Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Can someone tell me what price they were at the expo?

$64.99 - I knew I saw it online somewhere.* It's the dark side one, but I can't imagine it would be a different price.

*I'm too new to post a link apparently, but if you look up the Main Street Mouse article: "Merchandise From The 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend" you'll see a picture that has the price tag.

$64.99 - I knew I saw it online somewhere.* It's the dark side one, but I can't imagine it would be a different price.

*I'm too new to post a link apparently, but if you look up the Main Street Mouse article: "Merchandise From The 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend" you'll see a picture that has the price tag.

Thanks! I’m pretty sure I’ll have to go the eBay route if I decide to get it, so it’s nice to have the price for reference. Kicking myself for not just getting it in the first place - I could have used my AP discount.

I started to type this earlier this week but I've been going to bed so. early. I think the early mornings caught up with me!

Overall, it was a great weekend. It went so quickly though.

It's the first time we've taken the kids with us and the first weekend someone drew the short straw (me) and did all three races.

Usually we fly off the plane and go right to the expo. This year we came a day earlier. Spent Thursday at EPCOT and took a lyft from Beach Club to the expo. My husband loves taking a lyft.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I think the communication could have been better for the 5k. We couldn't find race staff to tell us what to do, eventually made our way to the buses and went from bus to bus trying to find one with four seats. The bus driver hadn't been told what was going on and told us he thought something had happened at the start line. We didn't have great internet access so I couldn't get twitter to refresh. Eventually, they told us that we could either run or go home. The girls were so excited to run - so off we went! It was fun even running in the rain. And, it was kind of funny because I insisted my husband buy a second pair of running shoes in case it rained. Me for the win. We went back to the hotel and ate, then headed out to Magic Kingdom. We were there until 8:30 - the kids did great (I was really worried about how they'd do with an early morning and then park time and we told them when they were done we would just go back to the hotel but that never happened.)

My daughter and I did the 10k and we had so much fun! I've always been too nervous to stop for photos but we stopped for a few and I got her pic at every mile marker. It was just fun to spend time with her. I liked running through Hollywood Studios on the other 10k route, but this year was fun too. She was worried that we weren't fast, but I told her I'd rather stop for the pictures than get a good time.

The half was slower than I wanted but for this Michigan girl it is tough to go from snow to the humidity. We stopped for a few pictures. I was really (really :) ) pleased to finish and a little emotional when it was done. Now that I'm looking back on it, the half was fun, too. I know what I want to keep working on. I just felt so so good at the start and the first five miles. I have been dealing with some tendonitis, and I broke down and made an appointment to see someone about it now that the race is over.

I think the girls got the best pic out of our family - my dance mom skills came in handy to do two buns at 3:00 am. And they stayed pretty well even with the rain!

IMG-2411.JPG

We just had the best trip and I feel so fortunate that we were able to do it. I'm hoping we are able to do it next year to make it 5 years.

Thanks friends in the group for all of your advice. I don't post a ton, but I get so much from reading your posts.

Has anyone looked into booking one of the race participant package offers for future race weekends? I'm trying to find out more information on what it includes and if it's a discount or just an early booking opportunity.

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a long time, so I thought I would stop by and say hello. First, thanks to the more experienced folks for posting such helpful information. Our family of 5 ran a combination of the 5K and 10K races, our third runDisney event; this was my first 10K. The information gathered here made our trip that much more enjoyable.

I realize that there are differing opinions on the way the 5K was handled; my DW and Daughter in Law both finished the rain shortened event. As for the 10K, being my first, I didn't know what to expect, and I had fun, fun, fun. Four of us participated in the 10K, all rookies, and finished with times between 77 and 84 minutes. We weren't trying to set the world on fire, and finishing was my only goal.

We stayed that the Coronado Springs Resort, and were very happy with the refurbished rooms and service. I do wish the Maya Grill was open for breakfast and lunch; the new restaurant on the lake looks like it will have plenty of appeal, and I imagine there will be additional restaurants in the new tower, which will include a roof-top restaurant according to staff.

The lesson learned for us was to take it easy with visits to the theme parks and playing golf; we over-extended ourselves for sure.

We already booked our rooms for the races next year, deciding to stay in the new tower at CSR.

Paul

I searched but didn't see it. Does anyone know 2020 dates?
Dates are back to mid/late April next year: April 16 – 19, 2020.
Today is the deadline for this special Star Wars Rival Run participant booking - it looks like you can pre-register for any of the races as well between now and next Star Wars, along with your accommodations. I wish there was information somewhere. I saw the DIS site article, but hate to bug them just to find out what the package even is. https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...or-2019-star-wars-half-marathon-participants/

Dates are back to mid/late April next year: April 16 – 19, 2020.
Today is the deadline for this special Star Wars Rival Run participant booking - it looks like you can pre-register for any of the races as well between now and next Star Wars, along with your accommodations. I wish there was information somewhere. I saw the DIS site article, but hate to bug them just to find out what the package even is. https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...or-2019-star-wars-half-marathon-participants/
Uh yeah what? That link is light on details and as you said it looks like the last booking day is today? Is this something just from Dreams Unlimited? I don't see anything in the runDisney pages, I never got an email, nothing.

Uh yeah what? That link is light on details and as you said it looks like the last booking day is today? Is this something just from Dreams Unlimited? I don't see anything in the runDisney pages, I never got an email, nothing.

The information I saw at a number of "unofficial" websites is that registration for the 2020 Star Wars Rival Runs will open July 16th, 2019. I didn't want to wait to reserve rooms at CSR because the deposit is fully refundable, so very little risk there.

I believe there was also a booth at the expo.

Many travel agencies were doing this deal.

I saw the booth at the expo but I read it (wrong I guess) as early registration for Star Wars 2020 only, which I definitely am not ready to commit to. If it's not an individual travel agent thing and actually originating from runDisney, and something they *want* us to take advantage of, I'm just surprised it wasn't made known in an email to participants or something. We've gotten similar email offers at least for early registration after Marathon Weekend in the past.

I saw the booth at the expo but I read it (wrong I guess) as early registration for Star Wars 2020 only, which I definitely am not ready to commit to. If it's not an individual travel agent thing and actually originating from runDisney, and something they *want* us to take advantage of, I'm just surprised it wasn't made known in an email to participants or something. We've gotten similar email offers at least for early registration after Marathon Weekend in the past.
They have been promoting it through their travel partners (travel agencies). runDisney can book your package but that's not their focus so thats why this is more of a Travel Agency thing they partner with.

Agree about the merch. The only thing I really wanted was the pint glass, but the line to check out was ridiculous, so I didn't wait.

I was happy to see pint glasses make a return to the runDisney merch! However I didn't like the design on the Star Wars pint glasses, or the runDisney pint glasses, so I skipped them. I used to collect pint glasses from the Disney races until they stopped making them years ago. Glad they are back.

So many lost opportunities for Disney to take my money. I spent less on this trip than I had planned. That is rare!

I used to collect pint glasses from the Disney races until they stopped making them years ago. Glad they are back.

I like to collect them too. The last one I have is from the 2016 marathon. I should've waited and bought the Star Wars one, but I had to get back for a dinner reservation. Oh well, next time!

My medal story: On Sunday after the half marathon, DH and I bused back to Wilderness Lodge. I hopped in the shower; he laid out on the bed what he would wear to HS, including his challenge medal. We switched places, he in the shower and I getting dressed. When I sat down on the bed to put on my shoes, his medal fell to the floor; the pin in the middle broke in half and his medal was in pieces. I felt awful, he wouldn't accept mine, and as a result we decided not to wear any medal to HS that day.
When we got home, I emailed runDisney and asked if they would replace the medal. Their reply was that I should send them a picture and they would evaluate my request. WELL, today I got another response that DH should receive a new medal in 4-6 weeks. YAY! As I have said, he ran the first marathon in 1994 and has run at least one Disney race weekend almost every year since. This is the first mishap with any medal. I am soooo thankful to runDisney for helping me make things right. Disney has sprinkled a little pixie dust on me today!

If the SW weekend merchandise items don't sell on eBay soon hopefully they will lower their prices. The Dark Side spirit jersey was all I really wanted. I only bough that, a kessel shirt and 2 magnets like always. i cannot buy the pint glasses because their quality sucks. You have to hand wash and pray they don't peel. This being my 4th Dark Side race (rival run is not unnatural to say LOL) the merchandise sure has changed through the years. Course was pretty dead feeling through some stretches due to the new no spectator on private roads rule. I was in A and there were stretches of just darkness and no cheering. Saw them remove a guy from mile 6.5 because he was in the middle of the median which was no longer allowed. Overall I love this weekend, yes it's hot, yes it's changed a lot from 2016-now but I will continue to run it for my love of SW, disney and keeping that legacy/perfect status :)

Just wanted to chime in again.... getting on the bus right after the race, my mom asked "would you do it again?" and my resounding and immediate response was a big NO WAY. And now, a week and a half later, looking through pictures and talking to people at home about it I'm like..."hm....maybe...."

I totally blame you guys.

That is all.
:rolleyes1

Just wanted to chime in again.... getting on the bus right after the race, my mom asked "would you do it again?" and my resounding and immediate response was a big NO WAY. And now, a week and a half later, looking through pictures and talking to people at home about it I'm like..."hm....maybe...."

I totally blame you guys.

That is all.
:rolleyes1
And that's how they get us. After my first race, I didn't think I'd ever do another one again. But in time, I felt differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!