Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

I'm feeling super discouraged. I haven't been able to run in 2 months because of viral bronchitis. My cough seems to be getting WORSE. (I've seen a doctor twice already). I'm only doing a 10k but considering I was out of shape to begin with and this was my first ever race, I'm very nervous I wont be able to finish. I was only at a 4 mile run/walk in October! I may try a short one mile run over the weekend to see how I feel.
I had this when I was training for my first marathon. A course of Prednisone was the only thing that could finally clear it up.

So, last night, my husband and I went on to my account to make sure that he had put his PoT in for the Rival Run 1/2 and his 5K and his Kessel Run registrations are not under my registrations. I have the confirmation emails from runDisney that that we both signed up for the 5K and he registered for the Rival Run Challenge and the Kessel Run challenge. We tried calling runDisney last night when we found out and had to leave a message since no one was available (probably busy with Marathon Weekend starting today) and we also emailed them to see if there's a glitch or what. I'm freaking out because I know we registered! UGH!!! Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Someone posted a video on the Team #RunDisney Facebook page from the marathon expo. Definitely can confirm that the challenge medal is a double spinner.

Yep. Just saw that. So you can either go half and half with the picture on the front or have a complete picture of your preference. That doesn't answer the underlying question of why they consider Justin Bieber to be Darth Vader's rival, though. Just kidding, but seriously, the complete light side pic looks more like Bieber than Luke to me...

I'm feeling super discouraged. I haven't been able to run in 2 months because of viral bronchitis. My cough seems to be getting WORSE. (I've seen a doctor twice already). I'm only doing a 10k but considering I was out of shape to begin with and this was my first ever race, I'm very nervous I wont be able to finish. I was only at a 4 mile run/walk in October! I may try a short one mile run over the weekend to see how I feel.

I had an injury late this past summer that pretty much left my Wine and Dine training down to 2 weeks! haha The thing that is nice is that you don't have to run if you aren't able or conditioned to. It may not be the race you planned on but it'll still be fun! I haven't done races very long and 100% remember the time before the first race when you're certain you'll not be able to make the pace requirements. But it can be done just walking fast. That's what the Balloon ladies do - they don't run! :) Being at a "only" 4 mile/run walk in October was well ahead of the curve - you'll be fine. The Galloway suggested training is just past 2.5 miles at this time.

I had an injury late this past summer that pretty much left my Wine and Dine training down to 2 weeks! haha The thing that is nice is that you don't have to run if you aren't able or conditioned to. It may not be the race you planned on but it'll still be fun! I haven't done races very long and 100% remember the time before the first race when you're certain you'll not be able to make the pace requirements. But it can be done just walking fast. That's what the Balloon ladies do - they don't run! :) Being at a "only" 4 mile/run walk in October was well ahead of the curve - you'll be fine. The Galloway suggested training is just past 2.5 miles at this time.

@StacyStrong This 100%! Last year I trained for Dopey. I didn't miss any training runs and felt 100% ready for a great race. Then on Saturday I started feeling sick. Ran/(mostly walked) the half and went back to the room to sleep. I honestly did not think I would get to run the marathon. And was super discouraged and depressed. But I decided (after chatting on a board here) to give it a go and just do what I could. I had the BEST time! I stopped for all the characters I wanted and rode Expedition Everest in the middle of my race! It wasn't the race I planned but it was still a fantastic race and I am so happy I did it. You got this! :)

I agree with others and think you should start out just walking and see how you feel, assuming you don’t have a fever. Excercise is supposed to help the immune system.

Edited to add good luck with the training!

I registered for the Kessel Run Challenge through a travel agent and got an email confirmation that I'm registered for Kessel. When I go to my RunDisney account it says I'm registered for the Rival Run Challenge and the virtual, but nothing about Kessel. Is that typically how it will look on the account? Thanks!

I registered for the Kessel Run Challenge through a travel agent and got an email confirmation that I'm registered for Kessel. When I go to my RunDisney account it says I'm registered for the Rival Run Challenge and the virtual, but nothing about Kessel. Is that typically how it will look on the account? Thanks!
Yes that is how it looks for my husband

I just registered for the 5K Race. I have a few questions. We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort and need to get to the Expo. Will there be buses that go to the Expo then to a theme park?

What time are the times for the Expo on Thursday?

Thanks,

I just registered for the 5K Race. I have a few questions. We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort and need to get to the Expo. Will there be buses that go to the Expo then to a theme park?

Thanks,

Coronado Springs will have buses that run to and from the Expo, but unless something changes there will not be buses to the parks from the Expo. Expo hours will be posted on rundisney.com when they’re available (and may already be).

Thanks,
Like pp said busses will go from resorts to expo at WWoS and then from WWoS to resorts & Disney Springs

After running Goofy this past weekend, I’m really looking forward to running a different half marathon course! I feel like there was even less time spent running in Epcot this year. They took us backstage and made us run out by Figment and took us straight to the finish line.

After running Goofy this past weekend, I’m really looking forward to running a different half marathon course! I feel like there was even less time spent running in Epcot this year. They took us backstage and made us run out by Figment and took us straight to the finish line.

Interesting. I was jealous seeing that half went through MK. I was hoping that maybe they would take us that route in Star Wars as well. Either way, the more park time the better. The miles feel easy when I'm going through the parks.

Interesting. I was jealous seeing that half went through MK. I was hoping that maybe they would take us that route in Star Wars as well. Either way, the more park time the better. The miles feel easy when I'm going through the parks.

I doubt it. Star Wars is built around 3 parks. I doubt they’d add a 4th. 4 parks are fir the marathon.

After seeing the medals this weekend, I’m still not impressed with the race weekend medals, but I “need” R2D2 and Kessel Run!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!