Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

I’m nervous to rebook with the APR. Right now we are booked in a deluxe 2Q at HRH. We all have regular park tickets but was planning on upgrading to AP if I found a good rate. With the new APH rate we would save about $100/night (!) for our trip in August, BUT would need to downgrade to a standard 2Q with rollaway. Here‘s were my concerns lie: DH is concerned about getting the smaller room as there are 5 of us. Kids are all grown now, so that’s more of a squeeze in a regular size room. We have stayed in the deluxe before and love the extra room and fold out couch. The First half of our trip we will be in Disney for 5 days, so we were planing on a more relaxing second half ergo more time spent in the resort/room. Do they ever release discounts for the deluxe rooms? My biggest concern though is the AP itself. Do you think there might be a possibility of additional blackout Dates for APs due to social distancing and reduced capacity in the parks?

Can you check the APH rates without having a current AP?

I’m nervous to rebook with the APR. Right now we are booked in a deluxe 2Q at HRH. We all have regular park tickets but was planning on upgrading to AP if I found a good rate. With the new APH rate we would save about $100/night (!) for our trip in August, BUT would need to downgrade to a standard 2Q with rollaway. Here‘s were my concerns lie: DH is concerned about getting the smaller room as there are 5 of us. Kids are all grown now, so that’s more of a squeeze in a regular size room. We have stayed in the deluxe before and love the extra room and fold out couch. The First half of our trip we will be in Disney for 5 days, so we were planing on a more relaxing second half ergo more time spent in the resort/room. Do they ever release discounts for the deluxe rooms? My biggest concern though is the AP itself. Do you think there might be a possibility of additional blackout Dates for APs due to social distancing and reduced capacity in the parks?
If all the kids are 18 and over, you will be hit with the surcharge for all of them.

Ask yourself, do you want to save money or splurge for the larger room.
$40 per person surcharge over the 2 adults ( you and spouse) adds up per night.

If most of your time will be spent in the parks or city walk and only in the room to sleep, standard room
might work ok.

Ask yourself, do you want to save money or splurge for the larger room.
$40 per person surcharge over the 2 adults ( you and spouse) adds up per night.
The $100 savings is including the surcharge for the extra adults in the room and the cost of the rollaway. So it’s really a significant savings for the downgrade
I guess I’m most concerned with the thought that there might be blackout dates On the AP bc of social distancing.
Are you allowed to make more than one reservation for the same dates?

Sure you can make more than one reservation, but you will need to put a separate deposit on each reservation you make.

Are you sure the actual prices dropped for a given room type? The only time I've actually seen a room price drop is when APH rate become available or a cheaper room type opens up...

I originally booked a pool view, since it was the cheapest. I rebooked a standard room when it became the cheapest. My second rebook was for APH rate in a garden view which was an upgrade. Based on the amount of time we spend in the room vs. time in the parks and City Walk, the view doesn't matter to me; but, the APH was an upgraded room at a cheaper rate.

It looks as though a lot of APH rates have disappeared (July and October) and there is a new warning on the hotel reservations site.

Finally got my deluxe 2 queen AP rate- saving about $200! Very grateful to this thread and tips to check the booking site daily- perseverance pays off 😊

:wave2: Just popping in to say AP discounts are available for October at RP. Did not check other resorts.

Also does Universal send an email to renew AP pass at a discount? We received one from Disney but not USO.

Looked at HRH in September with AP discount and they had some really good rates. And if you purchase an AP through September 2020 they are extending them an additional 3 months. Looks like Universal will be getting our money this fall and winter....

Yes.
UO will send out an email to renew your ap.

Thank you.
Maybe since they added additional time to the expiration date, it's too early for the notice. We did receive a few AP Updates including the By Invitation Only for AP holders reopening but nothing about renewing.

Thank you.
Maybe since they added additional time to the expiration date, it's too early for the notice. We did receive a few AP Updates including the By Invitation Only for AP holders reopening but nothing about renewing.

we're in the same boat. Our original renewal date is next week, but with the closure it's been extended. I keep waiting for an email as we have a return trip planned and I'd like to be sure to renew at a discounted rate.

we're in the same boat. Our original renewal date is next week, but with the closure it's been extended. I keep waiting for an email as we have a return trip planned and I'd like to be sure to renew at a discounted rate.

Oh, did you see this thread: Annual Pass Expiration Date Validation
@tony67 recommends "The only way to get the correct date is to email or call customer service." :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!