Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Interesting. I'm pleased with my Light Side choice for the Challenge. Wife is seriously pondering flipping to Dark Side for the 5k now.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/10/2019-star-wars-rival-run-weekend-themes-revealed/

So it looks like the bibs will be what's different...

ETA: I'm really jealous of the kids race theme.

I LOVE this idea of each race being themed to a particular SW rivalry! I am guessing the medals will be the same for everyone, but featuring both dark and light side characters on them. Agree that it will be different bibs depending on what side you picked when you signed up. I am glad to see them really "running" with the rivalry theme!

Sooo jealous of the theming. If we didn’t already have a cruise planned I would have been really tempted to sign up.

I really like the themes! My husband isn't doing the 10k this year and is a huge Boba Fett fan. Oops.

Ooh, we're signed up for the Kessel Run but the 10K theme is really tempting! The half is enough of a stretch for me without adding 10k the day before. Maybe if it's still open a few months (and more training!) from now, I'll have to reconsider...

The themes are very tempting. But we've agreed no trips since Max is now so old. He's well-behaved as always, but we want to be there for him and not cause stress with leaving him for several days.

Hi folks,
Fairly new to runDisney, just ran one so far. Are there course maps for the races in the Star Wars weekend on the runD site?

We probably won't know the official courses until closer to race dates when the official program comes out. You can Google the courses from this past year's races though to get an idea. Hopefully they will not change next year.

Hi folks,
Fairly new to runDisney, just ran one so far. Are there course maps for the races in the Star Wars weekend on the runD site?
An official Race Guide will be posted on the rD website a few weeks before the race and that will contain the course maps. You can find this yea'rs maps here, but there is no guarantee the'll be the same for 2019.

My mom signed me up for the race (5k and half), can someone explain the light side vs dark side? Is it a theme for each race or did you choose your “side”?

My mom signed me up for the race (5k and half), can someone explain the light side vs dark side? Is it a theme for each race or did you choose your “side”?
As far as we know, it's only a different bib, maybe a medal.

Race themes, each featuring a light side and dark side rivalry:

• Star Wars Rival Run 5K | Finn and Captain Phasma
  • Star Wars Rival Run 10K | Han Solo and Boba Fett
  • Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon | Rey and Kylo Ren
  • Star Wars Rival Run Challenge | Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader
  • runDisney Kids Races | BB-8 and BB-9E

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter