*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

I'll add you to the list! Hopefully things are more normal for you guys in September but you should have fun either way. April is going to be great, though.
We wont expect anything normal, we just are welcoming getting away! Hubby is essential worker working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week maybe one or 2 days off a month since March so we just need to get away! Quiet time at the resort will be fine! Strolling through a park for a bit is also fine! Then April 2021 will be a more "regular" type of trip.

We are confirmed for April 1 - 3 at BC.

we have a cruise booked on the Fantasy right now for April 3-10, but I do plan on booking a backup stay at AKL for those dates once packages are released again. I’m not sure how I feel about going on a cruise in April. I need to see how it’ll look because there’s no way I’m going to pay DCL prices if it’s severely restricted.

We are confirmed for April 1 - 3 at BC.

we have a cruise booked on the Fantasy right now for April 3-10, but I do plan on booking a backup stay at AKL for those dates once packages are released again. I’m not sure how I feel about going on a cruise in April. I need to see how it’ll look because there’s no way I’m going to pay DCL prices if it’s severely restricted.

Hopefully things are more normal by April, but I agree, a cruise would be the last thing to come back and there's still a possibility of restrictions given the nature of the experience. I'll add you to the list for 4/1-4/3 for now.

Looks like I will be joining you all. With all the uncertainty, we decided to push our trip back to April. Still need to figure out dates, but we are thinking last week of April. I’m really excited to be back in planning mode, we have never been in April before so need to do some research :)

As I said in the August thread, just pretend my username is Apr2021distrip. Note to self, don’t pick a name based on date. It will forever haunt me as the trip that never was lol

edit: we have 5 day passes and staying offsite

We are confirmed for 4/15 - 4/23/21, rescheduled from April of this year. I was going to run the Star Wars races and for the first time, run both the 10K and the half. Hopefully I'll get to do it next year, then! This would have been our fourth trip since our kids were born (now 11 and 9) and we were renting points for the first time to save on some costs. Of course this was the trip where everything went haywire. We rented points from a DVC member on the point rental board here and she has been incredible! I couldn't be happier with how it has been working out so far (my parents rented points through David's and I'm hoping we'll have a resolution soon).

None of our "trevails" compare to what others have been dealing with but it seems that after the first few weeks our plans have settled down a bit. Our flight situations have been resolved; our park tickets too. Its nice to turn an eye toward planning our trip!
We are actually looking into the Star Wars Marathon weekend. Is it pretty hard to get tickets? Thinking of the half. The half is likely on the Sunday?

We have officially switched our dates around! Moving from the August thread and we will now be at Disney April 14-20, staying offsite.
Hoping to get the kids in the little kid marathon OR DH wants to do the half. Will see what we can get :)

We just cancelled from August and are hoping to book for April.
We really wanted the August trip to happen, but the stress of dealing with all the unknowns was taking all the fun out of it. We're from NY and don't know when the travel restrictions will be lifted. Plus, don't like the recent trend in FL COVID stats. AND found out on Monday that eldest DD has to start college 2 weeks earlier than planned, so she'd need to be moving in just as we'd be arriving home. The final straw was yesterday when I had to wear a mask for an event for just over 5 hours. It wasn't horrible, but I definitely didn't like it and was constantly aware of it, and was INSIDE, so can't imagine wearing one twice as long outside in August. All together, the trip practically was canceling itself, lol. So we're looking toward April, instead. I'll post again when we have dates and accommodations. Sad about August, but TBH, I feel a hundred pounds lighter!

We just cancelled from August and are hoping to book for April.
We really wanted the August trip to happen, but the stress of dealing with all the unknowns was taking all the fun out of it. We're from NY and don't know when the travel restrictions will be lifted. Plus, don't like the recent trend in FL COVID stats. AND found out on Monday that eldest DD has to start college 2 weeks earlier than planned, so she'd need to be moving in just as we'd be arriving home. The final straw was yesterday when I had to wear a mask for an event for just over 5 hours. It wasn't horrible, but I definitely didn't like it and was constantly aware of it, and was INSIDE, so can't imagine wearing one twice as long outside in August. All together, the trip practically was canceling itself, lol. So we're looking toward April, instead. I'll post again when we have dates and accommodations. Sad about August, but TBH, I feel a hundred pounds lighter!

Sorry to hear about your August trip, but I agree with everything you said here. Masks in the August humidity would be difficult at best, and the rest of the unknowns are tough to deal with, especially since we really don't know much right now. I'm from NY also, and I'm keeping an eye on the travel restrictions, even though I know (?) they'll be lifted by next year.

I hope April works out for you - let us know once you have final plans and I can add you to the official list. Glad it's a weight off your shoulders for now, so let's look forward to planning a better trip next year!

We're booked! Please add us to the Roll Call!

KSL - 4/3/21 - 4/10/21 @ Boardwalk Villas

After cancelling (twice) due to fears of travel during COVID, I'm really hoping things are more manageable by April -- both in terms of the virus and Disney operations. This trip will be my DH, youngest DD, and her BFF to celebrate their 16th birthdays (in August, but oh well, it can be a year-long celebration, right!?). I'm sad my older 2 DDs won't be able to come with us since they'll be away at college and don't have break that week (here's hoping their colleges are in session!). I have a small worry that our school calendar will be adjusted for accommodations needed to deal with any second wave of the virus, but if that happens I guess I'll have to reschedule yet again. At least I know how to do it now! (prior to this, I had never even modified an existing DVC reservation, let alone canceled one)

I look forward to planning with you all!

After cancelling (twice) due to fears of travel during COVID, I'm really hoping things are more manageable by April -- both in terms of the virus and Disney operations. This trip will be my DH, youngest DD, and her BFF to celebrate their 16th birthdays (in August, but oh well, it can be a year-long celebration, right!?). I'm sad my older 2 DDs won't be able to come with us since they'll be away at college and don't have break that week (here's hoping their colleges are in session!). I have a small worry that our school calendar will be adjusted for accommodations needed to deal with any second wave of the virus, but if that happens I guess I'll have to reschedule yet again. At least I know how to do it now! (prior to this, I had never even modified an existing DVC reservation, let alone canceled one)

You don’t have to reschedule. I can’t tell you how many times I have students who go on family vacations - and I teach 11th and 12th grade. You’ll be fine!

I’m actually going to be there that week as well! We have BC booked 4/1-4/3 but a cruise booked 4/3-4/10- which I’m now 90% sure will be cancelled so once 2021 can be booked we’ll be booking AKL for the week!
I too am hoping things are more back to normal then. Especially character meals/meets for my 4 year old.

I added you to the list! When I started this post, I noted that many people would have similar cancel/rebook stories from this year, and you fit right in with us in that regard. I like the idea of making your DD's birthday a year long celebration. We're all having to adjust to this virus, and having something to look forward to sounds like a great way to do it for me!

Reactions: KSL
If anyone hasn't seen the news, the new Park Pass reservation system will debut on Monday 6/22. The part that makes it relevant to these April trips is this:

Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window

I have no idea whether that means you can reserve parks all the way to next September if you have valid tickets, but I wanted to put it here as a heads up. Check the giant thread in the news section of this site for more info, and this is the direct Disney website link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...k-reservations/?CMP=ILC-DPFY20Q3wo0618200010A

If anyone hasn't seen the news, the new Park Pass reservation system will debut on Monday 6/22. The part that makes it relevant to these April trips is this:

Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window

I have no idea whether that means you can reserve parks all the way to next September if you have valid tickets, but I wanted to put it here as a heads up. Check the giant thread in the news section of this site for more info, and this is the direct Disney website link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...k-reservations/?CMP=ILC-DPFY20Q3wo0618200010A
Thanks for the heads up. I am a bit stressed since 2 of our tickets are non expiry tickets from years ago. Let’s hope I can use them still!
I imagine it shouldn’t be hard to reserve a spot for April since by then should be back to normal capacity? I hope...

Thanks for the heads up. I am a bit stressed since 2 of our tickets are non expiry tickets from years ago. Let’s hope I can use them still!
I imagine it shouldn’t be hard to reserve a spot for April since by then should be back to normal capacity? I hope...

I hope so! That's what makes this thing so strange, in my opinion. Disney has done everything they can to cut down on long term planning, as they're dealing with an ever changing landscape. I think this is smart for the time being. But then how can they expect people to reserve park dates ten months in advance. What are the hours going to be like? The capacity? No one knows that now, not even Disney.

I hope so! That's what makes this thing so strange, in my opinion. Disney has done everything they can to cut down on long term planning, as they're dealing with an ever changing landscape. I think this is smart for the time being. But then how can they expect people to reserve park dates ten months in advance. What are the hours going to be like? The capacity? No one knows that now, not even Disney.

We have room only for next year and aren't ready to purchase tickets yet. If switch to package, our room-rate will go up.

Now I feel like we are screwed!

We have room only for next year and aren't ready to purchase tickets yet. If switch to package, our room-rate will go up.

Now I feel like we are screwed!

So much of this is a mess - answer one question, open up ten more! It really makes little sense to take park reservations so far in advance, and to have to jump through the hoops on tickets now. It would be nice if that were clarified a little before the system crashes on Monday.

I’m regretting our decision to stay off site, but with 7 of us it’s just so much easier and cheaper to stay in one big 4 bedroom condo! We will see I guess, hopefully we are all fine for April :) guess I should get my brother in laws ticket linked to the rest of ours ASAP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter