Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

Got tired of the spinning on my computer so I got on my phone and got straight in to register for the 5K.

Registered for the challenges for DH and I. Got a jacket and MB. DH is cussing at the iPad doing the 5k’s for all four of us (that was a tester device, didn’t think it’s get in. (Oops)

Last edited:

For those who preregistered but want the MagicBand - they're up in the store now.

They're gone again now though. I totally forgot that they might open up, but oh well. I wonder how much the scalpers will charge for them.

I got the MagicBand, wasn't crazy about buying something without knowing what it looks like. Do they usually release designs on things like the jackets before they sell out? I was thinking about it buying it, but that's too much money without knowing if I'll like it.

They haven't in past years for this event but the pre-order merchandise for marathon weekend has pictures out so they could very well be doing that for all events going forward.

Family of five from Long Island is all set for the 5K and 10K races; rooms booked at the Gran Destino. I finished my first 10K in over 40 years in 84 minutes at the 2019 Rival Run, so my goal is to get these 65 year old bones in shape to better that time. :duck:See all you'll soon!!

Weird question. I pre-registered through my TA for the half back in April and yesterday she told me she could add the Kessel Run. So I've registered and paid for the that, but when I got my email this morning to complete the registration, it said I was registered for the "Kessel Run Challenge (Star Wars Rival Run Challenge + Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon)"

I didn't think much about it until it said that "as a challenge participant, you will also be running the 10K race" and asked for anticipated pace.

I checked over everything and I definitely didn't pay for the rival run, just the half with Kessel. I wouldn't mind doing the 10k except for the fact that with my work schedule I won't be in Orlando until Saturday morning. Has anyone else seen anything like this? I'm assuming it's just a mistake on the online form? Either way, I'm signed up, but it just looked strange.

Weird question. I pre-registered through my TA for the half back in April and yesterday she told me she could add the Kessel Run. So I've registered and paid for the that, but when I got my email this morning to complete the registration, it said I was registered for the "Kessel Run Challenge (Star Wars Rival Run Challenge + Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon)"

I didn't think much about it until it said that "as a challenge participant, you will also be running the 10K race" and asked for anticipated pace.

I checked over everything and I definitely didn't pay for the rival run, just the half with Kessel. I wouldn't mind doing the 10k except for the fact that with my work schedule I won't be in Orlando until Saturday morning. Has anyone else seen anything like this? I'm assuming it's just a mistake on the online form? Either way, I'm signed up, but it just looked strange.
Not sure how it works with TAs but it sounds like someone screwed up. Feels like it would be hard to screw this up in that way though, the Run Disney site is pretty cut and dry as far as navigating which races you want to do, maybe the TAs bypass that setup and put you in the system manually?

The only other thing I can think of is that Disney is accidentally sending the same confirmation email to both types of challenge participants, but we can verify if that's the case if someone else here had signed up for the Half and Half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter