Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

As a former AP holder from days of yore (when the preferred cost less than $200), I never got around to utilizing the hotel discount. The value wasn't really there for me as a solo; I tended to just buy the 2-park EP outright. But I just decided to grab one night, Aug 17, at RPR since it was $199 pre-tax. Including the parking and the tax, they will get me for about $255, but two days of even the basic EP is already over $200 if I understood their calendar correctly. If business isn't to their liking, I suppose it could even go lower so I'll need to keep an eye on it.

But only for one night--then it's back to the two-star offsite where I belong. :charac2:

Universal is currently offering 3 months free on new AP purchases!
We just purchased APs when we were there last week and were not given the 3 months free. Sent an e-mail to customer service but no response. Tried the chat in the app and they couldn't help me so I have to call.

UPDATE: They extended them 3 months, but when I look in the app it still has the original expiration date. I'll give it a couple of days.

Last edited:

We recently decided to scrap our Discovery Cove trip and go to Universal instead this August. We are Disney veterans, but brand new to Universal. Last week, I booked a week at Portofino w/tickets for my family of 4. Today, I discovered the APH for the resorts. This almost sounds too good to be true, so I need someone to confirm what I am coming up with. It looks like I could purchase seasonal annual passes for all 4 of us and stay at PBH for over $400 less than the package I booked for the week. I see there are some blackout dates, but those don't interfere with our plans. Am I missing something - is there a catch?

We recently decided to scrap our Discovery Cove trip and go to Universal instead this August. We are Disney veterans, but brand new to Universal. Last week, I booked a week at Portofino w/tickets for my family of 4. Today, I discovered the APH for the resorts. This almost sounds too good to be true, so I need someone to confirm what I am coming up with. It looks like I could purchase seasonal annual passes for all 4 of us and stay at PBH for over $400 less than the package I booked for the week. I see there are some blackout dates, but those don't interfere with our plans. Am I missing something - is there a catch?

You could also just purchase 1 AP. You don't have to have an AP for everyone in the room. If tickets are cheaper, then just get 1 AP. It's not a scam or joke. It's real, and it's awesome! The only problem with UO AP rates is that they can come pretty late. However, you don't need an AP to see the discounts once they are released. So, you can reserve the room at the AP rate wait to the last minute to buy your AP. You could buy it when you arrive.

We found something similar last week. We were going to buy the Buy 2 Get 2 days free passes but found the Seasonal Passes were just a little bit more and then saved enough on the hotel to almost pay for the APs.

You could also just purchase 1 AP. You don't have to have an AP for everyone in the room. If tickets are cheaper, then just get 1 AP. It's not a scam or joke. It's real, and it's awesome! The only problem with UO AP rates is that they can come pretty late. However, you don't need an AP to see the discounts once they are released. So, you can reserve the room at the AP rate wait to the last minute to buy your AP. You could buy it when you arrive.
That's exactly what I was hoping I could do - book the room and wait to purchase the tickets. Flexibility is key in the event we need to cancel. Thanks so much for the info!

If you purchase a season pass and you stay at Royal Pacifica or Hard Rock do you still get early park entry and express pass? I see that those 2 things aren't included with the season pass. However, we are planning on staying at one of those 2 resorts. Thanks

If you purchase a season pass and you stay at Royal Pacifica or Hard Rock do you still get early park entry and express pass? I see that those 2 things aren't included with the season pass. However, we are planning on staying at one of those 2 resorts. Thanks

Yes, the Early Entry and Express Pass are perks for staying at the 3 deluxes: Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portofino. The premiere AP benefit is really for locals. The hotel perk is much better, because the EP is unlimited, all day, as many rides as you want.

Prior to covid-19, the seasonal ap had block out dates
Restrictions have been lifted for this July.

I can not remember which month/s were effected but if you use the search button, and list... block out dates for seasonal ap.... threads will pop up

I’m not sure if that was your original question but taking a guess it was

My APH rate for Aventura 9/15-18 dropped from $89 to $79. I know Endless Summer was $79 and is now $69. Not sure if the rest dropped, but they are: Cabana Bay $79, Sapphire Falls $114, Royal Pacific $189, Hard Rock $204, Portfino $224.

Looks like pass holder rates for all but the premiers have dropped 10 dollars a night for the end of july beginning of august. Just modified ours and saved almost 100 dollars.

We have reservations with AP discounts for September. I’ll need to keep an eye out for drops in rates! I plan on buying AP for both DH and I and also fir all 3 kids (before 9/30/2020) to get the extra 3 months. The kids will gone with us in December and knowing we all have APs maybe they will be willing to come back with us since they will have 15 months to do so from December 2020.

Has anyone heard when Portofino Bay is going to open up? When I looked for AP rates for next month, Portofino isn't even listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter