Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

looking to do a budget 3 night trip with my wife 3/29-4/1 and see that the two new Budget Hotels are 124 a night hoping for closer to 79 a night rate which we saw for early November last year and also hoping to snag one night at an express Pass hotel for a little over two hundred right now they are over 300. I'll keep checking every day...maybe I'll book 3 nights at dockside for 124/night as worst case scenario...

Early November is much more of a value season compared to late March /early April.

If you want to not spend any money, you could have everyone load up on the buses (with their luggage), ride over to City Walk and then either walk your luggage through City Walk to the HRH or catch a bus to the HRH (though I think those may only run every 30 minutes rather than continuously like at the lower level hotels.)
Perhaps if traveling, really light, as in if you just have a book bag or two

I’m all about saving a few $ to make things work, but think this isn’t the way to go.

consider you have to go thru security after drop off.

Might want to check to see if luggage is permitted on the hotel shuttles. Multiple checked or carryon wheeled bags would be rather bulky on the shuttles (that often are crowded & have people standing). It could easily be a bit of an imposition on fellow guests. Not sure how a small child could wrangle their own luggage in this manner, it’s not exactly a short walk from the hotel bus drop off point.

With the number of ‘onsite’ hotels increasing, woudn’t be surprised to see U offer some sort of luggage service for those doing split stays in the future. Until that time, ride share service probably best bet but need to take into consideration the # of bags. Many of the vehicles are smaller (compact to mid size) & won’t hold more than 2 large bags in the trunk

If you want to not spend any money, you could have everyone load up on the buses (with their luggage), ride over to City Walk and then either walk your luggage through City Walk to the HRH or catch a bus to the HRH (though I think those may only run every 30 minutes rather than continuously like at the lower level hotels.)

I wonder if you can actually go through citywalk. You’d have to go through security with the suitcases. Definitely wouldn’t be allowed through if you had a razor or tweezers or such.

My daughter and I transferred from Cabana Bay to Royal Pacific a year or so ago using the buses to City Walk (when we asked about getting luggage sent to RPR, they said they no longer did that, but maybe they have brought it back) and then using the buses and water taxis. Note all our stuff fit in backpacks we could carry (we packed to carry our luggage on an airplane), so we had no issues getting through City Walk security and walking through City Walk.

I do agree though that if I had large pieces of heavy luggage, it might not get through City Walk security and even if it did, it would be a pain to walk through City Walk with it. If damo's experience is again possible, that may be the best/easiest way to go, but if it isn't, my first choice would be to use Uber (or a similar service).

My daughter and I transferred from Cabana Bay to Royal Pacific a year or so ago using the buses to City Walk (when we asked about getting luggage sent to RPR, they said they no longer did that, but maybe they have brought it back) and then using the buses and water taxis. Note all our stuff fit in backpacks we could carry (we packed to carry our luggage on an airplane), so we had no issues getting through City Walk security and walking through City Walk.

I do agree though that if I had large pieces of heavy luggage, it might not get through City Walk security and even if it did, it would be a pain to walk through City Walk with it. If damo's experience is again possible, that may be the best/easiest way to go, but if it isn't, my first choice would be to use Uber (or a similar service).

We took our bags to the luggage services desk at Cabana Bay at about 8 am and picked them up at Royal Pacific around dinner time. They couldn't guarantee a time but the service was there.

I’m debating switching to Endless Summer for our first night since our flight doesn’t get in until 5pm but need to research logistics of switching hotels. There are 6 of us and we aren’t planning to rent a car.

Based on my September trip, I would not recommend a split stay. It sounded like a brilliant idea - spend one night at HRH, get 2 days of EP, before switching to Cabana Bay for the rest of our trip.

Things that we didn't anticipate:

- Our room wasn't available until very close to 4 p.m. (and I'm convinced the only reason we got a room then was because we showed back up at the hotel). We had an early morning flight, it was a hot day, and we desperately needed a 30 minute nap. This could very well happen to you on your cross-over day, leaving you "homeless" for several hours.
- It was frustrating to figure out our way around a brand new (to us) hotel - where the room, food, transportation, etc. were - for less than 24 hours.
- There were lines at the check-in desks at both hotel - and at the baggage check at HRH - to be dealt with. Thankfully our room at CB was ready when we got there at 11 a.m. or there would have been another baggage check.
- While the transport from HRH to CB should have been easy (I had the Lyft app all set up and there was only two of us), there was a known glitch that prevented pick-ups from HRH. After struggling with it for way too long, we wound up getting a ride from a Universal car.

If Universal had on-line check-in and and reliable luggage transfer service, I might consider it again. Until then, I've sworn off split stays.

I decided to do the split stay. $440 ($220 on each room) is a significant enough savings that we can deal with the inconvenience of being “homeless” for a day. It will be our first park day so we’ll likely be in the parks most of the day anyway. It also looks like an Uber XL (which will fit all 6 of us) between Endless Summer and Hard Rock should be less than $10.

Just cancelled our Room Only Universal trip, Jan 17-23rd for RPR. This was such a great rate too AP Stay More, Save More - Standard 2 Queen Room. Grand Total: $1,665.56

We did a split stay last week between CB and RP. First time we've done an 'on property' split - in the past, we've done one night at the Fairfield, then moved to Universal.

Actually, we did 3 hotels in 4 nights. Our first night was at the Best Western at Disney Springs so that we could get the early FP+ booking and would be close to those parks. Then we moved to CB, then RP.

We felt the split was totally worth it - especially because we needed 2 rooms at each place.

We did have to wait a few hours for our room in RP, but we left our bags at the baggage counter and headed to the parks.

Did they make a change to the Loews website? I used to enter the APH code to see if a discount is available, but now I can't find the option to enter promo codes.

I now see AP rates up through May 22.
Nothing for my week though of May 25-29. That's a holiday week. I'm guessing they don't usually offer AP rates for the holiday week? Does anyone know?
We're staying at Royal Pacific. Just a basic 2 queen room.

I don’t know about May, but we’re going 2/17-2/21, which is a holiday week with President’s Day and I wondered the same thing. APH rates were available through 2/13 quite a while ago. They did just release discounts that include that week, although of course it’s more expensive than non-holiday weeks.

Did they make a change to the Loews website? I used to enter the APH code to see if a discount is available, but now I can't find the option to enter promo codes.
I don't see a place to enter it, either. You can add "&promo=aph" (without the quotes) to the end of the URL.

Or, use the Universal version of the windsurfers site: https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...hildren=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

Note that you can change any of the date, nights, rooms, and people parameters in that URL to get you directly where you want.

First of all i want to thank everyone for such valuable information. Myself, my wife, my daughter, age 9 and son age 4 will be making the trip to universal March 30-April 2. We are planning to stay at RP, HRH, or PF, to take advantage of the quick pass. the stay and play package was $2700 for the duration, but i found this thread, thankfully, and it looks like i can get HRH and seasonal passes for all 4 of us for $2200.

i have a couple of quick questions:
1) we will be there during mardi gras. will just having seasonal pass kick us out of anything since mardi gras is during that time?
2) do the hotel rates change? should i go ahead and get a reservation now or will the price go down?
3) is it better to go ahead and purchase the season pass now or wait and see if there is a better deal? will there be any rate hikes from now until the end of march?
4) am i missing anything?

once again, thank you all so much. i am so happy i found this thread.

1. If there is a concert in US, you won't be able to get into that park. I don't think the exact dates have been released yet: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/mardi-gras
Last year they had concerts most every Saturday and maybe every other Sunday as well: https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201901/6533/

2. If you make the hotel reservation directly with Loews/Universal (rather than a 3rd party or package deal), you should be able to cancel it with no penalties usually up to 5 days or so before your stay. So there is no reason to wait on making a reservation. But to answer your question, in general, the rates don't usually go down as you get closer to the date, they go up. Yes, APH rates may or may not have been released yet for your dates (and you may or may not ever see them for you dates), but if you've made a direct hotel reservation and you find a cheaper rate, grab it and cancel your original reservation.

If you go through a 3rd party or purchase a "package deal", you need be very careful of the cancellation/change policies as you could be locked in with penalties if you make a rate (or any other) change later.

3. In general, you aren't going to see major deals on AP purchases. You might find something during a few special "purchase days" like Black Friday and such, but other than that, I don't remember seeing much in AP discounts. And do note, it is possible the AP prices could go up if you wait around too long.

4. Depending on your spending patterns, there can be benefits from having one person with a higher level AP (i.e. food discounts, etc.) So you might look at the benefits of the more expensive APs and see if you purchase 3 Seasonal Passes and 1 higher pass, you might save more than the extra cost.

5. One more thing, since all of you will have APs, in years past, Universal has offered AP holders the opportunity to sign-up for participating in one of their afternoon Mardi Gras parades. We did that a few years ago and you ride the float and throw out the beads to everyone as the floats pass by. My daughter loved doing that. It gives you a much different experience from just watching the floats go by.

Finally! I booked my CBBR stay Feb 3-8 back in July at the SMSM rate,$130.50 weekdays, $141.75 Friday (was poolside). When AP rates came out, they did not include standard rooms. I watched over the last few months as more rate categories disappeared from the AP listing, as it seemed they were getting booked up. Then today, just 1 month before my trip, the standard room showed AP rates. Down to $119.00 weekday/$139 Friday. Saved me about $55, which makes me happy.

AND, following up, I advised someone a few days ago that the SMSM rates are often better than the AP rates once you get past 5 days, so I checked the SMSM rates again for the standard room and sure enough, better than the AP. Now I have $115.50 weekday/$126.75 Friday. Saved another $29.50. Pays to keep checking

Last edited:
I have 2 trips planned this year...HHN, and a concert in July the week after the 4th....possibly a trip after Thanksgiving (so maybe 3 trips?). I've only made reservations for HHN so far. I'll use this page as I book the reservations/get a deal with the AP.

HHN: Royal Pacific King Suite dates 10/8 - 10/12 (Thur-Mon) avg $388 a night SMSM rate

July : July 8-11 (Wed-Sat) would like to stay at HR but not booked yet due to the $500+ cost.. "developing"

Nov/Dec: probably Cabana Bay... "developing"

Our room wasn't available until very close to 4 p.m. (and I'm convinced the only reason we got a room then was because we showed back up at the hotel). We had an early morning flight, it was a hot day, and we desperately needed a 30 minute nap. This could very well happen to you on your cross-over day, leaving you "homeless" for several hours.
Thank you for sharing your experience. You definitely do trade off a degree of comfort & need to be flexible when doing a spit stay. This is true with split hotel stays at both U &WDW. Have to be prepared that you may very well be waiting until stated checkin time...sometimes even later unfortunately.

Personally, I’m not a fan of online checkin. Correction, I appreciate Hilton’s version, just not WDW’s version of it. After several years of being unhappy with my room assignment after online checkin was introduced, i realized that things worked out better when I stopped at their resort desk in the morning. Something about a face-to-face with a CM seems to make my room requests (that I’ve previously had faxed thru touring plans) generally materialize. Have enjoyed many lovely conversations with the staff as a bonus.

Since the Loews youfirst program is a thing of the past, I always stop at the checkin desk whenever we arrive onsite. In the past I knew I had a suite awaiting us. Easy enough to stop since already storing luggage & parking our rental car. The staff at the HRH, PBH, RP & SF have always been very considerate of my preferences in accordance with the room inventory available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter