Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Do you now need to have the AP on check-in day? I thought you used to be able to upgrade any time within your stay and show it by check out.

Thank you for all this information! Looking at our trip, we can pay only $48 more for me to buy the AP instead of our 2-day 2-park ticket and I can change from the Surfside Inn to the Royal Pacific for only $259 total for our whole stay!

Do you know if I can book two rooms with the AP rate since we are traveling with my in-laws? If so, that makes it an even better deal!
Doubtful it will be an issue
We have only tried this once with the AP and were told that you need 1 AP per room. My wife and I each had one, but none of our adult daughters do. The person that checked us in said my wife had to go in one room and I had to go in the other. So that's the way we checked in. We had no intention of actually splitting the rooms that way.

I didn't think about it until later, but that would have caused issues with our room keys opening the proper door. When we returned to get our room assignment (after they called us and said the room was ready), I explained to the person giving us our room and she had no issues moving us around to the proper rooms and still applying the discount.
They go above & beyond to make things right for their guests. As with cruise ships, they just want to avoid having a non connecting room with minors & no superving adult as to liability reasons.
The site will let me book two rooms under my name both at the AP rate. I figure I will buy my AP direct from Universal and the rest will get two day tickets from UT. If I end up needing a second AP for the second room, I’ll just have my husband or sister-in-law upgrade their ticket to an AP that day.

Thanks all!
Doubtful you will need the 2nd AP. Please report back if you run into this, even then I’d ask to speak to a manager. Enjoy your trip.
Do you now need to have the AP on check-in day? I thought you used to be able to upgrade any time within your stay and show it by check out.
Technically, yes as I understand it. It’s an accommodation to let guests not present it at checkin in the first place IMO, easy enough to stop back at the desk later that day.

They go above & beyond to make things right for their guests. As with cruise ships, they just want to avoid having a non connecting room with minors & no superving adult as to liability reasons.
I should have specified - our youngest would have been 21 at the time (and the oldest 25), so it wasn't that.

It could have easily been a TM that didn't know the policies, not sure. We weren't too put out as my wife and I were already planning a second trip and having APs made sense for the two of us.

We have just booked for the start of February. $84 per night for Endless Summer, $119 per night for Aventura and $229 per night for Hard Rock.

We are just waiting for rates for our final night 14th Feb.

I booked Portofino Bay hotel, Feb 13-14th 2020 AP @$264-bay view 2 queen beds. We have a 3rd adult so +$35 and 12.5% tax for a total of $337.

I can't seem to find any APH availability during my January vacation. I tried every single night. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Ideally I'd like 1/20-1/21 but I tried every night from 1/14 - 1/22 and found nothing.

I can't seem to find any APH availability during my January vacation. I tried every single night. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Ideally I'd like 1/20-1/21 but I tried every night from 1/14 - 1/22 and found nothing.

Hard rock is there at $254 from 20th - 21st. Pool view. I went in via the link on the first page

Try this ... link

Fiddle with the dates on the top.

Just bought 2 Preferred 2-park APs and booked:
  • 12/23 - Endless Summer (our first stay here)
    • For 2 (my wife and I) = $74
    • For 3 (our adult daughters) = $84
  • 12/24 & 12/25 - Royal Pacific
    • For 2 = $184/night
    • For 3 = $219/night
Even with the APs, that's over $700 in savings - not even counting the 2 additional park tickets I'd need to buy if we didn't get APs.

Quick question - when does the balance of a booking need to be paid? I have three bookings at different hotels over a 10 day stretch, but none of the confirmation emails mention this point.

Even with the APs, that's over $700 in savings - not even counting the 2 additional park tickets I'd need to buy if we didn't get APs.
Depending on which APH you purchased, onsite perks vary. don’t forget to check out all the current ones, dining discounts especially can produce nice savings over the course of a trip.

Is there any rhyme or reason to when APH rates are released? I need to book for Feb 17-21; I've been checking for a few weeks now but the latest date available is still Feb 13.

Is there any rhyme or reason to when APH rates are released? I need to book for Feb 17-21; I've been checking for a few weeks now but the latest date available is still Feb 13.
I'm looking for almost the same dates and it's been ages. Very frustrating. We're only staying until the 20th. Last year we went around the same time but had no AP yet, and we did the stay more play more so it was I think around $375/night. But not staying long enough this year to even get that discount. RPH is $434/night right now which is insane.

President’s day weekend a popular time to visit with so many kids out of school & people off work. Likely going to take their sweet time waiting to see how the hotels fill before releasing APH dates

Do they typically release APH rates for Spring Break times, or no since It is a busy time? I was shocked at the price for Spring Break! Way more than when we stayed before.

My husband and I are going to buy nonresident AP's (the cheapest as we don't vacation at the times that are blocked out). I have a question and don't know where to ask it, so here goes:
I know the AP doesn't activate until you actually use it the first time at Universal. I get that. However, we are going to check in to RPR early and won't have the AP activated til we get to the park later. Do we have to get it activated and then go back to the hotel to give them the proof, or can we wait until later when we are done at the parks to show them the AP?
Also, when I call in to the resort to book a room I won't have the activated AP at that time. Will I be able to use the paid in full receipt or whatever they give you when you pay for the AP but haven't used it yet?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!