Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

We will be at AKVL in a 1 bedroom value for this too!! Wednesday to Sunday!

What races are you running? We have 2 in the 5K and 2 in the 10K!
I think that's our length of stay too!

My daughter and I are definitely doing the 5K, and I'm hoping to get into the 10K (goes off to check again).

I can’t believe it, my 2 BR value went thru, got the notice last night. Unheard of, but we’ll take it.

Thanks guys! I was able to switch my BWV standard studio to an AKL value 1 bedroom. It was a wrench to give up such a low point room, but the value room made it less painful and I think the 1 bedroom will work out better with 3 adults.

Boy, we should have the disboards meet-up at AKL!

I called RunDisney about the 10K availability question and pretty much got told to send an email in. So I did. Still waiting to hear back, but I go out every so often and check, because I AM OBSESSED.

If anyone has information about a block of rooms for this race weekend, will you send me a private message? I am registered for the princess but am having a work conflict. So I am going to register for the Star Wars Weekend

I am confused. The main page to the Rival Run says that 10K memberships are available, but when I click on it, the next page says there aren't any available. Bwha?

Looks like they're still having the same issue. Wish some spots would open up, there's a group of 5 of us going, and one of them didn't sign up in time for the 10k, so he's doin the 5k. Want him to be able to do the 10k with us

Starting to think about Half costumes! But I’m from up north, where it’s hard to recreate the heat + humidity of Florida outside late summer.

The character costume I’m inspired by has long sleeves. Does anyone have suggestions for making long sleeves or arm sleeves work for these April races? Fabric type, brands of clothing, wicking?

I wore a tee shirt last year, but I’m looking at other options since there’s so much time to plan.

Has anyone walked to the start line from the Contemporary? I know the official stance is NO but I'm looking for an unofficial stance or previous experience. I know I've seen people walking from that way...

Has anyone walked to the start line from the Contemporary? I know the official stance is NO but I'm looking for an unofficial stance or previous experience. I know I've seen people walking from that way...
That would be a strange walk. You’d have to cross a major roadway. I certainly wouldn’t do it.

The character costume I’m inspired by has long sleeves. Does anyone have suggestions for making long sleeves or arm sleeves work for these April races? Fabric type, brands of clothing, wicking?

Not helpful, but two of my costumes are “supposed” to have long sleeves and I just can’t. It’s too hot and humid in FL for this Coloradan!

I’m going to be using heat transfer vinyl (I think) for a few of our costumes (I have 8 costumes to create for my family, ugh!), does anyone have experience with on tech fabric? Am I going to melt our shirts? :crazy2:

Does anyone have suggestions for making long sleeves or arm sleeves work for these April races? Fabric type, brands of clothing, wicking?
For the half? Nope. I'm Floridian and no way would I wear long sleeves for the half. I have worn a very thin long sleeve shirt for a SW 5K, and I paired a short sleeve shirt with arm sleeves (I just used Zensah calf sleeves - my arms are very short!) for a SW 10K, but both were pretty warm and I was glad they were shorter races.

I can't see any way of doing this, as the CR is pretty far from the TTC, where the race starts. You can walk to the MK, but that's on the opposite side of a lake from the start.

That’s what I expected to hear! :laughing: I’ve seen people wearing arm sleeves for the half and wondered if that was comfortable or not.
My husband is one of those people that often wears long sleeves no matter what the temperature is. I think it’s insane. So much sweat ends up contained. :crazy2: We live in Florida as well so his body is accustomed to it but still!
Personally, I wear a tank top most of the time and sometimes short sleeve made of a dry tech fabric.

Looks like they're still having the same issue. Wish some spots would open up, there's a group of 5 of us going, and one of them didn't sign up in time for the 10k, so he's doin the 5k. Want him to be able to do the 10k with us
I had a brief email discussion with a rep and now at least the front page is consistent with the detail page. Unfortunately, it means they're still showing sold out.

I just got my official results from my 10k Turkey Trot this morning. I finished 1:06:53. I have to say I was suprised, I was positive I could get under the 1:15 for a POT but I didnt think I could go under 1:08. According to stuff Ive seen here that should get me in corral D. It was my first official race and a great learning experience. Hope everyone else had success in whatever they ran.

Im just glad to get a time done to put in . with lack of training and flu the week of last run in my area was just glad to get a time and will start in corral B i think . im not going to push it on the day and go for a PB anyway so happy to just get a early start and will cruise along to enjoy it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!