*****Official April 2020 thread*****

I will be going the last week of April and into the first week of May. Love Flower and Garden! I will also be in the parks in two weeks from today and also first week of November. Going to enjoy the AP!

Awesome! I'm going to enjoy my AP too- starting this April, then in July, then finally in April 2021. Have a great time on all of your trips!

Last edited:
Hiya Disney Lovers :)
My niece is running the Half Marathon and we are tagging along from April 10-20. There will be myself, my boyfriend, my parents & nephew my sister, BIL & niece. We each have a room at Sports. We will also be doing a few days at Universal :) Happy Planning

Last Flower and Garden I quickly saw some wine glasses with Flower and Garden theme (it seemed they were plastic) when going through Mousegears. We were in a little hurry to leave the park, so I couldn't stop and look (or buy!), and didn't get to go back to Epcot as we were busy with other parks. I hope I see something similar next year. We went through Disney Springs later that week in hope I'd see it, but didn't. I think it would be cool to have 2020 wine glasses. I don't buy lots of souvenirs, usually not more than $50 for me, even if that. Last visit I brought back a coffee mug!

Just to get some momentum on the planning process (and since this is the April 2020 board and dining window would open up soon for us all), do you have any dining reservations you are for sure trying to get? And, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Do you plan to do any character meals? I'll start, and then maybe your ideas may be something I may want to go look at the menu for to consider!

Anyway, my dining thoughts as of right now are here below. No particular order, since I haven't thought out park days yet. These are just one time each on the reservations, breakfast we don't typically do, we'll eat in the room whatever we pick up from the store or Instacart. Lunch typically counter service, and dinner counter service also, or at the hotel.

MK - Be Our Guest for lunch
HS - Maybe try out Sci Fi for lunch
Epcot - Via Napoli, lunch or dinner
Animal Kingdom - ?

Disney Springs: Maria and Enzo's Ristorante
Resort dining: Ohana for breakfast, California Grille

I have no idea what we are going to do for dining this trip! We try to "try" one new place each trip. Either sit down or counter service. I don't even know what parks we plan on doing what days!! I think I'll try and snag some at Oga's but that's probably it. Last year we did a dessert party (Garden Party at MK) and we all loved it so much. I hope this year to do one at HS.

I’m hoping the space restaurant is open when we go (4/16-4/23). That’s the one I want to try! We went a little ADR crazy our last trip (April 2018) and we have a big group overall (15 this time!) so we are trying to make fewer reservations this time.

I’m thinking we might make smaller group lunch ADRs because nothing really saps my strength faster than wandering the park midday trying to find a QS place for lunch with the kids already dragging.

We are also staying at the BC so we are trying to make this trip a little more Epcot/DHS/boardwalk focused and I’m hoping that such close access to the WS might open up some dining options for our picky kids.

Just to get some momentum on the planning process (and since this is the April 2020 board and dining window would open up soon for us all), do you have any dining reservations you are for sure trying to get? And, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Do you plan to do any character meals? I'll start, and then maybe your ideas may be something I may want to go look at the menu for to consider!

Anyway, my dining thoughts as of right now are here below. No particular order, since I haven't thought out park days yet. These are just one time each on the reservations, breakfast we don't typically do, we'll eat in the room whatever we pick up from the store or Instacart. Lunch typically counter service, and dinner counter service also, or at the hotel.

MK - Be Our Guest for lunch
HS - Maybe try out Sci Fi for lunch
Epcot - Via Napoli, lunch or dinner
Animal Kingdom - ?

Disney Springs: Maria and Enzo's Ristorante
Resort dining: Ohana for breakfast, California Grille

My ADR date opens on 10/29/19 and I have no clue what I'm doing. It's hard to say why...I am usually super into planning and scheduling and whatnot. But I feel like this is going to be a REALLY laid back trip for me. I feel like I don't want to be locked in to a set time for an ADR.

That being said, I obviously am still going to schedule some ADR's simply because I think TS is the best food and I've been so burnt on QS. Here's my thoughts:

Definities:
--California Grill for dinner (2nd time here: I want a ravioli, a fancy drink or two, and like 3 other appetizers)

Maybes:
--Sanaa for lunch (first time, I really want that bread service)
--Boma for dinner or breakfast (done breakfast but not dinner)

I can't decide with AKL. I thought Boma breakfast was AMAZING and I want to go back, and I so want to try everything at Boma dinner. But Sanaa is a choice too...I feel like I have to pick 1/3, and it's so hard.

Park possibilities:
MK - Skipper Canteen (Is there anything better than a Shiriki Noodle Salad, shu mai, and a Kungaloosh beer in the middle of your MK day, followed by a Citrus Swirl afterward?!)

Epcot - Tokyo Dining (always wanted to eat here, their sushi looks good)

Animal Kingdom - I love AK QS so no ADR's here (Mr. Kamal's fries + a Bibo from Harambe Market?! Amazing)

HS - Not even sure I'm going here, so who knows.

Springs - I typically graze at Springs (so many good places) but the only 2 places I might make an ADR are Frontera (been there before, I could go for guac + marg) or Homecomin' (never been, fried chicken looks killer).

If anyone has any comments on my food, feel free to chime in. Remember this is a solo trip and whatever I order I have to eat all by my lonesome! :drinking1

My kids love BOG and how they "magically" have the correct order brought to the table, so we will definitely do that again. Lunch though, dinner is more than I feel like paying. I want to try and have maybe two more ADRs to try add, and so need to already think about what park, what day, soon. However, if not worrying about ADRs, that leaves more flexibility to decide later when time for FPs.

I have my current meals plotted on a spreadsheet and am just waiting for ADR day:

Breakfasts:
Topolino's Terrace
Grand Floridian Cafe

Lunches:
Beaches and Cream
Via Napoli
Sci-Fi Dine-In
Liberty Tree Tavern
Yak & Yeti

Dinners:
Yachtsman
Topolino's Terrace
STK (or something else in DS)
'Ohana
Hoop Dee Doo

I also bought Cirque du Soleil tickets and am really hoping DAH is extended into March/April. I would like it for MK!

I also bought Cirque du Soleil tickets and am really hoping DAH is extended into March/April. I would like it for MK!
Ah, that's a whole other topic to think about! Will they have DAH next spring?! And then, to consider if we'll go!

Ah, that's a whole other topic to think about! Will they have DAH next spring?! And then, to consider if we'll go!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for DAH. MK mostly, but I'd take it in any park!

Now planning on April 19-27. Would be glad to meet up with other solo travelers going around that time.

Booked us a trip in April for Spring Break. First 3 days at Disney's Vero Beach then we will make the 2 hour drive to Disney World for a week at the Destino Tower, Club Level. It will be a first of first trip for us as we never been to Vero Beach Resort but if it's anything like Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort then we will be thrilled! Also first stay at Destino Tower. So excited for this trip!! April 3rd thru the 11th.

We're trying to decide on meals. We're definitely doing BOG for lunch and a dinner at Restaurant Marrakech.
We're going to do a princess meal but I'm debating between the options. I'm also debating 50s Prime Time and Chef Mickey's.

I've been in April twice now and only noticed them on this last trip (last week of April 2019) at the very tail end, like Wednesday/Thursday/Friday (May 1/2/3). But they were really bad those days and those things were everywhere. If you have an earlier April trip I'd think you'd be fine...but I'm not a lovebug expert.

Anybody have any idea when Spirit/Frontier/Southwest open up their flight schedules for all of April?

Anybody have any idea when Spirit/Frontier/Southwest open up their flight schedules for all of April?

From SW website (scroll to bottom of SW front page, under Flying Southwest, click Flight Schedules.
We are currently accepting air reservations through April 13, 2020. On October 30, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through June 6, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

No idea about Spirit or Frontier, I don't fly with them so unaware of their schedule release news.

From SW website (scroll to bottom of SW front page, under Flying Southwest, click Flight Schedules.
We are currently accepting air reservations through April 13, 2020. On October 30, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through June 6, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

No idea about Spirit or Frontier, I don't fly with them so unaware of their schedule release news.

Thank you! It's hard to find this info sometimes and the schedules of releasing aren't very consistent...I've never flown Frontier and I see really mixed things about them, but wanted to check them out as well!

Thank you! It's hard to find this info sometimes and the schedules of releasing aren't very consistent...I've never flown Frontier and I see really mixed things about them, but wanted to check them out as well!
No problem. I figure straight from site is the best source, but I also google and get info from travel blogs, etc. Frontier may be worthwhile I suppose if you're near a hub. Currently we choose to fly SW at this period of time, and then I do a quick check also with AA or JetBlue just in case I see something at a good price.

On another note, decided not to do DAH if it does come out, because we are going with six day military park hoppers instead that are available in 2020. I think it'll come out cheaper rather than doing a night of DAH, except the drawback is we'll lose the perks of having DAH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!