Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

it’s funny how much things have changed. Looking at old Boston Marathon photos and everyone running in heavy sweatpants and sweatshirts.

well, it was colder back then... now, because of global warming, its nothing but tshirts and shorts.

(end sarcasm..... global warming.... hahahah)

Hi all! I just signed up for the Challenge (10K + half marathon). I'm a bit late coming to the party as I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to do this race until just now. I'll be a first timer :) Did the limited edition (I think 1,000) MagicBands get released for pre-sale and are sold out...or will that become available on the runDisney page closer to the race date??

Hi and :welcome:

The magicbands were released when registration opened in July, so if you’re not able to preorder one, they unfortunately must be sold out.

The magicbands were released when registration opened in July, so if you’re not able to preorder one, they unfortunately must be sold out.
Thanks :) I figured that must be the case but was hoping that I might be able to snag one. Guess I’ll just have to do this race again in 2021, lol.

This may be a stupid question, but do we get generic MagicBands to use for Pictures, etc???

Thanks, I appreciate the warm welcome and tolerance for newbie questions :)

I've been to Disney more times than I can think as a kid, but it's been over 25 years since I've been to Disney World...and this is my first ever runDisney event. I'm excited and think that this will be the first of many ;)

The only stupid question is the question NOT asked. ::yes::
You will not get (or need) a MagicBand for photos they use your bib number. RunDisney will post codes specific to the races so you can link your race photos to your MDE account.

Thanks, I appreciate the warm welcome and tolerance for newbie questions :)

I've been to Disney more times than I can think as a kid, but it's been over 25 years since I've been to Disney World...and this is my first ever runDisney event. I'm excited and think that this will be the first of many ;)
Trust me you are in for a fantastic experience. The positive energy and enthusiasm is incredible.

FWIW I ran my first-ever 5K at the 2017 Marathon Weekend, and I'm doing my first-ever 10K on this one. I told my wife I like to set the bar high for those first-times. :)

I just registered for the half; my first Run Disney event! Kind of spur of the moment. (My 5th overall half marathon). Booked at the Dolphin. I wanted to put my annual pass to use and thought this would be a really fun bucket-list experience. Can't wait!!

And now that I've seen the medal, seriously considering adding the 5K! I mean, if I'm going do it, I might as well do it all! LOL!
haha!! They are unique and fun medals this year! Don't wait too long if you decide to register for another event. I saw that the 10k is sold out. Thankfully it's part of the Rival Run Challenge. Phew 😉. Maybe next year I'll try for all 3 races, but I'll stick with 2 this year 👍
It's such a fun weekend🎈🎈. Enjoy!!

I just registered for the half; my first Run Disney event! Kind of spur of the moment. (My 5th overall half marathon). Booked at the Dolphin. I wanted to put my annual pass to use and thought this would be a really fun bucket-list experience. Can't wait!!
I will see you in the bus line . staying at the dolphin as well . im doing the 21km and 15 year son doing the 10k

I'm looking forward to seeing the medals for myself at marathon weekend. Sometimes seeing them in person makes them grow on me. And while I do not really dislike any of this year's medals, hopefully seeing them for myself will improve them.

I'm looking forward to seeing the medals for myself at marathon weekend. Sometimes seeing them in person makes them grow on me. And while I do not really dislike any of this year's medals, hopefully seeing them for myself will improve them.

I'm definitely looking forward to this myself, but am super jealous of everyone who gets to see them next weekend! I have to wait until Princess, but I have a feeling seeing them in person is going to improve my opinion on them too. Kessel has been growing on me as time goes on, but I'm hoping seeing it in real life will really help.

The Star Wars race medal I dislike the most is the 2017 Rebel Challenge. Such a major disappointment. And even that one improved slightly after I saw it in person. None of these medals annoy me the way that one did even if I was hoping for more of a trilogy per race vibe for 2020.

Here's my thing about the Kessel Run medal. I really think it's a nice looking medal, but after everyone, myself included so loved the original Kessel Run design, I get why people either really hate the new one or just feel let down by it. I will miss the opportunity to "fly" it around Galaxy's Edge, so it looks like I'll have to bring the 2018 Kessel Run medal along for those photos.

I see that only the 10k is sold out. Is there any chance of runDisney offering any discounts for those other races?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter