Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

OK - looks like I’ll have Pop at $198/night plus taxes and fees and Riverside at $316/night plus taxes and fees. Waiting to hear about CB and a deluxe.
Thanks! Is that a standard room at Riverside? When I look on Disney’s website, it’s $294 for a standard room at Riverside so I wasn’t sure.

Thanks! Is that a standard room at Riverside? When I look on Disney’s website, it’s $294 for a standard room at Riverside so I wasn’t sure.

It should be for a standard, but when I looked at booking the math on the leisure rate vs. rack doesn't work out - so I've got an request for more info about that.

How much are tax and fees a night normally ?
12.5%.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm going to post a form in a day or two to see how much interest there is for these Star Wars rooms (with confirmed pricing and terms), but just give me a day or two to get the Princess group confirmed and taken care of.

just got the dolphin on a mystery site for 15-19th ( came up with all the same amenities and resort fees so was 99% sure ) for a great deal . we stayed here last year and loved the location so petty happy .

It should be for a standard, but when I looked at booking the math on the leisure rate vs. rack doesn't work out - so I've got an request for more info about that.

12.5%.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm going to post a form in a day or two to see how much interest there is for these Star Wars rooms (with confirmed pricing and terms), but just give me a day or two to get the Princess group confirmed and taken care of.
Thanks!

We are considering staying off property for the race next year. Having never done this, is it a giant hassle or easily doable? Thanks!

We always stay off property and have never had problems, but we’ve always been at the Orange Lake Resort, so I don’t know if coming from the “other side” of the parks meant our traffic patterns were easier.

We are considering staying off property for the race next year. Having never done this, is it a giant hassle or easily doable? Thanks!
No hassle at all, but easiest if you have a car. I rarely stay on property - when offsite, I try to leave my hotel within 15 minutes of when the onsite race buses start running. So, if buses start at 3am, I want to be on my way by 3:15am. It does get me there early, but I've never felt like I had too much time: it allows plenty of time to park, walk across the lot to the buses to the start, take the bus to the start, walk from the bus to the corrals, visit with some friends, and hit the porta-potties.

Out of curiosity, how is the star wars 10k compared to the other 10ks? Is it just the character stops/mileage number images are different?

Out of curiosity, how is the star wars 10k compared to the other 10ks? Is it just the character stops/mileage number images are different?
Since 2017, the Star Wars 10K has started in the Magic Kingdom parking lot and gone through both Hollywood Studios and Epcot. The course as I experienced it in 2017 and 2018 went nowhere near Galaxy's Edge so if they want the course to go through Galaxy's Edge, the course will have to change in 2020.

As to the rest of your question, the mile markers are all Star Wars characters. All the character stops are Star Wars characters. There are no Disney/Star Wars character mashups such as Jedi Mickey although many runners do mashups. When I ran the 10K in 2017 and 2018, it also had some photo ops for the Emperor's Throne and speeder bikes from Return of the Jedi. There are also photo stops with costumed fans from the 501st, Rebel Legion, or Mandalorian Mercs that will not have a Disney photographer at those fan stops.

I've only ran the Star Wars 10K and the Marathon Weekend 10K at Disney World. I liked the course for the Star Wars 10K much better than the Marathon Weekend 10K. Other runners who have ran more 10K races at Disney World can compare the Star Wars 10K to other 10K courses.

I did it in 2018 and the course was the same as the 2017 Wine and Dine (Wine and Dine changed routes in 2018 and I believe 2019’s Star Wars was that Route too so I’d assume 2020 SW will be the same/similar to 2019’s W&D)
On course characters/photo stops are all Star Wars (the only outlier in ‘18 were the Tower of Terror Bellhops in Studios)

Characters on course for that years 10k were:
Pre/Post: BB8, Kylo, Vader, Phasma, Boba Fett, Jaba’s Palace Backdrop* (finish only*)

On course were R2D2, Chewie, Darth Maul, Ezra & Sabine, then there were photo ops with the Emperors Throne and some vehicles as well as the above mentioned Bellhops and a few cosplay groups (bellhops and cosplayers were not photopass)

At risk of sounding flippant (which is not my intention!), the Star Wars 10K (as well as the SW 5K and half) is different because STAR WARS!!! The entire weekend is 100% SW themed and does not include non-SW characters, etc. In addition to the mile marker signs and character stops, the SW 10K also features the 501st Legion of SW cosplayers, which makes for extra fun and great photo opps. I know the SW half also has giant screens playing SW movie clips, but I can't seem to recall if the 10K does, too? I think so, but can't remember where.

As noted above, the course has been different than the Jan. or Princess 10Ks, too, though we don't yet know what course rD plans to use for 2020.

At risk of sounding flippant (which is not my intention!), the Star Wars 10K (as well as the SW 5K and half) is different because STAR WARS!!! The entire weekend is 100% SW themed and does not include non-SW characters, etc. In addition to the mile marker signs and character stops, the SW 10K also features the 501st Legion of SW cosplayers, which makes for extra fun and great photo opps.
I think it's good you phrased it the way you did. Runners who have never run a Star Wars race before should be aware that the race is themed exclusively to Star Wars, including pre/post race and on course characters, medals, race shirts, and anything else I might have forgotten.

I know the SW half also has giant screens playing SW movie clips, but I can't seem to recall if the 10K does, too? I think so, but can't remember where.
I have a picture from the 2018 5K where they were playing a movie clip so I think they were in all races that year.

Definitely in for this one. The challenge for sure and the 5K if I can figure out a way to make the travel schedule work. Looking forward to running through Galaxy's Edge. At least assuming they realize that you can't have a Star Wars Half Marathon that does not go through Galaxy's Edge.
I am wondering if all the courses won't change to be able to run through Galaxy's Edge. I hope so. My 11 year old son and I are doing the 5K, and then I'm doing the 10K/half. We've never done RunDisney races outside the virtual 5Ks, so this should be fun!

FWIW, scanned Expedia and it feels like some of the off site hotel prices have gotten a bit better since I last checked. Still trying to figure out if I should stay on site or go off site with a rental car.

I am wondering if all the courses won't change to be able to run through Galaxy's Edge. I hope so. My 11 year old son and I are doing the 5K, and then I'm doing the 10K/half. We've never done RunDisney races outside the virtual 5Ks, so this should be fun!
That's the big question, and if haven't scanned through the thread already you'll find a lot of discussion on this, apparently it would be a challenge on a few levels to run the course through GE. I'm hopeful but we'll see, unfortunately they prob won't announce the course route until April.

FWIW though, I could be wrong on this but I don't think Disney has had a Hollywood Studios based 5k, they usually run through Epcot and I'm checking some old maps now and a few have run through Animal Kingdom. Anything's possible but it looks like it would be a first for them.

With the November 5K moving from Animal Kingdom To Epcot (which unfortunately was announced after AP sign up which running through DAK was the reason I wanted to run) I doubt a 5K will happen in another park

I could see maybe being able to reroute the 10 and/or half

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!