Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

I called universal the other day to change my reservations due to the new 35% off promo. I asked them about AP rates coming out and they said that they currently have AP promos only for Florida residents and that the promos for us non Floridians wouldn't come out til after that promo is done. Which they said was early January. Kind of frustrating having to wait so long to see if it would be worthwhile.
How do you learn about that 35% promotion; is that an email list or for previous guests?

How do you learn about that 35% promotion; is that an email list or for previous guests?
I'm not sure how they decided who got that email. Are you signed up to receive promotional emails from Universal? I also had a stay at CBBR in November and have an AP, so it could be from any of those.

I didn't get the email either, and I have reservations for both RPR and CBBR for February. I signed up for emails but haven't stayed on-property before. Basic 2 queen room at RPR is about 450 during our stay. Sigh. Any discount would make our trip much easier, so I wish I didn't have to wait till January to finalize plans.

I haven't gotten the email despite staying onsite numerous times and having a trip planned, but maybe they know I'm coming anyway? :) I'm very happy with my stay more, save more rate for early January.

But, I want to use an AP rate for later in the winter, if I'm not going to get a better offer. Can I really book now even though I won't be buying my AP until January?

But, I want to use an AP rate for later in the winter, if I'm not going to get a better offer. Can I really book now even though I won't be buying my AP until January?

Yes. Definitely. If you see an AP rate you want, book it ASAP. You can get your AP once there and show it to them at the desk during your stay.

Just a heads up that there are AP rates up for the week of 2/17 - I think there were some other people looking!

I have been searching for 2/17-2/21 and I see Hard Rock for $344, Portofino Bay for $354, Cabana Bay for $154.

Just booked for March 21-24 at Hard Rock, $344 for first night, $311 for the next two. Season rates were $529 for first night and $499 the rest.

Last edited:
Interestingly, I’ve waited all this time for AP rates for Endless Summer in Feb and on the same day that they came out, the price on Hotels.com in the UK has also dropped, which was actually the cheaper option of the two for me, as well as earning bonus nights. It’s at least worth a look at other sites before you lay your money down.

Looks like I can save $400 for the week and upgrade to Bay View at Portofino. I was hoping to either get club for about what we already had reserved or get a better discount on standard. Oh well, we will change our reservation now and hope availability goes up

looking to do a budget 3 night trip with my wife 3/29-4/1 and see that the two new Budget Hotels are 124 a night hoping for closer to 79 a night rate which we saw for early November last year and also hoping to snag one night at an express Pass hotel for a little over two hundred right now they are over 300. I'll keep checking every day...maybe I'll book 3 nights at dockside for 124/night as worst case scenario...

Thank you for this thread! Just booked Hard Rock for 2/17-2/21, $344/night each for two pool view 2 queen rooms.

I’m debating switching to Endless Summer for our first night since our flight doesn’t get in until 5pm but need to research logistics of switching hotels. There are 6 of us and we aren’t planning to rent a car.

I’m debating switching to Endless Summer for our first night since our flight doesn’t get in until 5pm but need to research logistics of switching hotels. There are 6 of us and we aren’t planning to rent a car.
Probably the "easiest" option would be to use Uber (or similar). Given how close the 2 hotels are, the cost shouldn't be much (i.e. $10 or less). Given there are 6 of you, I'd say put all the luggage in the Uber car and have 1 or 2 persons ride over with the luggage. Everyone else can use the buses to City Walk and then walk to the HRH. Shouldn't take much coordinating.

If you want to not spend any money, you could have everyone load up on the buses (with their luggage), ride over to City Walk and then either walk your luggage through City Walk to the HRH or catch a bus to the HRH (though I think those may only run every 30 minutes rather than continuously like at the lower level hotels.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter