aug 17 - Aug 22 ari23 CBR
Aug 17 - Aug 24 ALDSMD VGF
Aug 17 - Aug 27 Adora ???
Aug 18 - Aug 27 paule350 18 - 22 AKV 22 - 27 BWI
Aug 18 - Sept 2 ILovePixieDust AS Sports
Aug 19 - Aug 24 EmmyL258/COLOR] CBR
Aug 19 - Aug 27 tiggerplus5 19 - 23 PoP 23 - 27 FW Cabins
Aug 19 - Aug 28 pd1138 CSR
Aug 19 - Sept 3 RossS Offsite Cabana Bay / Universal
Aug 20 - Aug 29 Craig Larson POP
Aug 20 - Aug 29 ILoveMyDVC OKW
Aug 20 - Aug 30 canuckgirl CR
Aug 21 - Aug 28 TulipMom Offsite
Aug 21 - Aug 30 JP267 CBR
Aug 22 - Aug 28 jessiwools ASM
Aug 22 - Aug 29 The13thLetter POP
Aug 22 - Aug 30 jacksmom WL
Aug 22 - Sept 13 tinkerdee 22 - 25 YC 25 - Sept 13 BWI
Aug 23 - Aug 28 bravestmerida BCV
Aug 23 - Aug 29 Palaura Poly
Aug 23 - Aug 30 Daisy7425 GF
Aug 24 - Aug 30 Aug2020distrip Offsite
Aug 25 - Sept 8 AJS84 CBR
Aug 26 - Aug 30 Avery&Todd GFV
Aug 26 - Sept 5 MariaGrace39 Riviera
Aug 27 - Aug 30 bama belle PoP
Aug 27 - Sept 2 Megan138 BWI
Aug 28 - Sept 4 DisLiss POP
Aug 28 - Sept 4 kiddywhompus CR
Aug 28 - Sept 4 OkanaganAmanda POP
Aug 28 - Sept 6 momof2halls CS / GDT
Aug 29 - Sept 3 cmarsh31 ASM
Aug 29 - Sept 3 j2thomason/COLOR] POP
Aug 29 - Sept 3 missyek AKL
Aug 29 - Sept 3 songsinmymind ASM
Aug 30 - Sept 3 rlk BC
Aug 31 - Sept 7 Jroceagles BC
Aug 15 - Sept 1 Drr10 FWL

I was wondering if those staying on grounds will have priority over annual passholders on how many times they can reserve days for the parks or dining reservations. I am an annual passholder also and already know that I will not get a park reservation for everyday but they haven't mentioned park reservations for onsite guests. This is my second time staying at the Fort and normally don't go to the parks everyday since we are there for so long but with not many other experiences to enjoy we may have to go to the parks more often.

I was wondering if those staying on grounds will have priority over annual passholders on how many times they can reserve days for the parks or dining reservations. I am an annual passholder also and already know that I will not get a park reservation for everyday but they haven't mentioned park reservations for onsite guests. This is my second time staying at the Fort and normally don't go to the parks everyday since we are there for so long but with not many other experiences to enjoy we may have to go to the parks more often.

Lots of moving parts, but in keeping up with a 1000+ page rumor board where several folks have good inside contacts, I think as it stands right now if you are AP AND an on-site guest you have a good chance at park reservations every day of your stay. I think the AP 3 day thing they announced is for day trips, not onsite trips. Fingers crossed for both of us!

I think Florida still has the 14 days quarantine for NJ and NY residents, so I guess I'd have to cancel for that reason if nothing else.

I was sure I was going to cancel, but I've had a change of heart. Something is better than nothing and with the dining plan refunded and the park hopper plusses I'm sure will be refunded, it's down to a very attractive price. The possibility of getting moved to a deluxe is also a big draw for me. I've got one night at Coronado I'm pretty sure is going to be moved and I've heard rumblings that values aren't opening with the rest (I'm currently at pop after the one CSR night). Currently most bummed about shortened hours and no musical stage shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter