*****Official April 2020 thread*****

Joining the party. April 21-29 at AKL kidani. We do our ADRs tomorrow, but I just looked at availability for 180 today and theres a ton so I'm not worried.

Due to a weird glitch on the Disney site, we have an awesome deal for April :)
Staying at AoA LM room 19th-23rd :D

Will there be a list of who is going (with date and resort)?
Did you get a real high percent passholder discount? I booked a room at movies for my daughter in a preferred room for $120 per night. grabbed it. Went back a week later and its $149 for the same days. I thought it seemed way too low, but I have an email with the balance.

We're going April 18 - May 1 & I just booked every single ADR I wanted at the exact times I wanted. I'm hoping that means it won't be too crowded when we're there & that we'll hit it right after all the spring breaks! So excited!!

We're going for a whirlwind April 24-27 trip... without our kids! I turn 40 on 4/25, and my handsome hubs, aka Ribs, didn't get to have his planned 40th birthday pig roast, so we're justifying this trip by saying it's a treat for both of us. Our kids will be 8, 6, and almost 3, and they will enjoy a fun-filled long weekend with their grandparents, indulging in late bedtimes and lots of sugar, but still attending school on Friday and Monday.

Our previous family trips were in August 2017 and April 2019, so it feels a little splurgy to go back so soon. It feels extra splurgy to be staying at the Poly (our previous trips were at Art of Animation and Pop Century). ADR day is this coming Sunday, and I think we're set with our starting lineup. Here's our proposed schedule:
Friday 4/24 (arrival day):
Earliest flight Southwest offers, landing at MCO at 8:30am. We'll check out the resort, maybe grab a snack, and head off to Epcot. Lunch at Teppan Edo (his choice) and dinner at Coral Reef (my choice). Snacks in between and after, no doubt.

Saturday, 4/25, mah birfday!
Early breakfast at Tusker House, then Wild Africa Trek. Select AK goodness before resort chillaxin', and Hoop Dee Doo (my favorite thing in Disney World, and for that, I will NOT apologize!) for dinner. Thinking will we head over to Magic Kingdom after, hopefully in time to see fireworks, and hop on whatever rides have the shortest waits. And, probably eat snacks.

Sunday 4/26
Hoping this ends up being a Early Morning Magic opportunity, and if so, we'll do that. Lunch is Ribs' choice, and he's picking Liberty Tree Tavern since he loves Thanksgiving food. Dinner is Storybook Dining at Artist Point, if we can get it. I'm very excited about that one!!

Monday 4/27, departure day
We WERE going to do lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby, since it was 1 credit for lunch on the 2020 DxDDP, but apparently that's changed in the last couple of weeks. I don't want to pay for any of these meals out of pocket, since we're splurging on that deluxe plan, so we're dropping the idea of HBD and just going with 50s Prime Time. I love the shtick. For dinner, we're going for 'Ohana, since it's at our resort and we don't want to be rushing through our meal to get back. Our departure flight doesn't leave until 10:30pm, so we'll have time.

We'll see how many changes I end up making in the next 5-6 months...

Did you get a real high percent passholder discount? I booked a room at movies for my daughter in a preferred room for $120 per night. grabbed it. Went back a week later and its $149 for the same days. I thought it seemed way too low, but I have an email with the balance.
No, it somehow got booked for a Canadian promotion and I am not Canadian. CM said system shouldn't have done it (even ishowing me prices) since I have a US address. All of it was quoted as USD as well (when I was booking), it was odd ... but good!

Booked ADRs yesterday for the first 4 days of our trip and got exactly what I wanted. We have CP, 1900PF, CM and BOG lunch. The grands need to decide which character meal they want to do and I will cancel the rest. Using "free money" earned from my Disney Visa, have enough to cover one meal. There were lots of times available.

will make ADRs for the rest of the trip on Monday, we have a split stay.

We have never done a character meal the price always looks a bit scary and we are not big eaters so not sure about value for money. ADRs are open for us. What's the cheapest where we can meet furry characters? The prices always look a bit vague.

Booked ADRs yesterday for the first 4 days of our trip and got exactly what I wanted. We have CP, 1900PF, CM and BOG lunch. The grands need to decide which character meal they want to do and I will cancel the rest. Using "free money" earned from my Disney Visa, have enough to cover one meal. There were lots of times available.

will make ADRs for the rest of the trip on Monday, we have a split stay.
I experienced a lot of open spots when I was at 180 for dining reservations, and was surprised. I even had CRT, which I booked, then have since cancelled. $366 for the four of us, no. Especially when I'm the only one that was excited to dine there, just not worth that price. I don't have a Disney Visa, but if you can earn points to cover a meal, that's good!
We have never done a character meal the price always looks a bit scary and we are not big eaters so not sure about value for money. ADRs are open for us. What's the cheapest where we can meet furry characters? The prices always look a bit vague.
My DH and I aren't fond of the character meals, find them way overpriced, but then my kids aren't hugely into the character meets. If you want to do a character meal, I'd price out the differences with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and see if any of them are cheaper. We just don't typically do them, though this next visit in April I have O'hana breakfast booked late for one of our sleep in days. I possibly may drop it, I booked a lot of ADR but have some shifting to do, but want to wait and see what FPs we get and how my park plan turns out.

I experienced a lot of open spots when I was at 180 for dining reservations, and was surprised. I even had CRT, which I booked, then have since cancelled. $366 for the four of us, no. Especially when I'm the only one that was excited to dine there, just not worth that price. I don't have a Disney Visa, but if you can earn points to cover a meal, that's good!

My DH and I aren't fond of the character meals, find them way overpriced, but then my kids aren't hugely into the character meets. If you want to do a character meal, I'd price out the differences with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and see if any of them are cheaper. We just don't typically do them, though this next visit in April I have O'hana breakfast booked late for one of our sleep in days. I possibly may drop it, I booked a lot of ADR but have some shifting to do, but want to wait and see what FPs we get and how my park plan turns out.

We had Free Dining twice and my grand daughters were younger then and we did tons of character meals so done with those for the most part. I made ADRs for CM, CP, 1900 PF and once I can make FP+ will cancel all but one. The prices are crazy, for my family of 5, those dinners are going to cost ~$250-270.

I also made an ADR for ABC Commissary, liked that you can make one for dinner even though its QS. . I know it doesn't get very good ratings, but we have eaten there every trip and it's not too bad. Plus I have one DGD who is picky and one that has food allergies and they can/will both eat there.

We have a split stay and when I can make the rest of my ADRs I am going to try to get one for Pizzafari Family Dinner at AK, another QS place that you can make an ADR for.

Right now I have ADRs for BOG lunch, 2 'Ohana breakfasts (uncertain which day we'll go yet), Raglan Road dinner, SciFi lunch, Diamond Horseshoe lunch, and T-Rex dinner. I won't keep them all. We will do more quick serve, and also sometimes just rather eat at the resort rather than be on an ADR schedule.

Booked Dolphin (with Marriott gift cards and points!) for 4/18-4/21/2020!!! ADRs are made (BOG PPO, Sci-Fi, Ohana). Now to wait for FP+ in February!!!

Joining in on the April countdown! DH and I will be at Yacht Club garden view April 19-26, celebrating my 1st retirement (after 22 years with the same company) and DH's 42nd birthday! I thought it was perfect since both happen to fall in the same week. It will be our 2nd trip without the kids- first was in Jan. for our 22nd anniversary. We're most looking forward to being close to Epcot for Flower & Garden and DHS for Star Wars land.

One thing we liked about the "two of us" trip was being more spontaneous. We've been with our kids starting at almost 2 and almost 6, I went as a chaperone on DS2's high school band trip, we've been twice with the boys and their girlfriends, and it's hard work planning and making sure everyone is happy and gets to do what they want. By now the two of us know what we like and can plan a little less if it's just us.

I made adr's last week but not too many. Even though we'll be there on DH's actual birthday, all he said he definitely wants to do is ride Haunted Mansion and Pirates and eat a Dole Whip! It'll be our last park day so we'll likely just wing it and hit everything we missed or want to do again since we have hoppers.

So far the plan is...

