*****Official April 2020 thread*****

Me too! So excited!! We had planned a full day at HS, but I'm wondering if we'll need to schedule another half-day (since ROTR will be non-negotiable).
I think we all will have some reading to do on WDW HS news as it comes or maybe it's watching videos to come up with our new touring plans for HS. I do our plans myself vs use an agent or online planning tool, so more to figure out on this park now with the changes. Will see how that ROTR opening goes and the days that follow, reviews, tier system changes that may come. I'll probably put off much research to pay attention to the busy holiday season, but soon after New Year's I'll take a closer look as I'll have to decide FPs in Feb. Also need to buy park tickets in January, there is that......

Anyone else starting to read on riding RotR? I am. Mainly the how to. Looked at a video and listened to a podcast about the ride itself and what goes on in it, but now I'm starting to read on how the boarding groups work and what particular things need to be done to ride it. The amount of postings is whew, just alot. I opened up the MDE app to see where some people say the boarding groups are posted, yep it's there! Later when we go will enable push notifications for the app, I suppose.

I'm trying to work out what questions I've got about riding this and then see if I can find it.

I am NOT stressing myself out looking into RotR yet. Too busy with work, holiday stuff, etc. Hopefully by April some of the kinks will be worked out, there will be a "normal" developed, and lots more info out there for us going.

There are definitely a lot of logistics with RotR. I went on the first EMH Sunday and it was a total mess. I went again last Tuesday and it was great! I wouldn't stress too much and I would just watch closer to arrival to see when people are showing up and when DHS is actually opening. Being there early is a pain, but it really helps fit it in. I got the 1st boarding group and rode within 30 minutes of opening time before it broke down. I would also try to avoid EMH in the event Disney stops pushing them to the PM and it becomes another mess Sunday morning. I am going to adjust my spring plans for early DHS arrival and an afternoon nap!

OK folks, I have to say I'm excited to read the MMRR news. Wonder how FPs will be for it, tier, etc. I have some reading to do after Christmas about how to now tour HS. There will be a lot of changes now since we last went prior to Star Wars Land opening, now this other ride and a mickey shorts theater. Typically we only do a half day at HS, now I think we may do a full or two half days.
we are planning 1 full and maybe 2 1/2 days,we have PHs. might start the 1/2 days at HS and then hop to Epcot.

Anyone else starting to read on riding RotR? I am. Mainly the how to. Looked at a video and listened to a podcast about the ride itself and what goes on in it, but now I'm starting to read on how the boarding groups work and what particular things need to be done to ride it. The amount of postings is whew, just alot. I opened up the MDE app to see where some people say the boarding groups are posted, yep it's there! Later when we go will enable push notifications for the app, I suppose.

I'm trying to work out what questions I've got about riding this and then see if I can find it.
glad I am not the only one. 2 DGDs who haven't seemed much interested in Star Wars. Need to figure it out before our trip. Hoping some changes to the FP+ Tiers before I have to make FP+ in February.

glad I am not the only one. 2 DGDs who haven't seemed much interested in Star Wars. Need to figure it out before our trip. Hoping some changes to the FP+ Tiers before I have to make FP+ in February.
I have an idea how it's working, at least initially. Definitely planning more time now than usual.

saw the dates posted from several sources; not sure if I am allowed to post the sites, but reliable ones.
I looked at other sites, I know what you mean, no worries. I see they mentioned it. Glad it's in May not April. I have a few sites I look through on occasion for WDW news.

Joining in. We changed from a long weekend in Disneyland to Disney World. It will be my DH’s first visit to WDW. I booked Coronado Springs April 23-26. We’ll be doing two half days and two full days. As of right now I’m thinking AK and HS as our half days.

Joining in too!
My first solo trip, April 1-5. Tagging along for my daughter’s school wind ensemble trip.
Currently booked at Boardwalk Inn, another first. Not much left at YC/BC where we usually stay.

Looking forward to exploring on my own! I did make ADR for a few nights- Restaurant Marrakesh, San Angel Inn & Teppan Edo (a fave!). We will see if I end up keeping these or doing more spontaneous eating.

My family was there this past April and the F&G Festival had lots of great booths. Looking forward to that again.

Going in April again! We went a few years ago over Easter and doing it again.
I agree, no reason to stress about ROTR yet! I'm sure that things will change in the coming months.

Did anyone notice that the estimated park crowds from Touring Plans went DOWN for the week of Easter? I'm surprised, I was expecting them to go up! I know they're not entirely accurate but I'm still surprised.

Did anyone notice that the estimated park crowds from Touring Plans went DOWN for the week of Easter? I'm surprised, I was expecting them to go up! I know they're not entirely accurate but I'm still surprised.
Yes, Kenny's website is showing moderate most of the Easter week. The week leading up to Easter though insane crowds.

How do you enable push notifications on mde?
On phone go to Settings, Notifications, Disneyworld (MDE app), slide to turn on.

Assuming for RotR. Anyone know some other way or some other thing that needs to be ensured is turned on for this? I don't see anything in the app itself that can be turned on, so please share if you see something or if this is wrong but that's all I see. What other experiences in the parks require notifications be on? Just curious. I'm only tracking RotR currently.

On phone go to Settings, Notifications, Disneyworld (MDE app), slide to turn on.

Assuming for RotR. Anyone know some other way or some other thing that needs to be ensured is turned on for this? I don't see anything in the app itself that can be turned on, so please share if you see something or if this is wrong but that's all I see. What other experiences in the parks require notifications be on? Just curious. I'm only tracking RotR currently.
Apple user here and that is the only way I know to enable them for MDE.

It will alert you when your room is ready, a new PhotoPass photo is available to download, and some random messages. After tapping into the parks first thing in the morning I usually get a push notification welcoming me from the park president or it will suggest things like mobile ordering based on my location. If you see stuff like this you definitely have push notifications enabled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!