Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

thanks @cavepig I just found this out from them also via email they said "Unfortunately, we do not currently offer Passholder Discount for pre-ordered items. " If I saw this earlier I wouldn't have sent that email oh well at least I got one!

One last question, is there a difference between Dark Sid and Light Side for the 10k? Some of my friends want to join me, and we thought we should pick different sides to make it fun

One last question, is there a difference between Dark Sid and Light Side for the 10k? Some of my friends want to join me, and we thought we should pick different sides to make it fun

If it's like this year, the differences are just the shirt you get and/or the medal. The rest of the experience is pretty much identical.

I might be wrong but I think it's the bib? I didn't really notice anything differently last race.

From what Ive observed in the tag the bibs will have whatever dark or light side character from the races rivalry while the shirt and medal had both characters

It was just the bib. The shirts and medals are the same for both.

My getting registered for the Kessel Run portion of Rival Run challenge is finally all taken care of. It's not unlike flying the Millennium Falcon.

When I registered through my travel agent, she was told that you had to register for Kessel separately. So I went in to add virtual/Kessel and saw no such option. I called runDisney and they told me that it was supposed to be done through my travel agent. They told me that someone would be getting back to me to get this all taken care of. runDisney reached out to my travel agent, who it turn reached out to me and got the payment to add virtual/Kessel with no extra upgrade fee taken care of. She told me that runDisney would send me a new email. That new email arrived, and I when I went to register, it told me I was already registered for the event which runDisney told me might happen back on the original phone call.

I emailed my travel agent and she got back to me saying that runDisney was aware of the problem and hoped to have it fixed within a day or two. Yesterday morning I got another email from runDisney saying my registration was live. I waited until today since they had said it could happen on Thursday. It went through today with no problems and I'm all set now.

For all the frustrating things that Disney can do sometimes, I feel like they handled this pretty well. My initial email to runDisney on the 15th received a quick response the next day. The runDisney cast member I spoke with on the phone was helpful and even gave me a heads up that the system could be wonky. Then runDisney contacted my travel agent and got the ball rolling on fixing it and I had paid for virtual/Kessel on the 18th. Setting aside the wonkiness to their system, I feel like response time has been quick and everything is set now.

I've got more surprise bills piling in, but if everything is still available come Sept 1 I may pull the trigger and deal with the financial consequences later :crazy:

Yep, finally got my registration corrected myself, but not without plenty of wonkiness. They originally sent me the wrong link so I was registered for Kessel and the Rival Run challenge, I only wanted the Kessel challenge. They sent the correct link, but I was already registered so it wouldn't work. They cancelled the original registration and sent me the wrong link again, so I closed it out and went back to the corrected link from last week and everything is finally right.

:rotfl: This sentence accurately describes every situation I've had with rD needing to take care of something, lol! Wonky, indeed, but they do get it done eventually. Glad it's all sorted out now!
Me too. I had some concern that because of the anniversary year and the sure to be wildly/over the top/insanely popular/1 hour long lines in the park after the race to get your Kessel Run medal photo in front of the Millennium Falcon, the virtual/Kessel Run portion might sell out, but I made backup plans in case that happened that involved taking the 2018 Kessel Run medal.

What I don't get is why they simply don't have an option to register for virtual/Kessel separately exactly like they did in 2018 after they added that. Seems like that would have been much simpler than them having to call travel agents and send out multiple emails.
Yep, finally got my registration corrected myself, but not without plenty of wonkiness. They originally sent me the wrong link so I was registered for Kessel and the Rival Run challenge, I only wanted the Kessel challenge. They sent the correct link, but I was already registered so it wouldn't work. They cancelled the original registration and sent me the wrong link again, so I closed it out and went back to the corrected link from last week and everything is finally right.
That's exactly what happened to me.

I’d really like to do this race weekend and finally pick up my Kessel Run, but these resort rates have me hesitating. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good deal.or know if @Keels is still working on a group rate for the weekend?

I’d really like to do this race weekend and finally pick up my Kessel Run, but these resort rates have me hesitating. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good deal.or know if @Keels is still working on a group rate for the weekend?
Last I heard she was finalizing resorts for the weekend.

I am with you though the pricing has me hesitant.

Think part of the reason the rates are so high is that a pretty good minority of schools are on spring break. The weekend of the run is the last weekend of spring break still. So the weekend is not totally a dead week.. combined with rundisney weekend and I can’t see the rates coming down

I kept putting off registering since hotels were crazy but today I booked the Swan as a Priceline express deal for $275 a night including taxes and fees, I can live with that. Husband is signed up for the challenge and 10k for me. Can't wait!

Just got my Princess block confirmed today - I should have prices for Star Wars weekend tomorrow ... I've requested Pop, POFQ, CB and AKL/WL (whichever Deluxe is a better deal). I'll post here as soon as I hear!

Just got my Princess block confirmed today - I should have prices for Star Wars weekend tomorrow ... I've requested Pop, POFQ, CB and AKL/WL (whichever Deluxe is a better deal). I'll post here as soon as I hear!
how many day are we allowed to book . is it only for the day of races or can go longer (Im there from 15-23 but might split stay )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!