Arrival Day:
breakfast at home, load up vehicle, drive 4 hours to Jacksonville
lunch at Whataburger (being from Texas and now living in South Carolina where there are none, this has become a tradition)
arrive at YC around 3:00 and check in
pop over to a park to activate our military salute tickets
dinner at Ale & Compass (new)

Park day 1:
breakfast at Boma- DH's request
AK day
lunch at Satuli Canteen (new)
dinner at Restaurantosaurus if they're still doing the burger and dessert meal (new) or Flame Tree

Park day 2:
breakfast at Beach Club Market Place on our way to walking to Epcot
Epcot day
lunch and dinner will be eating at all the food booths for Flower & Garden (only been once in 2016)

Park day 3:
breakfast ppo at Plaza
MK day
lunch at Sleepy Hollow (DH hasn't tried the chicken waffle sandwich but I did on the band trip and have been wanting one ever since...)
dinner at Pecos Bill's

Down day:
breakfast at Ale & Compass (new)
relaxing at the resort and definitely Stormalong Bay
lunch at Beaches & Cream or Hurricane Hannah's (both new)
evening at DS
dinner at The Edison (new)

Park day 4:
breakfast at Boardwalk Bakery on our way to DHS
DHS day
lunch at Sci-Fi (DH's request)
dinner at Woody's (new)

Park day 5 (DH's b-day):
totally winging it!

Departure day:
breakfast at Market @ Ale & Compass
pack up and hit the road so we're not up too late since we'll be back to work the next day

Booked Dolphin (with Marriott gift cards and points!) for 4/18-4/21/2020!!! ADRs are made (BOG PPO, Sci-Fi, Ohana). Now to wait for FP+ in February!!!
Sweet! That's my plan one day, trying to build up enough points for a stay at the Dolphin.

Sweet! That's my plan one day, trying to build up enough points for a stay at the Dolphin.
I'll let you know how it was! We've stayed both on and off property over the years and curious how the Dolphin will feel.

I'll let you know how it was! We've stayed both on and off property over the years and curious how the Dolphin will feel.
Great! I wanted to split stay this time with Dolphin and SOG, or BC (with no points) but didn't have enough points to use for Dolphin to make it happen.

ADR day is tomorrow for me...well, ADR day #1, since I have a split stay. Here's what I'm thinking:

Sunday 4/26, arrival day:
California Grill dinner around 8ish
Might cancel this- I only have 1 day at FQ, and I'd like to spend a LOT of time at the resort (do I firework or not firework? That is the question)

Monday 4/27, MK day:
Skipper Canteen for lunch around 1ish
California Grill dinner around 8ish
I'll either keep this one or the Sunday one. If I kept this one, I'd eat light at Skipper, do CA Grill, maybe see the fireworks, and then end the evening @ Trader Sam's.

Tuesday, 4/28, Epcot day:
Probably nothing, but will look for day-of Tokyo Dining if I want something

Wednesday, 4/29, AK day:
Boma for dinner around 5pm (first time for dinner, can't wait!!)

Thursday, 4/30, HS day:
Probably nothing, might try to get a table at HBD lounge

Friday, 5/1, departure day:
Probably nothing, I like to maximize my time in the parks before I have to leave!

Joining the party! We're doing one last trip while my daughter is still an official "kid" according to Disney(she turns 10 in May).

We'll be there 4/15-4/22. Currently at Pop (our usual), but keeping an eye on deals somewhere else.

Got our southwest flights this morning when the window opened. Prices weren't bad considering it's spring break time.

This will be our first trip since Toy Story Land (just missed the opening last trip) and Galaxy's Edge opened. So we're excited for those.

New places we're planning on trying this time:
Storybook Dining at Artist Point
Topolino's
Tusker House
Hoping the space restaurant will be open and we can get an ADR for that.

Also planning on doing our first dessert party for my husband's birthday.

Looking forward to planning with everyone!

April 22 to 27th/28th, depending on waitlist.
grabbed my 1st ADRs at Cali Grill and Jaleo so far, seems I am doing the same places over and over again though

Us too! One more trip before the big guy ages out of being a “kid”, kind of breaks my heart. Just did ADRs and getting super excited for Artist Point! I’m on the watch for Space 220 as well! Do you think Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railway will be up by then too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!