Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

PrincessV

DIS Veteran
Question about down grading distance . Ive signed up for 21km and my 15yo son is doing the 10km the day before . Ive thought about seeing if i down grade so i dont have to have 2 really early mornings. If its sold out would they let me . Im also guessing if i can i just lose the price difference
I think this is a question only rD can answer - downgrading isn't officially offered, but may be allowed on a case by case basis.

escriven75

Mouse bars for breakfast!!!
Hi All,
I'm hoping to run this series next year (2021) and was wondering when registration typically opens? When did you register for 2020's races?

• LandoBlanco

Earning My Ears
    Registration for 2020 opened in July. If you use a travel agent that works with runDisney, you can book earlier.
    Hi All,
    I'm hoping to run this series next year (2021) and was wondering when registration typically opens? When did you register for 2020's races?

rdiver

Earning My Ears
    Just realized I'm about 10 days out from making dining reservations. Haven't really thought about where to eat, except hoping for California Grill Brunch for Sunday after the race.

camaker

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
    The AP room discounts were pretty decent, so I decided to go ahead and stick with the moderates. POFQ here I come! Now I just need to register for the SWRR + Kessel and I'm officially in for the weekend! I love going this time of year. The Flower & Garden Show is one of my favorite times. Here's hoping for a good show at Garden Rocks, too.

• fatmanatee

Mouseketeer
    Just realized I'm about 10 days out from making dining reservations. Haven't really thought about where to eat, except hoping for California Grill Brunch for Sunday after the race.
    Been thinking about this too, with regard to Oga's. When will reservations open up for race weekend? Might be worth bumping this thread when it happens so anyone who is interested can jump in.

• softball chick

Teacher of Math and Disney Magic
    I believe the themes were already announced, but here’s runDisney’s latest blog post on the themes:

I wasn't planning on doing this weekend, but now that they released these themes and designed I am suddenly hardcore reconsidering.
    That half marathon...GAH! Just take all my money now, Run Disney :laughing:

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    I wasn't planning on doing this weekend, but now that they released these themes and designed I am suddenly hardcore reconsidering.
    That half marathon...GAH! Just take all my money now, Run Disney :laughing:
    Same...

camaker

I believe the themes were already announced, but here’s runDisney’s latest blog post on the themes:

The themes have been out for a month or two. These pics look like they are quite likely to also serve as shirt designs. Gotta say I like them and am looking forward to seeing what the medals look like, especially the redesigned Kessel medal.

lilmc

Mouseketeer
    These pics look like they are quite likely to also serve as shirt designs.
    This is exactly what I was going to ask. They totally look like the shirt designs, color and everything. Do we think that’s the case? I’m torn because I’m doing the 5k and the Challenge, but wasn’t going to do the Kessel Run Challenge with the virtual because do I *really* need to spend another $69 just to get that shirt? But I love the Kessel Run Challenge design!

camaker

This is exactly what I was going to ask. They totally look like the shirt designs, color and everything. Do we think that’s the case? I’m torn because I’m doing the 5k and the Challenge, but wasn’t going to do the Kessel Run Challenge with the virtual because do I *really* need to spend another $69 just to get that shirt? But I love the Kessel Run Challenge design!
    I don’t think you get the shirt with the Kessel Run Challenge. Pretty sure you have to buy the shirt separately.

rdiver

Earning My Ears
    Hours for Sunday April 17 has EMH at 8am for Hollywood Studios. Wonder if that means running through Galaxys Edge is out?

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates