Official 2020 HHN Thread - 30 Years of Scares

We’re very excited about this house after having tix to see Beetlejuice on Broadway in April only to have the world shutdown and the show close before we could see it.
Family loved it down to
The tween
Personally the more I see the less likely Ill go.
It's still a few months away and a lot can happen between now and then - so I can hope for the best I
You have time to decide...Hate to admit it but the fewer lost souls there the better for the rest of us
Just turn on those darn fog machines, save me some pizza fries and let all the special effects fly! :bounce::scared1:
Piiiiizzzza fries drool!
also wouldn't hate an encore showing of that gorgeously lit sam/pumpkin scare zone.)
Oh, yeah, gimmie some Sam!
I’ll be doing hhn no matter what the reviews are.
If it’s a watered down event, I’ll live with it.

Been attending hhn since the third year it started
Some years have been better than others for me.
A lot of the experience depends on the company you keep...

& VIP tour lol

I do think I'm gonna have to splurge on express this year though. We've always done the stay and scream and knocked out 4-5 houses just in the first 1-2 hours each night. Saw every house easily over the course of both days. Plus, all the running back and forth was a great calorie burn for the drinks and snacks I was putting away with abandon - lol.

But this year, if no S&S advantage, plus other limitations ala virtual queues and whatnot....think we'll have to pony up for the express.

do think I'm gonna have to splurge on express this year though. We've always done the stay and scream and knocked out 4-5 houses just in the first 1-2 hours each night. Saw every house easily over the course of both days. Plus, all the running back and forth was a great calorie burn for the drinks and snacks I was putting away with abandon - lol.
Never did the EP but have gone early enough to see a majority of houses via the S&S

projected that WDW is starting off with somewhere in area of 25%-30% regular attendance in parks

no idea where U sits currently

wondering if those very low guesstimates will also be in effect for fall parties?

if so, probably no need to really worry re getting thru houses.

if so, probably no need to really worry re getting thru houses.
After visiting the parks this week, less people does not always result in lower wait times and I can see this being the same in the houses. They will no longer be able to push folks through quickly in large groups. Families will have to be spaced out at least 6 feet so volume going through the house will decrease possibly creating a longer wait.

To take a look at a positive, I could see that making the houses that much more scarier. Most of the times when you go through a house, how scary it is can be hit or miss. If you get to a jumpscare section and they jump out just a few people in front, you've seen it, and most likely just gonna walk right on by. If they space out parties, they should be able to pretty much get every party that walks through

But, I guess that's assuming they would even have actors be close enough to jump scare

The only thing which has always happened to us and I assume to a few of you also is you'll get some people in front of you who take their time. There is nothing wrong with that, you've paid the money and you want to take as much details of the houses in as possible but while in the moment, are you really going to keep thinking keep a distance over and over while you're scared half to death if you don't realise you've nearly caught up with the group in front of you. I think not. Plus the people behind you may not realise you've then had to slow right down which will cause a back up.
I realise cast members urge people to carry on moving but if they technically are, they're just extremely slow then this could* become a slight and I mean slight issue

If there is reduced capacity - we are likely to go especially as we would be going right at Halloween.

These are rumors so take them with a grain of salt.

So I've seen this a few places now - all the houses will be announced at once.

From what I understand that is how it used to be done in the early years.
Three of the four IP that are supposedly locked in are ones we have seen people go back and fourth on.
Beetlejuice, Bride of Frankenstein and Billie Eilish (yes her own house seems to be back).
I'm not sure I believe the fourth - it was already done in the last 4 or 5 years - so I wont bring it up.

Still not seeing any rumors on multi day tickets :(

Screenshot_20200608-195356.png

Has anyone noticed this on the universal website under the scare actor dining. The fact that they've specifically updated it to include information about social distancing has made up my mind to buy tickets as that honestly makes me feel so much more confident HHN is going to go ahead

I've tried to buy tickets the past 2 days online and it keeps saying invalid or can't purchase tickets right now. I can add them to my cart but it will not let me continue to payment. Maybe it's just me. I plan on calling today to order.

I've tried to buy tickets the past 2 days online and it keeps saying invalid or can't purchase tickets right now. I can add them to my cart but it will not let me continue to payment. Maybe it's just me. I plan on calling today to order.
This happened to me last week when I was trying to buy APs when we attended the preview days. I tried purchasing through the web site and app, but no luck. I tried multiple browsers and devices. I had to go to Guests Services to purchases them. There must be some issue with their web site similar to their app.

I've just managed to buy my tickets so keep trying, maybe clear your browser and cookies ☺️

After visiting the parks this week, less people does not always result in lower wait times and I can see this being the same in the houses. They will no longer be able to push folks through quickly in large groups. Families will have to be spaced out at least 6 feet so volume going through the house will decrease possibly creating a longer wait.

Seems quite low but via a search i’m Seeing US max capacity of 27,000 guests.

if they are truly talking 20 - 30% capacity, max of approx 8,000 guests would be amazing

Seems quite low but via a search i’m Seeing US max capacity of 27,000 guests.

if they are truly talking 20 - 30% capacity, max of approx 8,000 guests would be amazing
Yup - I assume we will be up to 50-75% by HHN though (thinking positively) - still not bad - but a challenge with VQ and without scare zones (or limited scare zones), no shows and the typical lines for holding people. I know that's all rumors currently, but seems plausible.

Does give people a lot of time to drink...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter